Did you get someone to read Twilight?

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
piya
Settled in Forks

Re: Did you get someone to read Twilight?

Post by piya »

i got whole of my family including my aunt and uncle going crazy after twilight.
its a frequent dinnertime discussion in our house. :D
i got five of my friends read an buy twilight books and 1 amongst them is making a conscious effort to make her family and acquaintances twilight fans.
i also made 2 of my cousins read twilight and they too love it. :)
EverythingRemindsMeOfTwili
Settled in Forks

Post by EverythingRemindsMeOfTwili »

I got my Mom to read them, and then my youngest sister read them on the sly, and then my mother-in-law, and my aunt...and a couple of others. :D
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side."
Nora
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Nora »

I tried to get my older sister to read it, because she doesn't understand why I like it so much . But I failed . Instead my younger sister started reading it, but she has only read the first book . I did get my best friend to read it, her brother also liked the Saga and we both told her to read it too . And now she is just as crazy about it as I am . :D
Emmettroselover

Post by Emmettroselover »

I got my mom and aunts to read the books. My mom is the only one who became infatuated though. When I first read the books in October 2008, I fell in love. When I saw the movie, I could not get enough of it and my mom thought I was out of my mind because of it. She teased me so much but I told her not to knock it until she tried it. Well she tried it and once she was done, she demanded that I take her to see Twilight. She fell in love and the rest is history. She is now officially my Twilight buddy to go to the movies with and she is a proud member of Team Edward......do not get her started on Jacob!
mybrandofheroin
Settled in Forks

Post by mybrandofheroin »

My father has problems with reading, but I did get him to watch the movies. He loves them all!
"These violent delights have violent ends, and in their triumph die, like fire and powder, which, as they kiss, consume." ~ Romeo & Juliet, Act II, Scene VI
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

I got my sister to read Twilight and New Moon...

She got me watching the movie Twilight. I never knew it existed :lol: So, when I saw the movie, I went out and bought the books. My sister isn't much into books, but great fan of the movies! I finally got her to read Twilight and she loved it! She was really happy reading things that you don't know from the movie...
After that she started New Moon and read it up to the moment where Jacob brings Bella home and Alice turns out to be there. My sister never read that Alice was there though, she stopped reading. She was to depressed with Edward not being in the book. I told her to pick it back up, but she never did...

I doubt she'll read the other books, but hey, I díd get her reading the first 1 and 3/4 :lol:
Emmettroselover

Post by Emmettroselover »

Your sister is not alone in that thinking. A lot of people get turned off by New Moon and refuse to keep reading because it is so depressing. I moaned and groaned my way through it and will admit that now, I read the first part and the end over and over again, but only skim through the middle of it. My mom actually called me up and asked me why I had her reading something so gloomy and I told her that if she can just survive until the end, it would be worth it. She was so relieved once Alice returned and thankfully finished the books, so now she is a huge fan.

The other obstacle seems to be getting people to read through the imprinting in BD. I never realized how many people actually stopped out of disgust for the situation and did not finish the book. I refused to stop reading. Did I scream at Jacob and ask SM what in the world she was doing? Sure, but after reading three whole books and most of the fourth I wasn't going to stop there. I am glad that I didn't, but understand why some readers just couldn't take anymore. With NM, I try to talk people into getting through it, but with BD, it tends to be harder because it isnt something that will change. Edward comes back so things do get better with NM, but if someone is grossed out by the imprinting, it is hard to persuade them to keep reading because the imprinting isn't going to change. If anything, it becomes clearer just how attached Jacob will be to Renesmee's life.