Beta Readers

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
dragon-girl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Beta Readers

Post by dragon-girl »

Wingtear wrote: Oh, I always do that. But English isn't my first language so I do miss stuff. Is there any online grammar check to down load? or did you just mean the ordinary manual one ;)
Most computers these days will have a grammar check option in their writing program somewhere. (Microsoft Word being the most obvious one.)

I expect there will be ones you can download somewhere on the internet, but I wouldn't know where to start looking.
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

dragon-girl wrote:Most computers these days will have a grammar check option in their writing program somewhere. (Microsoft Word being the most obvious one.)
I expect there will be ones you can download somewhere on the internet, but I wouldn't know where to start looking.
OK, thanks. To bad I don't have word then :x Well, I'll just have to do it the old fashioned way ;)
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
JasperRocks3000
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by JasperRocks3000 »

Name: JasperRocks3000
Beta Experience: I usually just read my friends stuff
Strengths: I'm a Fast a Reader
Weaknesses:
What ratings will you do?: G,PG,PG13
Preferences : My preferences would be stories in the book from a different point of view
Will you do crossovers?: it Depends
Availability: I could probably do some reading on the afternoons And weekends
Do you write? (link to own fics):Im working on MY fanfic A Forgooten Valentine's
Last edited by JasperRocks3000 on Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by xXBeSafeXx »

Name: Michelle
Beta Experience: None, online. But I do help friends/relatives at school and such.
Strengths: Spelling, grammer, clarifying phrases.
Weaknesses: Character development.
What ratings will you do?: All.
What couples will you do? (canon, un-canon): All.
What Fandoms will you do?: Twilight is the series I know most about, but I'm willing to read/research other books if you tell me in advance. I'm also willing to beta original stories.
Will you do crossovers?: I prefer not to.
Availability: I'm online almost every day.
Do you write? (link to own fics): I write some, but not online. I'm not very good at coming up with original fanfics, so I usually write original stories that I keep to myself.
ImageImageImage
Twin--Narnia|Mafia Name--Motor Mouth Alice|EDC, Inc--Bulldozer Trainee
alittleferocious
Settled in Forks

Post by alittleferocious »

Hey y'all!

I'm looking for a beta reader for an AU story. I'd prefer someone who is over 18 and willing to edit for a story rated M. That does not mean my story will be rated M, but I need to know that if it goes that route I won't have to worry about finding a new reader.

If you think you might be interested, please PM me and I'll tell you more about the story.

I hope to hear from some folks soon!

-Miss Manda
JasperRocks3000

Post by JasperRocks3000 »

I need someone to Beta My current Fanfic . A Forgotten Valentines It's about a chaotic valentines . sorry i'm bad at sumarizing . The first chapter is done It's Rated T just in case But the first chapter is K+
dragon-girl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dragon-girl »

JasperRocks3000 wrote:I need someone to Beta My current Fanfic . A Forgotten Valentines It's about a chaotic valentines . sorry i'm bad at sumarizing . The first chapter is done It's Rated T just in case But the first chapter is K+
Which character(s) is it about? Is it a Twilight fic? (Those are both good things to start with in future summaries if you're stuck, btw ;) )
leahroselover

Post by leahroselover »

I have been working on a Twilight fic and even though I plan on it have darker elements of some characters, I would like to make sure they still seem in character. I am already a couple of chapters in. But its never too late right.

The story is in my signature. :D
Avi By Kaitlin @B&E.com
Sig by Electrimafried @ASN
Why Edward Hates Blonde's Pg-13 : A Dark/Romance/Comedy Fic
leahroselover

Post by leahroselover »

I wrote a very long one-shot 10,000 words and I really, really need a beta reader to help me with this. So if anyone has the time. Please let me know
Avi By Kaitlin @B&E.com
Sig by Electrimafried @ASN
Why Edward Hates Blonde's Pg-13 : A Dark/Romance/Comedy Fic
FREAKMACHiNE
Settled in Forks

Post by FREAKMACHiNE »

I'd love to bèta-read for someone :).
Here's my profile: http://www.fanfiction.net/beta/1068422/McAlice92
"It's no wonder you eclipse me."