How Has Stephenie Meyer inspired you?

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
twimania
Settled in Forks

Re: How Has Stephenie Meyer inspired you?

Post by twimania »

She's inspired me to be more conscious about myself and my writing style, as well as open my mind to different ideas. Her ability to write characters that connect with me on a emotional level has made me feel more connected. With her inspiration I've been able to accomplish things in my daily life with more fervor enthusiasm, So yeah, I think she's had a great inspiration on me. : )
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

i think someone mentioned about not lowering their standards with guys, alright we won't find someone as awesome as Edward but we can try ha ha. but in all seriousness ive always known that i want a career to do with music, and my obsession with the saga through stephenies playlists and the soundtracks for the films and just how much stephenie is influenced by music has totally made me realize that i want to do music supervision ( choosing music for film and t.v basically) so yeah im looking in2 it now trying to get some kind of work experience if nothing else, thankyou stephenie :D
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
LadyParasyte
Settled in Forks

Post by LadyParasyte »

To get crackin on the book I always say I'm going to start writing but never do for various flimsy reasons. It may turn out awful but I'll never really know if I don't try will I?

Also in an odd way to not worry about being "too cool for the room". What I mean by that is that as we know there are people who enjoy mocking Twilight and it's fans. This is something that should not bother any of us. If something makes you happy and brings you joy,entertainment and a relief of everyday stress than it's silly to be embarrassed.

I front a band and I'm sure that some fans would be dissapointed to know how hardcore I am into the series but this is me. This is part of who I am. I am not going to pretend to be someone else for the sake of a public image.
"If you're going to be obscure the least you could do is be clear about it".
This is my band: http://www.ladyparasyte.com
Support us on facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/LadyParasyte/6837597221
Thanks! :)
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

LadyParasyte wrote:Also in an odd way to not worry about being "too cool for the room". What I mean by that is that as we know there are people who enjoy mocking Twilight and it's fans. This is something that should not bother any of us. If something makes you happy and brings you joy,entertainment and a relief of everyday stress than it's silly to be embarrassed.
I front a band and I'm sure that some fans would be dissapointed to know how hardcore I am into the series but this is me. This is part of who I am. I am not going to pretend to be someone else for the sake of a public image.
Had not thought of that but thats sooo true!!!
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
AleaHale
Settled in Forks

Post by AleaHale »

Stephanie has inspired me so much, I didn't write fan fiction as much as I do now. But so many ideas for twilight ff and other ff come to me so easily now. She gave me enough inspiration to bring out my true creativity in writing. :mrgreen:
misspikaboo
Learning to Love Green

Post by misspikaboo »

Steph's books had a big hand in my major - Creative Writing. I love how she has been able to create this amazing universe that has captivated such a wide audience. I love writing, but more than that, I want my writing to effect others. What Steph has done is nothing short of extraordinary, and she has become an icon the world over. Everything she has accomplished has really inspired me to work hard on my dream. :)
Uushia
Settled in Forks

Post by Uushia »

SM has got me back into writing several times. I have my own little thing that I work on. I write more for me than publication. It would be nice but I if I put too much pressure it will implode. When the project gets a mental block I start writing fanfiction and the muse quickly returns to my own work. SO! SM helps in two ways, from how Twilight came about, I remember the story is for my enjoyment first and also her series gives me an outlet that is easy to dive into.
Team Aro ---Team Volturi
Bubblegum
Settled in Forks

Post by Bubblegum »

I've always been huge into reading and writing. I worked on a lot of stories, but I always kind of had the same recurring themes and characters. I struggled on writing romance--I've never been in love, and I was lost as how to write it. I worked so hard and it sounded so fake, and for a while I quit writing altogether.

Shortly thereafter, I began reading the Twilight saga. Edward and Bella's romance was way over the top, but somehow it made it more of a page-turner. So, after completing the books, I flicked on my computer and pulled up some of my old romances. I was inspired to try again; my stories turned out much better, in my opinion.

On a more personal level, though, it shows girls what really is out there. There are boys who will treat you like you're a princess. You don't have to settle for someone who doesn't really care about you. There is a boy out there who will love you for you. Don't start dating someone because you feel like you have to, or to seem cool. Do it because you love them, and you know they'll treat you the way you deserve to be treated.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
[look at] m e
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Stephenie Meyer inspired me to try writing novels again.

I wrote three manuscript back in the nineties. Two are of stories that may have a bit of promise. However, I abandoned them when I became a professional journalist (with a small magazine) for seven years.

However, when I gave that up in 2005, I started to feel the writing itch again, but I couldn't think of a new idea. I wrote a screenplay instead (based on a true story), but no one was interested, so I gave that up too.

But then I read Twilight, and suddenly my imagination went berserk. I was going to write fan fiction first, but then I started thinking about my own time in high school, and I used it as the basis for my own original novel, which I am currently trying to have published! I must confess I'm not having much luck with it, although I have just started working for a small publisher who does do some YA fiction, and she's going to get one of her people to look at it, so you never know, maybe I will actually have a book published in a few years! That in itself would be an achievement, and I probably wouldn't have bothered if Twilight hadn't woken me up.
abbyweyr
Settled in Forks

Post by abbyweyr »

She may not have inteded any deep thinking to come from reading the stories, but some of the situations and the character's actions/reactions have given me pause to think about my own situation, insightful ideas to look at things in a different way. More recently, I've been writing poems around Twilight Saga events, fan fiction stories. It is a very different creative outlet for me. Something I never thought I would do.