Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Re: Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan

Post by Amethyst1 »

LoveEmmettCullen wrote:Here's some evidence of my post:

It can be tough on a young starlet when all of the world's attention is suddenly turned your way. Kristen Stewart plays the female lead in the blockbuster teen vampire flick Twilight, and with that comes huge amounts of press and everyone wanting a piece of you. Stewart is revealing herself to be over the media, and would much rather stay at home and smoke a bowl. On the front steps. Literally.

When Stewart isn't indulging in the herb on her stoop like a druggy 227, she's reportedly complaining about having to do interviews about her movie. That's what comes with making the big bucks, honey! Sources say that Stewart is a horror to interview, has difficulty answering the most basic questions about the film she's in, and throws temper tantrums when it comes time for her to face the press.

''It's not like we were delving into her personal life, asking who she's dating, or whether she'd been to rehab,''a source said. Here's Kristen arriving at the Ed Sullivan Theater for her appearance on The Late Show with David Letterman in NYC.

Stewart could reportedly be overhead snapping ''I really, really hate doing this," during the Twilight press junket and could come across as "over-medicated" at times. Stoned. One source said that Stewart ''had to be begged to do anything.'' Leave her alone! She just wants to watch TV, and indulge in the latest Frito-Lay product in a green haze!

Source: http://socialitelife.celebuzz.com/mt/mt ... udeBlogs=1
idiot (kristen stewart that is)
i am sorry but that's just not cool.
I WISH she could be replaced rather than taylor, at least he's more optimistic. if she so much hates doing this, then this is not the job for you. sorry hun.
this just proves my thoughts, kirsten is very stuck-up. All the other cast seem optimistic and happy and content while doing interviews, she's not like that. and not to mention she comes off very very very rude.

I am not sure if anyone expects her to be a role model. i would never look up to a celebrity. But at least she should pull herself together.
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by twilightbelle<3 »

This literally PISSES me off...people are so critical of Kristen Stewart, for being herself. "Ahh, she is so boring, blah blah blahhhhhhhh"...It's like, Bella isn't a very outgoing vivacious person, and that was her role, to play Bella. She did it well, and quite frankly, I loved her performnace, it was good. I love Kristen Stewart, and I hope they keep her in all of the films! :?
ImageImage
E<3B
chichichobits
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by chichichobits »

I might get punched in the eye for this :lol: but I disagree with everybody saying that Bella should be replaced.
In the book Bella isn't the typical popular oh so perfect and beautiful teenage girl--she's pretty average. Certainly everybody can agree on the fact that Kristen does resemble Bella as described physically. Now a majority of people seem to think that Kristen doesn't portray how she acts in the book and that she doesn't come across as being in love with Edward. One of her character traits is that she masks her emotions and protects how she feels from other people so I doubt that she would go around shooting rainbows out of her backside at the mere sight of Edward atleast at first. In that sense it didn't seem logical to have Kristen act super bubbly sparkle sparkle XOXOXO heart with cupids arrow lovey dovey in the movie. I've seen it a few times and didn't notice before how she would like hold her breath and blink a million times a minute when talking to Edward, but maybe she does need to put some more emotion out there. As far as the manly voice I kind of like it because she sounds like a normal person. I really didn't want her to sound like a soprano like Alice or be able to voice act for one of the Disney princesses. Not only does it make her more realistic but she is more relatable atleast to me. Edward is the perfect one so she can be antiperfect and that what makes her so likeable. Atleast that's what I thought until I read this thread. You're so jellis :lol: Why you shutting down her game ...let a playa play
Official Robnapper Explosions Analyst ( Because Rob makes me go bang ! )
LoveEmmettCullen
Learning to Love Green

Post by LoveEmmettCullen »

Don't worry, I won't punch you... :twisted: nah I'm kidding. lol.
You all are right, she can't help being who she is, but its just what I think of her, personally.
Sorry to all the people who think Kristen is great or does a great job, but I can't stand her. Sorry! But she's not exactly horrible when she plays Bella... I guess, but its just her facial expressions and voice that bugs me. She does an OK job overall. That's just my opinion, though
Team Edward? Team Jacob? Phfftt... Team Emmett!
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

