Beta Readers

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

Beta Readers

Post by Pel »

Request one or advertise your services here.
nirtia
Settled in Forks

Re: Beta Readers

Post by nirtia »

I'd love to be a beta for anyone interested in it. I LOVE FANFIC and am getting back into the swing of things since I am sooooo bursting with inspiration right now LOL
Iris Messenger
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Iris Messenger »

i'd be open to beta-ing.

you can see my beta profile here: http://www.fanfiction.net/beta/1534934/Iris_Messenger
http://portabellaswan.wordpress.com/ <--- fanfiction/twilight blog
http://twilightirc.wordpress.com/ <--- twilight chat
click on banner for graphics gallery

banner and avatar made by me: i take requests
BlueOrchid
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by BlueOrchid »

EDIT:
Name: Emma
Beta Experience: sadly, minimal
Strengths: vocabulary, sentence structure
Weaknesses: spelling
What ratings will you do?: all
What couples will you do? (canon, un-canon): all
What Fandoms will you do?: Twilight
Will you do crossovers?: depends, I would have to be familiar with both material
Availability: I am available 3-4 chapters a week
Do you write? (link to own fics): yes on a million monkeys typing : http://www.1000000monkeys.com/user.html?monkey=680

PM me if you are interested!

Thanks,
BlueOrchid
Last edited by BlueOrchid on Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dragon-girl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dragon-girl »

O.K guys, here's the format we used for beta's to offer their services on the old forum. If you want to beta for someone, fill in the answers in your post.

Name:
Beta Experience:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
What ratings will you do?:
What couples will you do? (canon, un-canon):
What Fandoms will you do?:
Will you do crossovers?:
Availability:
Do you write? (link to own fics):
CéliAmbre
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by CéliAmbre »

Okay, here's the one I posted on the olds forums recently:

Name: Céli
Beta Experience: Nothing official. Beta reading school stuff, and actually I love finding mistakes in books that recently came out, I've found many. I used to write a lot, not anymore though, but I'm very understanding.
Strengths: Vocabulary, at least my class says so (I guess because I can talk mother tongue french, which has many latin words), Grammar and Spelling (because I am German, and German has so much hard, latin-related Grammar), checking if it makes sense in the rules of the Twilight books (gosh, did I phrase that correctly? Well, Stephenie's Q&A, the werewolves and vampires and how they work, Bella's past, etc. is what I mean)
I love long stuff, long sentences and paragraphs etc.
Weaknesses: I'm no mother tongue english-speaker. That's part of it, but what I mostly mean is that sometimes I don't understand stuff that is typical american, i.e. jokes, bands, TV series and movies, foods, base-ball and other sports, history, shops, clothes, celebrities, sarcasm, slang and this kind of stuff.) (But hey, see the other side: I know travelling and the world well, politics, Europe, international stuff, I'm very open-minded about everything, i.e. sense of humour, sexuality, new things...)
Also, I'm not very ponctual and don't often have a lot of time, sorry.
And sometimes I'm not easy-going enough, I am too strict on mistakes and have troubles finding the sense in stuff.
What ratings will you do?: Anything
What couples will you do? (canon, un-canon, het, slash): Anything
What Fandoms will you do?: Not many, unfortunetly. Harry Potter, Twilight Series, The Host, some other stuff. Just ask me.
Will you do crossovers?: I would, yes, if you want me to
Availability: Always, because I often miss out on some sleep to work anyway, but of course I like to have a lot of time. I'm often on the net though, so you usually don't have to wait. PM me and I'll give you my e-mail address.
kelrose
Settled in Forks

Post by kelrose »

Name: Kelrose
Beta Experience: None, yet. I am currently editing my friend's novel, chapter by chapter. She hopes to get it published, so it is serious writing. While my Beta experince is somewhat lacking, I have plenty of experince in reading fanfiction. :)
Strengths: I know all the books better than I know history. Sad, but very true. I've read Twilight, New Moon and Eclipse at least 10 times each, and know most of the bonus fact Stephenie has added. I'm constantly mentally correcting fanfiction while reading, because little facts will be off.
Weaknesses: I only will do the Twilight Saga fanfictions that stay true to the novel. Meaning, no humans that shouldn't be. Sorry.
What ratings will you do?: Anything under Mature.
What couples will you do? (canon, un-canon): I prefer canon, but anything works.
What Fandoms will you do?: Twilight
Will you do crossovers?: Probably not.
Availability: I'm very available. Feel free to just try me out, I won't mind if you have multipule betas. I can easily correct, make suggustions, and fix grammar issues.
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

Wow that's weird, I JUST literally, JUST made an account for Beta readers.

here's my link
http://www.fanfiction.net/~darkrider1029
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
mandycullen
Settled in Forks

Post by mandycullen »

Name: Amanda/Mandy
Beta Experience: Lacking, but I've been editing my friend's stuff recently
Strengths: spelling, punctuation
Weakness: Sentence structure
What ratings with you do?: Any
What couples will you do?: Any
What fandoms will you do: Harry Potter, Twilight, Host, Blood and Chocolate, Vampire Kisses, Vampire Diaries, Secret Circle, Vampire Academy
Will you do crossovers?: Yes
Availability: As many as you want to send me. Just PM me and I'll send my e-mail address to you
Do you write?: Yes, but I don't have any up online yet.
MoonlitRose
Wandering Through Town

Post by MoonlitRose »

Name: Brittany
Beta Experience: Minimal; I beta-read my own things as well.
Strengths: Sentence structure, grammar, spelling, plot
Weaknesses: Characterization
What ratings will you do?: All
What couples will you do? (canon, un-canon): All, except for malexmale, femalexfemale, incest
What Fandoms will you do?: Twilight, of course!
Will you do crossovers?: Yes, I will.
Availability: Any time you need me.
Do you write? (link to own fics): Yes, I do, actually! I do not have anything posted, as I am inconsistent with writing each chapter and getting them out the time I say I will. So I'm in the process of writing my Seth fanfic. When I have his finished and posted, I'll edit and let you know!