How Has Stephenie Meyer inspired you?

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Caitygirl1
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: How Has Stephenie Meyer inspired you?

Post by Caitygirl1 »

I've always been the girl who reads as much as she can, every spare second of the day. I'm the one during homeroom sitting quietly with my nose stuck in the next good book I pick up rather than force conversation with people I'm not close with. these books have always been the more modern books.. Harry Potter, Twilight, Flowers in the Attic.. etc, etc. Reading twilight and having the constant reference to the classics made me go out and buy as many as I could find. I'm starting with Wuthering Heights (as i'm sure you all know why) and from there I'm going to make my way down my veryyyyyyy long list before i'm shipped off to college in the fall.

Also, Stephanie Meyer made the things that made people "uncool" -for a lack of a better word, seem more natural. being as pale as any human (although I'm convinced I'm a vampire) can get, I tend to stand out from the unnaturally orange faces around me. I'm constantly telling my friends that I'm pale because I am a vampire. She's given me a reason to joke about rather than just feel awkward.

Lastly, I've never been more determined to be who I am. Clearly, everyone has flaws but reading these books made me realize that these flaws that we all have is what really sets us apart. I am gracefully, unobservant making me clumsy at times. I tend to fall into the background during groups but when I have something to say people listen because usually it's important and insightful. I can recognize my flaws such as shyness or clumsiness and know that by embracing these and spinning them to be a step up from everyone else makes me a happier person. I'm much more comfortable being who i am due to this spectacular series.
A simpler place,
where love was defined in simpler ways.
One plue one equals two.."

Team Edward -- Dazzling since 1918
JenTheWriter
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by JenTheWriter »

I was actually reinspired to pick up a pen and write. Well, in this case a keyboard. It's very ... it means a lot when to me that I was inspired to write, because my muse took a hike on me right around the time my cousin was killed a few years ago. I sat down for four hours and just poured over this chapter of a book. I'm not even sure if it's any good, but the fact is I wrote and I'm proud that I did.

I don't know if it's inspiration, but she's raised the bar on what I should expect from a man. Not that I didn't have self-worth before and know what I deserved from a man, but my ideal of a man has changed. I'm still hopeless when it comes to the Mr. Right in my life, but I guess while I wait to see what happens with him I can be happy with envisioning what my life would be like if I had an Edward to come along and sweep me off of my feet.
"And if you ever kiss her again, I will break your jaw for her," he promised.
Team Edward, Alice and Cullen! Swoonist. Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3's brain twin!
Lady Noliana
Settled in Forks

Post by Lady Noliana »

Stephenie Meyer is an incredible writer. When I finished Twilight for the first time, I was truly blown away. Few books I'd read prior to that had impacted me so much; Twilight had seized my emotions from the beginning. I remember feeling disappointed when I turned to the back of the book and learned that Twilight was her first and only book! (This was just when the book had first come out.) I wanted to read everything the woman had written. There are so many things I try to incorporate in my own writing that I think Stephenie is brilliant at: character-driven plot, gorgeous settings, tiny details that keep everything grounded, the emotions that are so achingly honest... Whenever I write, I always end up comparing it to Stephenie's work. Not only is she a fantastic writer, she's also one of the nicest people I know! What a sweetheart! She's incredible, and I look forward to meeting her one day and telling her how much all her work means to me.
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

^ ^ JEEZ.
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
Babygirl67

Post by Babygirl67 »

yes she has :)
Noxmas Frost
Settled in Forks

Post by Noxmas Frost »

Oh yes, she most certainly has. I've always been an avid reader, and had dabbled in writing, but now thanks to Meyer I'm almost consantly writing. One could say I'm rather vehement when it comes to the subject.
Sanity is for the weak
DunnerheartsTwilight
Being Tortured by Jane
Location: Postaholic. Vampirizing Sarah, Emo Tee-angers! DSCL 4 LIFE

Post by DunnerheartsTwilight »

steph has inspired me to write some of my own books... some twilight and some not
APPC~Party Manager.Leo~Volturi
Cosimo Tagliano~Jamie-Drake.On The List. Seth-Team Jake
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

She inspired me to write a sequel to Breakin Dawn. I'm still working on it. I started on August 12th.
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
Heart_in_Hand

Post by Heart_in_Hand »

sarah! wrote:She inspired me to write a sequel to Breakin Dawn. I'm still working on it. I started on August 12th.
Your signature is hypnotic... :shock:
"Don't be afraid. We belong together."

..."Forever."
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

Not only has she inspired me to continue writing but every since reading the first book, Twilight, I suddenly began seeing people in a different way. I would look at them for a while and most often they would feel uncomfortable and ask what I'm staring at but I really was just looking at them. Trying to "figure them out" just as Edward was with Bella.
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.