chichichobits wrote:I might get punched in the eye for this :lol: but I disagree with everybody saying that Bella should be replaced.
In the book Bella isn't the typical popular oh so perfect and beautiful teenage girl--she's pretty average. Certainly everybody can agree on the fact that Kristen does resemble Bella as described physically. Now a majority of people seem to think that Kristen doesn't portray how she acts in the book and that she doesn't come across as being in love with Edward. One of her character traits is that she masks her emotions and protects how she feels from other people so I doubt that she would go around shooting rainbows out of her backside at the mere sight of Edward atleast at first. In that sense it didn't seem logical to have Kristen act super bubbly sparkle sparkle XOXOXO heart with cupids arrow lovey dovey in the movie. I've seen it a few times and didn't notice before how she would like hold her breath and blink a million times a minute when talking to Edward, but maybe she does need to put some more emotion out there. As far as the manly voice I kind of like it because she sounds like a normal person. I really didn't want her to sound like a soprano like Alice or be able to voice act for one of the Disney princesses. Not only does it make her more realistic but she is more relatable atleast to me. Edward is the perfect one so she can be antiperfect and that what makes her so likeable. Atleast that's what I thought until I read this thread. You're so jellis :lol: Why you shutting down her game ...let a playa play
THATS WHAT I MEAN! Haha, some, unrealistic glamazoid, portraying someone who ISN'T. You know what I mean? And as far as her voice goes...I don't have a particularly girly voice...I don't see why people are worried about that sort of crap...She is a really good actress... to me!
ImageImage
E<3B
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

She is a good actress to me too..I think she is a little misunderstood as far as her personality and attitude goes. Its like, just because she isn't bubbly all the time and completely fake at interviews doesn't make her less of an actress.

I personally like her voice..Reading the book, Bella sounded a little bit different in my head, but I like Kristen as Bella and I think she had done a great job thus far.
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

twilightbelle<3 wrote:
chichichobits wrote:I might get punched in the eye for this :lol: but I disagree with everybody saying that Bella should be replaced.
THATS WHAT I MEAN! Haha, some, unrealistic glamazoid, portraying someone who ISN'T. You know what I mean? And as far as her voice goes...I don't have a particularly girly voice...I don't see why people are worried about that sort of crap...She is a really good actress... to me!
I agree! I loved her voice and how she acted around Edward. She acted like she was star-struck whenever Edward came into view. I loved how she portrayed Bella.
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
xxsparklyvampiresxx
Wandering Through Town

Post by xxsparklyvampiresxx »

In my opinion, Kristen doesn't really seem to show enough love for Edward in Twilight. Robert, on the other hand, did a great job. But she blinks too much, and she never closes her mouth. It's a bit irritating.
But, I couldn't imagine anyone else as Bella.
I RUN WITH VAMPIRES! ^_^
Team Edward, Now and Forever!
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

G-Faerie08 wrote:She is a good actress to me too..I think she is a little misunderstood as far as her personality and attitude goes. Its like, just because she isn't bubbly all the time and completely fake at interviews doesn't make her less of an actress.

I personally like her voice..Reading the book, Bella sounded a little bit different in my head, but I like Kristen as Bella and I think she had done a great job thus far.
THATS what I was happy about, they didn't cast a bunch of fake people, to play these, deep, driven characters...I really couldn't imagine the cast any different.
ImageImage
E<3B
dazzle_me-xx
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by dazzle_me-xx »

Ahh, come on guys.
I think we're being a little harsh here. I mean, this thread is about Kristen as Bella Swan, not about if she smokes pot, for god's sake!
Personally, on that matter, I still love Kristen, and no one really knows the inside story, they just saw some photos snapped by some idiot paparazzi. I am disappionted in her, but I'm more disappionted in the crappy papparazzii/media invading people privacy to try and make some headlines.
Okay, on to how she played Bella:
Bloody awesome. I mean, she perfectly captures the normal teen girl who meets a vampire. And when I think of that scene where James bit her, she was amazing, it was so realistic, it was like I could feel her pain.
Hhmmm.
Now a lot of you are saying that you really didn't get that Bella and Edward were in love, and Kristen didn't do a very convincing job. I disagree with that. Yeah, I did get the feeling that there wasn't that much in their relationship, but I don't think that has anything to do with Kristen. I think it was more that the movie moved too fast, there wasn't enough time to have those scenes where they really got know each other, like they did in the book(not dissing the movie, i thought it was great) so it sort of felt like that. When I think of the part in the movie when Edward comes into her room, and they kiss, she is defenitely showing how much she loves him. She did the best with what she got.
edit: I found someone else who agrees with me, and I agree with every word she said!
Like I've said in other threads, I don't think it was Kristen's fault she didn't come off as the Bella we know from the books...I think a huge piece was the director and the screen play...(sorry for those who really liked CH, I like her other work, just wasn't a fan of her doing Twilight)...the Bella from the book had a ton of emotions and wasn't afraid to show them...especially the temper tantrums...hopefully New Moon will show us that range (especially when Edward is gone)
And finally, Kristen not being good enough to play Bella? Are you kidding me? She got chosen out of thousands that auditioned, Catherine Hardwicke saw something special in her, and Stephanie Meyer was personally pleased that she got chosen.
Overall, I think she did a great job. I hope we egt to she different sides of her in New Moon, where, if she hasn't covinced you she loves Edward in Twilight, I'm pretty sure she'll do in New Moon.