Did you get someone to read Twilight?

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

Did you get someone to read Twilight?

Post by Pel »

Hi just wondering if anybodys gotten friends or family to read Twilight or New Moon. I got my Aunt to read and she really liked it Very Happy ! I tried to get my friend to read it but she doesn't really like to read oh well she still rocks!
AnaBanana
Wandering Through Town
Location: Stuck in a deadbeat town in the middle of nowhere...

Re: Did you get someone to read Twilight?

Post by AnaBanana »

Well, I got both of my parents to read it and my sister. Then they convinced their friends/siblings.

But my biggest accomplishment was getting my 58-year-old (MALE!!) teacher to buy Twilight at out "Book Fair." He thought I was insane and only bought it to shut me up...but he was hooked after the first page. :) I jokingly told him I'd get him the next two books for Christmas; he was a little miffed I wasn't serious.
These volent delights have violent ends
And in their triumph die, like fire and powder,
Which as they kiss consume.

~Romeo & Juliet
topazeyes
Settled in Forks

Post by topazeyes »

After I bawled through New Moon, I convinced my boyfriend he wouldn't understand unless he read it. It didn't take long for him to love them almost as much as me. I also got his sister to read it, and one of my best friends.
TopazEyes
Pizza??
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Pizza?? »

I got fourteen people to read Twilight, only one didnt like it.
anneboleyn
Settled in Forks

Post by anneboleyn »

I'm proud to say that I've gotten a good amount of people to read Twilight, and am currently pushing some other slothful friends to finish.
Broken-Mirror
Settled in Forks

Post by Broken-Mirror »

I got my friend to read it and buy her own copies.
I got my boyfriend to read it and he liked it alot.
I got my guy friend to read it and he has yet to give me back my books (thank god for having two coppies).
I got my grandmother to read it (she liked the story but doesn't like 1st person books).
I got my brother to read it and he let the dog get ahold of it (I didn't cry... I didn't kill him.. I will be buying a new copy when I can though.).
I've told alot of people online to go read it like now but I'm not sure how many really listened.

I'm also working on getting them all to read The Host since it was also amazing.
bitetheapple3494
Settled in Forks

Post by bitetheapple3494 »

Yeah. I got three different friends to read it, and I convinced one very slow reader to finish it. Now, some of them are even more obsessed than I am.
CastMeNotAway
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by CastMeNotAway »

So far I've gotten 7 people to read it and one other person to BUY it... but she hasn't even opened it yet *sigh*. I need to try to get through to her ;)

And two of othe people I got to read it have then gotten OTHERS to read it to... so we've started a chain reaction up here :P
Sig by me, icon by wwonder at LJ ~ 9/11/07 & 11/15/08 <3 ~ Official "Innocent Bystander" of the Robnapping Crew!
rain.on.me
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by rain.on.me »

Oh, let's see...I got, I think, four of my friends to read the books. One of them is a guy that I sat next to in homeroom all year. I babbled about Twilight so much that he finally broke down and read them. He likes them, but he's not obsessed. I actually tried to get him to join the Lexicon, but he wouldn't.
nirtia
Settled in Forks

Post by nirtia »

My Best friend is now addicted and has purchased the books, and practically raving over TWILIGHT. I am bursting at the seams for her to catch up LOL