I went to Forks!

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

Re: I went to Forks!

Post by Nena »

Omg vegasn8ive, I am like in the same page. I want to move somewhere close to Lake Crescent, it is so gorgeous! I went to Forks at the end of July and I had a blast. I loved it there! Like Alphie said, it's a quiet town, but I loved the vibe of all the people there. We were asked where we were from and all the people from Forks and sorrounding towns were really nice and welcoming.
Port Angeles is such a beautiful turist town. We were there during a festival... can't remember what, but they had sand sculptures by the bay and even live music. It was awesome!

I also went to la Bella Italia, and had mushroom raviolli, yum. I want to go back!

And yeah, I am also looking at real estate online. Hahaha.
jenni_elyse
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by jenni_elyse »

I had the mushroom ravioli as well! It was very good and it was so awesome to eat what Bella ate in the book. ;)

If I could convince my husband to movie to that area, I would! He has been thinking about moving to Seattle for his business, so we could always just live on the West side of the Sound. ;) The only problem with moving there is that I'd need my peeps to move there with me because I would miss them way too much!
:: My Blog (Comments Welcome) :: My Shelfari Shelf ::
vegasn8ive
Learning to Love Green

Post by vegasn8ive »

That's funny. The mushroom ravioli was the special the day we ate there. I'm beginning to think it's not so special, after all. :lol:
aria
Settled in Forks

Post by aria »

Nena wrote: And yeah, I am also looking at real estate online. Hahaha.
Nena- You are not allowed to move there! What would we do without you?

I went to Forks over the summer, too. It was everything I was hoping for... green, wet, beautiful. One of my favorite parts was one night a group of us were driving back into town and we were passed on the road by I silver volvo going really fast... I kid you not! We nearly passed out from excitement!
Banner quote from The Host p. 575
Formerly Canzone e bella
Variety
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Variety »

One of my favorite parts was one night a group of us were driving back into town and we were passed on the road by I silver volvo going really fast... I kid you not! We nearly passed out from excitement!
Yes, I was in that car with aria, getting passed by a speeding Edward. (Does it count if the driver slowed down to make the volvo pass us?) But what made the night even better, was getting passed by a yellow sports car (no, it wasn't a Porsche) that really WAS flying past us. We knew the vamps were back in town, and in a hurry.
Where there is great love, there are always miracles. -Willa Cather
Slow Like Honey
Settled in Forks

Post by Slow Like Honey »

I went to Forks this summer too! And Nena, you most certainly are not allowed to move there. It's not close enough to commute to monthly SLTA meetings. Forks was beautiful and it was absolutely the best vacation I have ever had. I am so grateful that I got to go with all of my best friends too. I am totally an Edward girl, but my favorite place out there is La Push. I could sit on the beach and watch the waves come in for hours. I also had a lot of fun in Port Angeles eating mushroom ravioli and drinking Coke. And seeing Mamma Mia! with a ton of giggly girls. I can't wait to go back!
What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?
CullenWannaB
Settled in Forks

Post by CullenWannaB »

Of course I went to Forks and with all my favorite peeps. ;) But you know the saying "What happens in Forks, stays in Forks".

I would definately want to visit again. It was so beautiful and the people are very cool. It does rain a lot and it was cold for me. Not a shocker for those who know me. It was by far the best trip I have ever been on.
Yes I want a "Cold One" and I am not talking about a drink.
mrsedwardcullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by mrsedwardcullen »

Do you all really know each other who went to Forks? I am so jealous! I want to go there so bad. I did see the article that said that their economy has picked up since Twilight. It would probably make my life to actually be able to visit Forks. Does anyone have any other pictures they can show? I really enjoyed seeing the photos that were posted by jenni_elyse!
"You're awfully small to be so hugely irritating."
— Edward
jenni_elyse
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by jenni_elyse »

Most of the people who've posted on this thread do know each other and we went to Forks together. I do have more pictures, but they have other people in them. So, I don't feel it's right to post pictures of others without their permission.
:: My Blog (Comments Welcome) :: My Shelfari Shelf ::
Ouisa
Taking over the world and making it pretty!

Post by Ouisa »

I've been to Forks and the Olympic Peninsula several times. In fact I went out there twice this summer. It's a beautiful area! My favorite parts were the Hoh Rain Forest and First Beach. The natural beauty of the area is just stunning. My cousins and I are talking about going back to the rain forest in November and I can't wait!