Did you get someone to read Twilight?

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
aliacullen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Did you get someone to read Twilight?

Post by aliacullen »

my sis and i bought the book for my cousin.
my best mate got me to read it after we watched the film she said the books are so much better and now i wished i did read the books before watching the film
DarkMuse
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion
Location: In 'The Corner' of Rob's Halfway House mumbling about cookies and unicorns.

Post by DarkMuse »

I've gotten 5 people to read the books so far. My first "victim" was my niece. She's 12 and had said everyone at her school wouldn't shut up about it. So I told her that I was reading them and she could borrow Twilight since I was done with it. I never got it back. I had to buy another copy. She is currently reading BD.
Then I got one of my friends to read the entire series and we will be going to the Hot Topic DVD release party together. I got one of my brother's ex-girlfriends to read the series. I saw her the other day and we had made plans to go to the theater to see Twilight before it's gone. (It's still playing here). I got my roommate to read it and we can't stop obsessing over Edward now. I took her and her 2 sons to see Twilight. Because of my incessant talking, he is now currently reading it. I'm so proud! :lol:
Rob's Halfway House Resident » Cullenist » HHBS Member » Monkey Junkie
╰☆╮ Nikki is the TomStu to my Rob ╰☆╮
twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

I think I'm up to 8 people now. One of my friends just finished BD yesterday and called me crying when it was over. I kept telling her throughout the books "just keep reading-its keeps getting better!!". I think she's starting her re-read today! :lol: I'm just glad that more of my friends have now read it and can understand the obsession!

We're planning on going to theater one last time before the DVD release, as a few of them haven't seen the movie yet. I felt that they needed a chaperone, since they are newbies (and I have another chance to see Edward on the big screen!! :lol: :twisted: )

I still have 1 that hasn't read it-can't force her though.....you can lead a horse to water, but can't make them drink.
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

I got my little sister to read New Moon when we were waiting for a doctor's appointment, she was twelve and hated reading. But she was also bored and I happen to carry two books ith me everywhere I go. I haven't been able to stop her from stealing my books since. Thankfully she's onto sappy teen romances and Nicholas Sparks not Supernatural/Fantasy/Sci-fi/Horror like me so she stopped stealing my books after the last Max Ride. I did however have to buy her the Twilight Box Set.

I also got the ex boyfriend of this girl I hated to read the first book. It was last summer when I had gotten kicked out and he's a nice guy so he let me stay at his apartment (along with his two best friends, one of their girlfriends, a guy we kinda worked with, my bffl, and this homeless girl we found one day...we split the rent). And he was talking about how his girl wouldn't shut up about the books and how he would never date a high schooler again (we [me and the girl he was dating and the two other girls that lived with us] were all 17 and he and his friends were between 22 and 25) when I mentioned I had my copy with me if he wanted to read it just so he would know what she was talking about. He is now one of the few Twi-guys on this site, though I can never find his posts.
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
BrokenDreams
Wandering Through Town

Post by BrokenDreams »

I actually got my mom to read the books. She saw the movie with me, and she thought it was really good. I told her she should read the books and she is right now. I'm trying to get my best friend to read them too. She hates reading though, but I think she's going to give in because I won't stop bugging her about it. :lol:
Renesmee_Bella
Red-Eyed Vampire
Location: In Ohio, waiting for Edward to come through the window.....

Post by Renesmee_Bella »

Well I got my neighbor/bff to read it and Ted got our friend Pal to read it.

♥~*Proud Member/Founder of The Mookie Adams Family*~♥
JulieM
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JulieM »

I have gotten a few people hooked. My sister, some people I work with, and my personal trainer. All loved it and loved the movie. And I know that they have all recommended the saga to others. The fans just keep growing!
Image Image

Cullenist/Rob's Halfway House Member
xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by xXBeSafeXx »

I got my grandmother to read it, and my cousin got our great-grandmother to read it. :lol:
ImageImageImage
Twin--Narnia|Mafia Name--Motor Mouth Alice|EDC, Inc--Bulldozer Trainee
yousquashedit
Settled in Forks

Post by yousquashedit »

I was listening to the old Forks-casts last night (this is relevent I promise) and was quite amused by Alphie's definition of the word "bother". I "bothered" my best friend CONSTANTLY about reading the books. I finally succeeded this year!!! She read them all!! She'll never get to my level of obsessed about them, but we can still chat and argue over them.

It was actually quite fun because she finished Eclipse close to the release of the movie and started drawing random countdown pictures (a countdown which was sadly forgotten in light of other events)! One of which was (an inside joke based on one WIERD conversation) Emmett wearing Rose's makeup (as forced upon him by Jazz and Edward) which led to Edward and Emmett playing dress up with Jazz and Alice's wardrobe. I don't think we ever got around to what Jazz and Em did to Edward though...sad...I don't even think I remember anymore...but Bella was in on it...it was funny, whatever it was. I remember laughing for hours...

I'll have to see what I can do to get her to post them all online. They're quite good! ^^
ImageImageImage
Team Edward: OOH! Something Shiny! Team Seth: Bringin Seth-xy back!
futurevampire
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by futurevampire »

I counted it all up, I think 9..
My friend Ellie read all four and is obsessed like me. We're the main Twilight freaks.
My friend Sarah also read them all.
My friend Emma read the first one and just barely finished before we went to the movie, midnight showing.
My friend Laura is reading them all now so I'll joing track. I was bribed.
Her friend Katherine, who really annoys me and is NOT a Twilight kind of person at ALL said she'd read the first one. Now she's reading the others too. You can't help but like them, although she thinks Bella should date Mike, the sporty unromantic traitor. :roll:
My dad read them all and he pretends he only did because they're good writing but I see through him.
My mom read the first in less than 24 hours, I'm proud of her, she'll probably get to the others eventually. She'll have to before the movies come out.
Her friend is reading them too.
And her sister, a.k.a. my aunt is reading them. She's freaking out too, and talking to me begging to know what happens. I saw her a few weeks ago, and she was saying, 'Hey did you know that you can read part from Edward's perspective online??!! I'm partway through.'
I've known that for forever, Amy. It's called 'Midnight Sun.' I know everything about it.
So I'm up to 9. And counting, muahaha.
Edward and Bella Forever!!!<3 :: Lexicalia :: Team Esme!
Mafia: Natalia Gravano/Nat :: I'm on The List!! ~Marisa