I went to Forks!

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ShadowNIN
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: I went to Forks!

Post by ShadowNIN »

So I did go to Forks for my b-day last weekend(the 14th) and it was AWESOME!!! It is so pretty there and the whole town has really jumped in and made it fun for Twilighters!There is even a new store there called Dazzled by Twilight and they have some really cool Twilight stuff. I recommend anyone who can go, GO!!! :mrgreen:
ImageImage
xHaveHeartx
Settled in Forks

Post by xHaveHeartx »

Try living there!
haha I've grown up in forks and untill twilight it was always dull and boring.
Now there are sooooo many tourists and I love how one of the most popular books/movies is based on our small town! way cool.
To thine own self be true.
ShadowNIN
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ShadowNIN »

xHaveHeartx wrote:Try living there!
haha I've grown up in forks and untill twilight it was always dull and boring.
Now there are sooooo many tourists and I love how one of the most popular books/movies is based on our small town! way cool.
That is pretty cool. :) So tell me, what do you do for fun down there? Is everyone outdoorsy or do people just hang out at their friends house? Do you go to Port Angeles for everything?
ImageImage
xHaveHeartx
Settled in Forks

Post by xHaveHeartx »

Usually we all just hang out at eachothers houses and stuff. Actually go to la push alot, because I surf and I also work at the camping resort. so that's basically all I really do. Haha it's kind of hard to find anything else.Well, for groceries and stuff like that there's the local stores, and a few shops that have clothing.. but port angeles has alot more variety and it's bigger so I go out there quit a bit.
To thine own self be true.
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

That is very cool to be from Forks! You REALLY go surfing of the freezing cold Washington coast? That boggles my mind. The waster is so cold. I don't even like touching the water in Ocean Shores when I have vacationed there.

If you go to Seattle do you drive or take the Ferry? I know you don't fly, becuse that is rediculious@!
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
ambriece

Post by ambriece »

I really want to visit Forks!
I have been working on searching about Forks and what's around there,
where everything in the series is, and things like that. So far I've only
found information from MapQuest and a Forks tourist site.
I heard about this Twilight Tour thing that a place in Forks does\
(not the 200$ that someones advertising on here),
but I cannot find a site or anything for it, and I'm not sure if I'd rather
just find things on my own.
I really want to go to the Meadow(I think it's in the Hall of Mosses,
but Google could be wrong!)
I've looked up weather in the summer, and it seems alright,
hopefully it'll rain atleast once while I go. I want to stay for a week atleast.
One thing I cannot find is a hotel/motel that's actually in Forks, all I can find is
Inns and Hotels in Seattle and Port Angeles, but I really don't want to have to travel
hours everyday just to get back in forth to Forks.
Oh yeah, and by the way, I live in Phoenix, so that's why I can't just go right away =[

Any tips or information for me would be glady appreciated!!!
=D
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

Google: Forks, Washington
there is a map that the visitor center will give you.

Forks is TINY - you don't need a tour guide. Don't spend money on a tour!!!! $200 - someone is a thief!

Save the $200 for a rental car, food and a place to stay if you want to stay in Forks overnight.

I have a map under all my paperwork. I will try and scan it in and put a link on this page.
ambriece

Post by ambriece »

spookybell wrote:Google: Forks, Washington
there is a map that the visitor center will give you.

Forks is TINY - you don't need a tour guide. Don't spend money on a tour!!!! $200 - someone is a thief!
Save the $200 for a rental car, food and a place to stay if you want to stay in Forks overnight.
I have a map under all my paperwork. I will try and scan it in and put a link on this page.
=] I looked on the mapquest map of Forks and it is tiny!
The $200 tour is a special twilight thing I think, there's activites,
and it goes on for a few days, they also put on the prom!

PS. If you end up finding the map and scanning it, thank you so much!

I read your message after I posted this, thanks for the info in there too!
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

digging for the map now. Really I personally think $200 for a tour is crazy! In fact it's a rip off and an abuse of Twilight fan's love of the book.

edit: it is giving me a great excuse to clean my desk, which shameful piles of papers, bills, reciepts, cd's, calendars, phone books, gift cards.... you get tthe idea.

I hope it is here or I will have to check my Twilight pile... I briefly looked but I didn't see it :)
PM me if it is still to tiny. i couldn't add the IMG which was the clearest. Double click on the map. It makes it bigger.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b302/ ... rksMap.jpg

Good Luck!
I_love_Bloodsuckers
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by I_love_Bloodsuckers »

jenni_elyse wrote:I was in Forks too! I think I might have seen Dano there, but I can't remember for sure because as she said, "What happens in Forks, stays in Forks!"

I so didn't want to come home from my trip. Not only because I was in Forks, but because I was there with most of my best Twilight buds! It was so much fun! It would've been heaven if that trip could've lasted forever. On the day we left, I told my hubby that I wanted him and the cats to come up to Forks rather than me come home. ;)

It is beautiful in the Olympic Peninsula! Here are some pictures:
The Meadow in the Hoh Rain Forest
First Beach
Forks High School
Carlisle's Parking Spot at the Hospital
I Found Edward's Car (too bad he wasn't inside it)
lol @ the dr.cullen parking space....xD I can't believe they have that! Hmmmm Forks high schoolers must feel special!
-Jen.n
Edward prefers BRUNETTES *Tee-hee*
"How the hell did Mike Newton end up in this conversation?" xP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwvHTfza ... re=related