Fan Fic Recommendation Thread

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Re: Fan Fic Recommendation Thread

Post by Openhome »

I would like to recommend a site that we are trying to get up and running again. There are no AH stories on it, but we have some truly wonderful canon and AU stories. Most importantly they are all PG-13 or lower. It is an invitation only site, and we are working to expand it. It is called Twilight Fanfic and Fanart.

Also, if you go my banner, you can link to my ffn profile. My story and author favorites have some of the best and cleanest works out there.

Hope that helps!
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

I have a question: Does somebody know if there are fanfics that take place in the early 1900's? You know around the time Edward was born and turned?

The reason I'm asking this is that I had sort of a epiphany last night. As I was getting ready to take a shower, my mind started wondering and I had this amazing (or at least I think so) idea for a fanfic. The whole plot just formed in my head and it all "clicked". So I hurried out of the bathroom to get a pen and paper because I always forget great ideas, thinking I would write the basics down and get back to my shower. I did and figured I would take the pen and paper with me in case I thought of something else. Well to make a long story short, I spent three hours on the bathroom floor writing down the plot and some of the details before I had to tear myself away from the paper to finally take that shower. After that I spent the remaining hours of the night writing some more and almost couldn't get to sleep because I was so excited. It was kind of crazy!
The inspiration and ideas just kept pooring out of my mind. This is all really rare for me, I barely have any fantasy of my own and never come up with my own stories. Well, anway, it was an amazing, unbelievable and incredible experience which I never had before. I've also never writen before, but I feel so strongly about this story that I really want to write it down. And it takes place before Edward is turned so I was wondering if there are fanfics about that to get some more inspiration/feel for the era and to make sure I wouldn't be writing something that already exists.

So if anybody could help me I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

The only one I can think of is Only Human, in which Bella travels back in time after making a wish and meets Edward pre-vampire and they fall in love.
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

Thanks, Amanda Beth. I've actually looked at that one just now (read some of the chapters, skimmed through others). It's very good.
I don't think I could write anything nearly as good as that or any other of the fanfics I've read so far. But I sure am going to try. I feel very determined about it, like I have to write it down. Kind of strange actually, I have no idea were it is coming from. But I guess I might as well go along for the ride and see where it takes me ;) I might just write it for myself, I might post it someday to see what people think of it. I don't know. Have any of you ever felt like that about a story?
Any other recommendations for 1900's fanfic?

Edit: So after I did a little research, apearantly there are 311 stories on fanfiction.net alone! Guess I'm not that origional :lol:
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

I found this one on FF.net an hour ago and LAUGHED my butt off:

Attention Wal-Mart Shoppers

Edward has decided Bella needs protection. What kind of protection? The kind you can buy at Walmart. In the pharmacy.
Twilight - Rated: M - English - Humor - Chapters: 5 - Words: 6,287 - Reviews: 1620 - Updated: 1-29-07 - Published: 1-24-07 - Complete

This CRACKED me up! All I can say is if you want a good laugh, READ THIS!!!
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
abbyweyr
Settled in Forks

Post by abbyweyr »

One of my favorites is Siren Blood by MidnightWalking. It is AU with Edward and Bella meeting in 1957. The teenage slang and behaviour are footnoted for those too young to know them personally. There are a couple of different mysteries on going in the story. The vampires are a little different, though the Cullen characters are very similar. Bella's parents are different and other characters populate the story. The link to the story at Twilight FanFiction and Fan Art is: http://www.ramblingsandthoughts.com/twi ... hp?sid=167
There are some others stories by same author. She is also on ff.net
I can also recommend Openhome's stories. I am abbyweyr on the TFF&FA site as well, you can look at my other favorites. Attention WalMart Shoppers is very funny.
abbyweyr
Settled in Forks

Post by abbyweyr »

Suzan wrote:I have a question: Does somebody know if there are fanfics that take place in the early 1900's? You know around the time Edward was born and turned?

So if anybody could help me I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
Twilight Fan Fiction & Fan Art has some stories about Edward and Esme's turning. There are three recent ones on Esme: Stained Glass Soul and Behind Stained Glass and No Longer Alone. The Edward stories I don't remember names of right off. You could search the pre-Twilight stories with Edward as a character. There is one about Victoria's change, Ashes I think is the title, starts off 1700's ? - don't remember what exactly the story has in it around the early 1900's. Also Openhome's Singularity starts off early 1900's. That's all I can come up with this late at night. Hope that helps.
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

abbyweyr Thanks for the recommendations! I'll definitely check those out.

Just read Attention WalMart Shoppers and it's great! :lol:
StellaBlueBella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by StellaBlueBella »

SwanCullen wrote:I found this one on FF.net an hour ago and LAUGHED my butt off:

Attention Wal-Mart Shoppers

This CRACKED me up! All I can say is if you want a good laugh, READ THIS!!!
OMG I laughed so much while reading this that my husband just came in here and asked me what was so funny! :rotfl:

Thanks for the rec.

• To comprehend a nectar Requires sorest need.
jaimetristan
Learning to Love Green

Post by jaimetristan »

HEY everyone! my computer has been downfor quite a bit, but i was wondering if someone could send me the link for the lat couple chapters of "the university of edward mason" i cant find it anymore :cry: if its even available anymore
thanks!!
Jaime..