Beta Readers

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Re: Beta Readers

Post by ringswraith »

Name: David
Beta Experience: None, but I've always offered to proofread anything.
Strengths: I was editor-in-chief for my high school paper, which left me with somewhat of a grammar nazi streak. I enjoy writing and I'm detail-oriented.
Weaknesses: I can be too much of a grammar nazi. :) However, if something is unclear to me, I always make it a point to ask what the writer is trying to convey.
What ratings will you do?: Any.
What couples will you do? (canon, un-canon): Any, especially if they're believable.
What Fandoms will you do?: In addition to Twilight? I'm familiar with Buffy and Angel. You can always ask me- I read and watch a lot. :)
Will you do crossovers?: Depends. Crossovers for me are always tricky, because you're playing by more than one universe's rules. I'll take a look. If it's not believable, I'll tell you so.
Availability: Most anytime.
Do you write? (link to own fics): Yes, I do, actually. My banner below links to my fanfics. I have two at the moment- one mine, one co-written with a good friend here at the Lex- and I am in the process of writing another of my own.
elizabella
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: In our cottage, discussing the latest fashion trends with Alice.

Post by elizabella »

Name: Rachel
Beta Experience: None but I was a good proof reader throughout school and always checked brother's homework
Strengths: English major, good speller, good at grammar, fairly quick reader, love editing on computers
Weaknesses: Don't use semi-colons enough, in fact rarely
What ratings will you do?: Any but I'm not too good with too much sex or gore.
What couples will you do? (canon, un-canon): Um not sure what this question is but I prefer traditional man/woman couples but woman/werewolf/vampire is fine too ;)
What Fandoms will you do?: Twilight, Harry Potter, Jane Austen (is that a valid answer?)
Will you do crossovers?: Maybe
Availability: I work during the day but stay up late
Do you write? (link to own fics): Used to

Alice's Party Planning Committe: (*bag carrier*)
Team Alice- Because sometimes it is better to be small.
Snowstone
Learning to Love Green

Post by Snowstone »

Looking for a Beta reader/Editor for my original fic "Keys of Mystery", to improve grammar, vocabulary and possibly spelling. (English is not my first language).
I'm in the process of re-writing the chapters I already have online, since at the moment I don't have a lot of time, updates will be a bit slow.

"Keys of Mystery"
My Twitter
Check my little stories and photos, and give me some feedback
My FictionPress Profile
My Deviantart Profile
elizabella
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: In our cottage, discussing the latest fashion trends with Alice.

Post by elizabella »

Hi Snowstone, what's it about? I might be interested.

Alice's Party Planning Committe: (*bag carrier*)
Team Alice- Because sometimes it is better to be small.
Snowstone
Learning to Love Green

Post by Snowstone »

elizabella wrote:Hi Snowstone, what's it about? I might be interested.
It's about a 18-20 year old boy/man who finds out all the creatures he believed to be part of films and imagination are real. He discovers he is not simply human but half human/half demon, not one, not the other, not both and all at the some time (confusing I know I'm still developing that idea). He teams up with some friends, some he knew other he makes along the way and ends up in a kind of cold war between Angels, Demons and Humans. Prophecies, books with all the knowledge off the universe watches that turn into armours and some creepy children.

I hope you find it interesting. Also just finish re-writing the second chapter. :D
My Twitter
Check my little stories and photos, and give me some feedback
My FictionPress Profile
My Deviantart Profile
sunnyshine
Settled in Forks

Post by sunnyshine »

Name: Sarah

Beta Experience: I used to beta quite a bit back in the day when Dawsons' Creek was popular :lol: so yeah..it's been a while

Strengths: Communication for one. I'll talk about your story with you till I'm blue in the face if that's what ya need. I don't like betas who arent easy to talk to. They're there to help you. I love changing sentences to sound better. Fluff up a sentence. I also won't sugar coat things just so you'll want me to beta your stuff. I'd want someone to tell me if my story sucked, so I'll do the same. In the nicest way possible :)

Weaknesses: I'm not the best with spelling.

What ratings will you do?: Any

What couples will you do? (canon, un-canon): Pretty much any

What Fandoms will you do?: Possibly any. Just ask me

Will you do crossovers?: Maybe, if it's good

Availability: I"m online all day long

Do you write? (link to own fics): I do http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5165636/1/3_am And I'm in the middle of a longer story but it's kicking my backside so...

[email protected] - I check this one most often
jazzlover
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by jazzlover »

I'm in the very early stages of writing a Twilight AH fic. Bella and Edward are shy college seniors looking to be more outgoing and perhaps find love along the way. If there is anyone interested/available to beta it just PM ma please. Thanks.
"The wasting of finite resources is everyone's business."
best_beating_heart
Frozen in Time

Post by best_beating_heart »

Name: Lourdes
Beta Experience: minimal
Strengths: spelling, sentence structure, quick but thorough reader
Weaknesses: grammar :(
What ratings will you do?: Any
What couples will you do? (canon, un-canon): Any kind is fine
What Fandoms will you do?: Any kind ha
Will you do crossovers?: Sureee
Availability: I'm on almost every dayy
Do you write? (link to own fics): I write, but not fanfics. I suck at those :/

TM~Maria Dina Corozzo
Teams:Alice, Emmett, Esme, Renesmee, Volturi~Athenodora, JCA~Aubrey Santi~SC
Essay33
Wandering Through Town

Post by Essay33 »

If you're looking for a beta, perhaps I would be able to help you.

Name: Ann

Beta Experience: I am an English teacher, so you're in reasonably good hands with me. For several years prior to this, I was a staff writer for an international non-profit organization; I've a great deal of experience in proof reading and editing, though not specific to fanfiction.

Strengths: Grammar, punctuation (I'm an apostrophe fiend), word choice, spelling, sentence and paragraph structure.

Weaknesses: I tend to be quite cranky before my morning coffee. Oh, wait, you mean BETA related? While I'm extremely well read, I don't watch much TV at all. Hardly any, really, so I may not have the familiarity one would expect with characters and settings in fanfiction--I wouldn't be likely to catch mistakes in those areas.

What ratings will you do?: I would prefer not to do NC-17. Anything below that, I'm fine with.

What couples will you do? (canon, un-canon): Canon only. I can't suspend my disbelief enough to read non-canon pairings.

What Fandoms will you do?: Twilight, and possibly others though you'd have to ask me to determine if I'm familiar enough with a particular fandom to tackle it.

Will you do crossovers?: It depends, again upon whether I'm familiar enough with both to do the work justice.

Availability: Varies, depending upon how many papers I have to grade at any given time.

Do you write? (link to own fics): Yes, though up until very recently it's all been non-fiction (at least that's what I've been paid to write). I've only just begun to dabble in fanfiction. You can read my writing and my bio here.
"Where I am not understood, it shall be concluded that something very useful and profound is couched underneath." --Jonathan Swift, A Tale of a Tub
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

Hi. I am looking for someone. I have a few story ideas and have one little piece posted on my fanfic profile.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~virginiamay

Thank you for looking.