Fan Fic Recommendation Thread

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Yvaughn
Settled in Forks

Re: Fan Fic Recommendation Thread

Post by Yvaughn »

I'm not fluent in Fanfiction Speak, but I know enough to get by. I'm pretty sure OOC means that the characters behave Out of Character. OC means Original Character--a completely new, original character is introduced into the Twilight Verse, usually as a protagonist. AH means All-Human, meaning there aren't vampires in this version of the story, and AU means Alternate Universe -- most AH work is alternate universe, as are stories in which Bella's an orphan, or Emmett and Bella end up being the main couple, etc.

Some of us really just want Twilight-specific stories... like something that's an exact retelling of New Moon, and the only original parts would be Edward's pov and scenes he experiences that Bella didn't. Others really like pushing the envelope for "Twilight related." It's fascinating to see how some writers can keep the kernal of the characters (maybe their archetypes, or even their souls) while setting the whole thing during Prohibition or in a New York boarding school.

Oh--and to stay on topic, I'm recommending this as-yet unfinished piece of fanfic, "What Are You Doing the Rest of Your Life," by Kristen Elizabeth:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4717739/1/W ... Your_Lifer

It's mainly an Alice/Jasper story--no Bella, but only because it's in the 1950s; it's still true to the Twilight canon. It starts not long after they've moved in with the Cullens; while Alice is attending high school with the others and flourishing with having a family, Jasper's still not comfortable enough with his self-control to venture out among humans. In the meantime, Someone Bad has come to town to stalk them--but who?

The author does a great job of catching the 1950's feel; her world feels really true, and the Cullens are definitely IN character. Also, she ends each chapter with a link to a picture of something referenced in the story... Rosalie's roadster or the Cullens' house. Pretty cool.
"Maddest of all? To see life as it is, and not as it should be." (Man of La Mancha)
Just call me Bella
Wandering Through Town

Post by Just call me Bella »

^^^oh, good call. after reading a story last night that said it was OOC, i concluded it meant out of control. lol. thanks again, that's very helpful! Welcome to the boards! :)
Edward can bust my headboard, bite my pillows and bruise my body ANYDAY!
bella c'ella luna
Settled in Forks

Post by bella c'ella luna »

hey everybody!!

i read through this entire thread and i saw my story posted on here!! it made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside... and i think i have the links for some amazing stories to read tomorrow! you guys are my new best friends now. :D

for now, here is one of my recommendations (i'm sure i'll have a lot).

Small Town Wonders, by seamonkologist
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4666748/1/S ... wn_Wonders

Author's Summary:
Bella's life is missing something. After leaving home, spending time on the road and breaking down in the middle of nowhere, she ends up in a small town, stranded while waiting for her car to be fixed. Will she find what she's looking for? AH/Slightly OOC

it's a great read! she updates frequently, is very well-written, has some awesome lemons (side note - why exactly are they called lemons? anybody know?) - btw it's rated M. definitely worth a visit!

luna
luna<33

como è bella cè la luna brille è strette
strette como è tutta bella a passeggiare
sotto il cielo di roma
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

oh yes.. Lemons...

it means sex.

the more lemons... the more...

you get it.

and thanks Yvaughn - you actually informed me of a lot!
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
bella c'ella luna
Settled in Forks

Post by bella c'ella luna »

hi spooky!!!

i know lemons mean there's an awesome sex scene somewhere...but why lemons? is that a general fan fiction thing or is it unique to twilighters? and why lemons?? what about peaches or nectarines? :lol:

luna
luna<33

como è bella cè la luna brille è strette
strette como è tutta bella a passeggiare
sotto il cielo di roma
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

Hi Bella!

I have no idea. This is my first experience with fan fic. So I don't know if it is a general term or not.

I am glad someone posted your story :) It's a nice feeling hu! Reviews are so nice too. I had no idea.
Yvaughn
Settled in Forks

Post by Yvaughn »

Hi, Bella! Hi, Spooky!

You got me curious, so I went looking and found that the term "lemon" comes from a hentai (sexual) anime from the 80's called "Cream Lemon." Here's my source:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=lemon

As for other fanfic recommendations, here's a really fun one called "Six Interruptions," by Brynna, rated T (it doesn't go into enough detail to be M for mature). It tells how, over the years, each of the Cullen "kids" has come across Esme and Carlisle making out at least once. It's really sweet, and funny, and very much in character, but it's also deep... it gets you thinking about how these two twenty-somethings have taken on so much responsibility that it's easy for everyone to forget that they ARE just twenty-somethings... everyone but each other, that is. And it's complete!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4686034/1/Six_Interruptions

I also recommend anything Brynna writes about Jasper and Alice.

Vaughn
"Maddest of all? To see life as it is, and not as it should be." (Man of La Mancha)
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

Yvaughn thanks for looking that up. I love learning new things every day.

I'm off to check out the fanfic you recomended. I hope it is good :) A lot of fanfic is really boring to me. I can't even recomend the stuff I read because it is such trashy entertaining lemony guttery stuff. It's almost embarassing. No it is flat out embarassing. 'Nough said.

but really I am going to read http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4686034/1/Six_Interruptions and see if it is good. I always try and leave feedback if I like it. I don't feedback for people who's work I don't enjoy but I love leaving feedback because I know it makes these writes SO happy!
leahroselover
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by leahroselover »

I read this fic by Lunna-San today and it was really good. I love how she makes Nessie more human than vampire. I don't usual see people focus on her human side.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4612146/1/Nessies_Tale
Avi By Kaitlin @B&E.com
Sig by Electrimafried @ASN
Why Edward Hates Blonde's Pg-13 : A Dark/Romance/Comedy Fic
Yvaughn
Settled in Forks

Re: More on Only Human....

Post by Yvaughn »

Thank you, JustCallMeBella, for the link to Amethyst Jackson's "Only Human"

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4293411/1/Only_Human

I read the entire thing today, despite it being novel length. It's one of the best time-travel stories I've read, as well as a great Edward/Bella story. I love how the time-travel element allows the author to take what would be AU (the idea of Bella meeting Edward in 1918) and instead weave it into the Twilight mythos. Well, the pre Breaking Dawn Twilight mythos, since we now know their honeymoon went a little differently. (Better sex in Almost Human, though understandably).

It is soooo tempting to follow more links from this thread tonight, but I'd better give it a rest for another day :D