Team Leah "insert witty quote here"

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
JazpersGrl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Team Leah "insert witty quote here"

Post by JazpersGrl »

Hello, Team Leah!

I come to mention the "dish it all" New Moon party on the Team Alice thread!

Here's the invite

It's a Movie premiere themed party. So dress to impress! Remember to bring a link with a picture of your clothes!

Hope to see you there!

Ali :D
FanFiction.Net Account
Alice's Party Planning Committee: Ultimate Bouncer
Jasper's Army: Ruby Slaughter
LNL Dogpound Cullenist
Renesmee_Bella
Red-Eyed Vampire
Location: In Ohio, waiting for Edward to come through the window.....

Post by Renesmee_Bella »

Aww, this place is kinda dead. There's been no posts for like 2 weeks!

Well, since we're apparently still on the whole actor discussion....

Kristen really looked the part but she made Bella seem awkward and kinda weird. Bella in the books is shy and unsure and a little childish but she's always coherent and articulate. Kristen just didn't capture Bella's essence. I hope Julia can capture Leah's. Leah may be scorned in the pack for being mean, but come on, she got her love taken away, of course she's going to be a little bitter..erm...a lotta bitter. :D

♥~*Proud Member/Founder of The Mookie Adams Family*~♥
copper curls
Welcoming Newbies with Cheers and Emmett-hugs

Post by copper curls »

hey hey hey, Nessie!

so thrilled you're back, hon! :D
and so glad you posted - like you said, the thread's been really dead.
Renesmee_Bella wrote: I hope Julia can capture Leah's [essence].
^ this is my Biggest Fear. :shock: that because Leah will be considered a minor character, they won't expend any time or effort on developing the character. no one will really care.

well.

we care. but not the summit types - they will just give her bit parts and small scene, is what I'm worried about.

anyways, this brings me to my question:

what is the one line or scene with Leah that you really really really want to be included in Eclipse?
you can also say why, like if it's a really funny or witty line, or if it's a pivotal scene, or even if it's just something important to you.

lemme know, and I'll check back in later with my answer...
if the thread can be revived, that is.

help me bring the thread back to life!

~ Kat
xoxo
PM me for this stamp! | Cam is my TwiTwin | EDC/CS & OC | Mafia Mentors | Asst. Manager CCB&B | Team Leah | APPC Platinum Member | Welcome Wagon | MSV
Renesmee_Bella
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Renesmee_Bella »

Hey Kat! Good to be back! :D

And ay ay Captain, I'm on it!

Yes! That's exactly what I was dreading. Because Leah is definitely not a minor character. She's the reason that Jacob learns to cope with his pain, and learns to be a stronger person. She's very important to the entire plot. And she's like Jake's female version, her pain is almost identical to his. And just her in general. Because Leah's awesome! *deep breathes*

O0oh, question time. :D

What is the one line, or scene with Leah that you really really really want to be included in Eclipse?

Well I really want the epilogue to be included in the movie. When Jacob is "on the edge of earth and sky" or something like that, and Leah's being her usual crabby self, talking about how Bella's marrying Edward and stuff. I thought that was a really good scene.

Most of the scenes and lines of Leah's that I love are in BD. I mean, I don't think Leah says much in Eclipse...correct me if I'm wrong? I haven't read Eclipse in a while. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Speaking of which, I think Thanksgiving break is perfect for re-reading the series! :D

Okie dokes, Tchao!

copper curls

Post by copper curls »

hey hey hey! :D 8-)

very true, your point:
Renesmee_Bella wrote:Most of the scenes and lines of Leah's that I love are in BD. I mean, I don't think Leah says much in Eclipse...correct me if I'm wrong? I haven't read Eclipse in a while. :shock: :shock: :shock:
she doesn't make that many appearances in Eclipse... but that is why I think it's so important for her parts to be included, so that they build on it in BD.

so true, by the way. Leah is NOT minor, and you worded it perfectly!
Her pain mirrors Jacob's in so many ways, and on so many levels. I think she really does help him to cope with things, and to reach a certain understanding about himself and his life. I think Leah is instrumental to Jacob's development as a person / character.

see ya later, renegades!

~ Kat
xoxo
PM me for this stamp! | Cam is my TwiTwin | EDC/CS & OC | Mafia Mentors | Asst. Manager CCB&B | Team Leah | APPC Platinum Member | Welcome Wagon | MSV
Renesmee_Bella
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Renesmee_Bella »

Aww, thanks! I thought I was babbling for a second.

I just feel that Leah IS a mirror for him. I think he sees himself and his pain in a new light when he's around her. She forces him to see all of it, forces him to WANT to get better. :D

Bye Kat!

Bye everyone else! :D

copper curls

Post by copper curls »

Renesmee_Bella wrote:[Leah] forces [Jacob] to see all of [his pain], forces him to WANT to get better.
^ OhMyCarlisle! so true!

Leah really does affect Jacob in a positive way (in the long run), despite her apparently negative attitude around the other Quiluetes / original wolf pack members.

and I was so glad when Jake was talking about Leah being "in a healthy place," or words like that... anyways, I was just really glad to know that she was, well, healing, in a way. (if that makes any sense!)

anyways, I know I said I'd post back with my favorite Leah moment in Eclipse, but now that I'm thinking about it, I'll hafta check whether it's in Eclipse or BD... promise, I'll post it tomorrow!

love you all! mwah!

~ Kat
xoxo
Renesmee_Bella
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Renesmee_Bella »

Oh my gosh Kat! The both of us, we think so alike!

I loved that part too, it made me feel better because she was better!

:D :D :D

Tchao dahling! :D

copper curls

Post by copper curls »

Renesmee_Bella wrote:I loved that part too, it made me feel better because she was better!D
gah! Nessie, you're right, we think so many similar things!

I think that Leah's emotions were always very powerfully felt... maybe that's just me, because I loved leah from the start, but I think that it was a very compassionate kind of feeling for all readers when it was shown to us that Leah was doing okay, moving on, and all that.

like I said, Leah has very volatile but very real and powerful emotions... I really connect with her, and I pray to the powers that be that THEY DON'T SCREW IT UP IN THE MOVIE!

with that cheery thought,

s'laters,

~ Kat
xoxo
willowtree
Eating Spaghetti with Billy
Location: Kicking butt with her awesome Ninjasissyvildypuceowner!

Post by willowtree »

woah, you two talk a lot. :shock:

Anyways, Hey Kat! *waves* and Hey Fat! *waves* (wow, that rhymed!)

Well, I agree on pretty much everything that has been said. So, there's not much else to say. I will be back, complete with my wonderful Easter present copy of Eclipse and my favourite moment. See yous!

~h. f. e. l.

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)