Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
LoveEmmettCullen
Learning to Love Green

Re: Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan

Post by LoveEmmettCullen »

omg. Today I went to see Twilight again, and WOW, its soo good. It just keeps getting better every time, and I finally know what you guys are talking about about Kristen doing a good job as Bella. OK so I was wrong, she actually was very good in it, but just the meadow scene that I didn't like, how Edward asks if she's afraid and she's like "No," just didn't like that part how she actually did look scared, but WOW, she was actually very good at it. I just wish the chemistry between Robert and Kristen while they were acting, was a bit stronger. But overall, I think Kristen did a good job. I'm not just saying that cause everyone is starting to get mad about the whole "Kristen is a bad actress thing," but seriously, go watch it again. It's like what I first thought about Jacob when I first read the series, but then the second time through, hated even more, then third, I like him now, fourth- wow he's so awesome..etc
Team Edward? Team Jacob? Phfftt... Team Emmett!
TwilightRose1
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by TwilightRose1 »

Swan wrote:Wow, what a bunch of cruel critics. I'm sure she did a better job than any of US could do. I personally thought she was awesome and made a great Bella. Give her a break. She's only 18 and has done nothing but indie films until Twilight. This is her very first big film and it's bigger than life. She had no idea. She took a huge leap. She'll mature and grow as an actress with every project she does and as she gets older. She'll also be more comfortable in all the crazy, awkward, uncomfortable interviews. I like that she's different. All this Emily Browning stuff..... it would have make it too Disney. I think they wanted to really stay away from that. I personally can't wait to see what Kristen does in the future and will enjoy following her career.
I know! People should give her a chance! I remember when I first found out Kristen was going play Bella.. I was soooo confused. She looked noting like the Bella I had imagined. So I was upset and hated her.. but then i started to get used to her being Bella and I think she'll do a great job!
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

I don't really hate Kristen as a person. I don't know her to hate her so that's moot.
Her acting, i think it's different with EVERYONE. we all have different eyes and we see and interpret things differently. To me, Kristen wasn't good in twilight, her acting was sometimes horrible and sometimes it was well - but the majority was just "meh" but she channelled bella well enough (like the awkardness), but certainly her acting wasn't like it's so so so so so good, definitely not.
I like Kristen, she's...different. she annoys me in interviews sometimes because she comes off really rude, who knows why? but whatever.

I am more focused on her acting then her personlity.
LoveEmmettCullen
Learning to Love Green

Post by LoveEmmettCullen »

malaz wrote:I don't really hate Kristen as a person. I don't know her to hate her so that's moot.
Her acting, i think it's different with EVERYONE. we all have different eyes and we see and interpret things differently. To me, Kristen wasn't good in twilight, her acting was sometimes horrible and sometimes it was well - but the majority was just "meh" but she channelled bella well enough (like the awkardness), but certainly her acting wasn't like it's so so so so so good, definitely not.
I like Kristen, she's...different. she annoys me in interviews sometimes because she comes off really rude, who knows why? but whatever.

I am more focused on her acting then her personlity.
Yeah I get what you mean, but I guess it may be cause she's in her late teens? I dunno. But one thing I am definitely grateful of Kristen for, is getting the role of Bella, cause Emily Browning is far from what I saw Bella as. Her acting style is a bit different for the role of Bella to me. When I first saw the Twilight trailer, I was wondering why they made Bella so pretty, I thought she was meant to be ordinary looking! But compared to the rest of Forks High school, she'd probably do for average.
Sorry, I get carried away when I'm typing, and one thing always leads to another. :)
Team Edward? Team Jacob? Phfftt... Team Emmett!
Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by Lieziewiezie »

Swan wrote:Wow, what a bunch of cruel critics. I'm sure she did a better job than any of US could do. I personally thought she was awesome and made a great Bella. Give her a break. She's only 18 and has done nothing but indie films until Twilight. This is her very first big film and it's bigger than life. She had no idea. She took a huge leap. She'll mature and grow as an actress with every project she does and as she gets older. She'll also be more comfortable in all the crazy, awkward, uncomfortable interviews. I like that she's different. All this Emily Browning stuff..... it would have make it too Disney. I think they wanted to really stay away from that. I personally can't wait to see what Kristen does in the future and will enjoy following her career.
That's probably why most of us aren't professional actresses. Kirsten on the other hand, is. I think she didn't do to bad of a job in the acting department. But one thing she has to work on so badly is her voice. Sorry, but that was just bad. There is no other way describe the missing of ANY emotion in it.
In the beginning she defenitly didn't convince me as Bella though, she looked way to confident of herself and didn't think she captured the personal struggle in regards to Edward well enough.
She didn't do afwull though.
But I think she should try to take her job a little bit more to heart. Maybe it's just an act to protect herself, but I've seen her in a few interviews and she just is so full of herself. Confidence is good, but she should defenitly take some of the comment as work items and work damn hard to improve it. She just seems to brush off all the more negative onces like the people saying it have no idea what they're saying.
She ain't a bad actress, like I said she wasn't afwull. But if she would take the comments on the lack of emotion in her voice to truth and work at it. I would maybe really boost her carreer.
Acting is hard work.
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!
shanon
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by shanon »

I like Kristen. I liked Kristen as Bella, also. I do agree that she could have put in a little more effort as far as her voice/emotions go, though. :D
EDC,Inc- Dumptruck Trainee!!!
Pic for banner by someone else.
iamthevampiregirl
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by iamthevampiregirl »

I think that although she's an amazing actress, she doesn't seem at all like the Bella I pictured in my head. I think she was wearing a little too much eye shadow, (Bella isn't supposed to wear any) and she's actually too pretty - I pictured her a little more soft looking, and less intimidating. I think that she did an great job though. :D
Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by Dazzled_by_Cullens »

iamthevampiregirl wrote:I think that although she's an amazing actress, she doesn't seem at all like the Bella I pictured in my head. I think she was wearing a little too much eye shadow, (Bella isn't supposed to wear any) and she's actually too pretty - I pictured her a little more soft looking, and less intimidating. I think that she did an great job though. :D
I thought that she was the perfect amount of pretty, if that makes sense. But, I agree with what you said about not being the Bella I pictured in my head. But then again I am sure we all have a different pictures in our heads and then there would be a million bellas running around. But, she didn't emotionally fit the Bella in my head. She seemed to have the same tone/emoition through out the whole film, except for the ballet studio and in the hospital. But, that could have been due to the directing. I can't wait to see what New Moon will bring.
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread...I my LEXILY
shanon
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by shanon »

I honestly had not heard of Kristen before this. :oops: :o But, I do like her. She is a pretty girl, and aside from the voice (at times)- I think she was a good Bella. :D I am curious now to watch some of her previous movies now, actually. :lol:
EDC,Inc- Dumptruck Trainee!!!
Pic for banner by someone else.
chichichobits
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by chichichobits »

You can watch Speak on Youtube.
Official Robnapper Explosions Analyst ( Because Rob makes me go bang ! )