I went to Forks!

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

I went to Forks!

Post by Pel »

Ok, I live four hours from Forks, so this is what i did.
We left at 10:00 from Tacoma, ate breakfast at This Pancake house in Bremerton. Then we took the drive, we drove through this town (i forgot the name) but we stopped to get coffee. Then we drove up through Port Angeles, My stepdad takes care of one of the US Banks there, then we drove the hour down, there was a beautiful lake, right before we entered Forks, and i saw a Volvo, but it was green. I went to the Bathroom in the thriftway. We didnt get to go to La Push, or First Beach. BUT i did go to Ruby Beach, it's south of Forks. It was BEAUTIFUL!!!! I got pics
danobanano
Putting the Fun in Fun Fur

Re: I went to Forks!

Post by danobanano »

I went to Forks, but I can't say what I did because:
WHAT HAPPENS IN FORKS STAYS IN FORKS

But I can say that it's a beautiful little town. And it rained on us, and we saw shredded clothes on the La Push First Beach so a Werewolf must have phased nearby, and there really is green squishy stuff all over everything.

It was an amazing Vacation spent with amazing people who all love Twilighting.
It's all about expectations baby
Help Save Forks High School
jenni_elyse
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by jenni_elyse »

I was in Forks too! I think I might have seen Dano there, but I can't remember for sure because as she said, "What happens in Forks, stays in Forks!"

I so didn't want to come home from my trip. Not only because I was in Forks, but because I was there with most of my best Twilight buds! It was so much fun! It would've been heaven if that trip could've lasted forever. On the day we left, I told my hubby that I wanted him and the cats to come up to Forks rather than me come home. ;)

It is beautiful in the Olympic Peninsula! Here are some pictures:
The Meadow in the Hoh Rain Forest
First Beach
Forks High School
Carlisle's Parking Spot at the Hospital
I Found Edward's Car (too bad he wasn't inside it)
:: My Blog (Comments Welcome) :: My Shelfari Shelf ::
Variety
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Variety »

I went to Forks! With about 45 or more other wonderful ladies. It was great to meet so many other women who I've come to know so well online. And, coming from the desert, I couldn't really relate to the setting of the books. Now, I do, and I understand even better what it was like for Bella to move from the warmth of Arizona, to rainy and cloudy Forks.
Where there is great love, there are always miracles. -Willa Cather
ltxc
Wandering Through Town

Post by ltxc »

I really want to go to Forks! My friend is supposed to go sometime this year, but won't take me. -_-;;
But...one of my other friends is having a birthday celebration sometime next year and we might go to Forks! I really hope so!
|:|:|:avatar credits:|:|:| drunk_machine & sarahdoesdesign
Pizza??
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Pizza?? »

Thats my post!!!!
I am about to cry!

I went back for my second time, no pictures, It was better than I remember.
22.FireandIce
Wandering Through Town

Post by 22.FireandIce »

I'm going! My dad likes to fish so, of course we are off to The Hoh. He said we could go on a twilight tour and camp and stuff. but it's only like 5/6 hours from where I live... so not that big of a deal. Anybody read the Seattle Times article about how Forks Economy has gone up from Twilight.
Seth.Jacob.Edward.Bella.Alice.Jasper.Emmett. Rosalie.Carlisle.Esme.Garrett. Zafrina.Emily.
Renesmee.Quil.Charlie.TheRomanians.Claire. Ben.Maggie.Tanya.Kate.Embry.Eleazar.Leah.Billy.

<3 Stole My Heart
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Post by Alphie »

I went to Forks with some people. Apparently we aren't supposed to talk about it. Ahem.

But I am going to anyway!!!

Forks is cold, wet, small, green, secluded, and quiet... exactly the way Stephenie describes it! In fact, I would say that the Forks Stephenie describes is more active and has more places to go than the real Forks. Seriously, people, if you plan to go, be ready for a very quiet trip. The town is very peaceful. There isn't even a McDonalds! But the Subway has a Twilight Sub and the local diner sells Bella Burgers!

And yes, I went to Port Angeles. Yes, I ate at Bella Italia. Yes, I had mushroom Ravioli. However, it was a special and is not on the menu every day. YUM!
la_tua_cantante
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Contemplating giving Edward baking lessons. (Austin, TX)

Post by la_tua_cantante »

22.FireandIce wrote:I'm going! My dad likes to fish so, of course we are off to The Hoh. He said we could go on a twilight tour and camp and stuff. but it's only like 5/6 hours from where I live... so not that big of a deal. Anybody read the Seattle Times article about how Forks Economy has gone up from Twilight.
GAH, I'm so jealous!

Actually, I talked to my husband about it and he is totally down with coming with me to take the Twilight tour and whatnot, so long as we spend a few days in Seattle too. I'm so excited!

Maybe someone can give me recommendations on places to stay in the Forks area, since it's so small?
Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.
vegasn8ive
Learning to Love Green

Post by vegasn8ive »

We went to Forks the weekend before the Seattle Breaking Dawn signing. It was wonderful. But, since Forks has now taken Las Vegas' line, I guess I won't talk about it either. ;) I keep telling my husband I want to move there. Well, I want to move just north where that beautiful lake is. *dies* My husband is killing me. He apparently picked up one of those real estate guides while we were there and every other day he flips through it telling me what great deals on real estate he finds. No joke - if he had a job there, we would probably be there already. We literally fell in love with it!