Edward Cullen bringing sexy back since 1901 -- Team Edward#3

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Edward Cullen bringing sexy back since 1901 -- Team Edwa

Post by VirginiaMay »

The Real Bella Swan Cullen wrote:ALICE! I can't believe you would share that! Some things are better left private.

And ladies, some may call me spoiled because Edward cherishes me. I feel I am blessed. And, he has said, "NO", remember?! Of course, he changed his mind and I had to change it back, but that is what compromise is about, right?
Well, as happy as I am that you popped by.... I have to say I'm a little embarrassed for both of us now. I never imagined that Alice would jump on my question like that and just blurt it out! :oops: Eeesh!
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

At the end of Eclipse (page 617 if you need a reference)... Do you think that Edward would have followed through with making love to Bella right there in the meadow and then changing her later that night?

I think that he would have made love to her definitly. as for changing her? No, I don't think he would have.
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent
Location: Trying To Decide Between Edward, Stefan, & Dimitri <3!

Post by 21Twilight21 »

Lol sorry Bella! We didn't know that Alice would tell us that and that you would pop into this thread and see it lol!
I don't see Edward spoiling Bella as a bad thing! I think it's so sweet! They are meant for each other!
Thanks Chrissy for my banner:
~Call me Kym~ I'm on the ListV2! *Paige is my TSB* Chrissy is my Talented Artist Friend :)
^Fee-B is my dependable buddy^
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

21Twilight21 wrote: I don't see Edward spoiling Bella as a bad thing! I think it's so sweet! They are meant for each other!
Agreed!!

All I can say to Alice & Bella is: :oops: lol
Good thing you're not human anymore Bella!
;)
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

Howdy, y'all. It's your lovely List Keeper, Sam, here! *waves and smiles* I'm sad that this thread has been kind of inactive lately, so I'm posting a few questions/discussion topics. (Note that I found some of these online, but I've edited them slightly for our purposes.)

So! Here are our new TE questions:
  • -Edward is attracted to/intrigued by Bella, initially, by her smell. This may make his love limitless (because she can't change the smell of her blood and he will always be attracted to it -- although post-New Moon seems to contradict that), but does this make his love less admirable since it's not based on Bella's character?

-Edward explains the ways that vampires are attractive and seductive to their prey, but even with this in mind, do you think Edward is portrayed as too perfect? Why or why not?

-Do you think Edward gives readers unrealistic expectations of men?

-Would you have accepted the fact that Edward was a vampire as quickly as Bella did? How do you think you would have reacted? Would your reactions have been similar or different to Bella's and in what way?

-How would you feel if Bella were the vampire and Edward were the human? Or would you feel the same way about the characters, plot, etc.?

-Do you Edward uses his mind-reading power solely for gaining knowledge, or to spy and manipulate others as well?
Some discussion ideas (about the thread, not Edward):
  • -Should we have a weekly question (or questions)?
    -Should be appoint some sort of "official" leaders for the thread? (Such as president--or something, VP, etc.)
    -What should the "officials" be responsible for? (i.e., what positions would we have and what would each position require)
    -Should we (er... I -- or whoever, actually) start a new Team Edward List? Some Lex users have asked to be a member, but they don't actually post here. I think our TEL should consist of only members who post-- what do you all think?
TE Members:
Answer whichever questions you want (preferrably all of them ;) ) and please give feedback on my discussion ideas.
After all that, I don't want to answer my own questions :lol: so I'll probably get to them later this week. Promise!

Love, Sam
Emily (~*~Emily~*~)
Kim (21Twilight21)
Paige (aussie-twigirl)
Bells (BellsEdwardalways)
Chrissy (BlueStarEgo)
Belle (cecibelle_cullen)
Jenna (debussygirl)
Diane (diane771)
Trine (Dovrebanen)
Beth (DreamofEdward)
Derek (DudeRocksTheTwilight)
Logan (DunnerheartsTwilight)
Lee (edward x lover)
Emmaline (edwardlikeshaystacks)
Nikkel (edwardsblossom)
Elise (eliselovesedwardx)
Gabi (Eternally Dazzled)
Nat/Natallie (Jasper<3)
Caryn (Jazz Girl)
Jennifer (JenTheWriter)
KayKay (kayAlicekay)
Kiki (KikiMasenCullen)
Bri/Briana (Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3)
Ted (Mrs.TeddyBear)
Christy (navarre)
Jaclyn (openfire)
Jen (pennybug84)
Fat/Fatima (Renessmee_Bella)
Sam (samajama)
Sam (Samlawali)
Sarah (sarah!)
Shadow (shadowsinger)
Jennifer (SwanCullen)
Mary (Tengo Nubs.)
Shel ('twahy-lahyt')
(Twilightchick79)
Shelby (twilighter1193)
Sandy (twilightsagaaddict)
Ginnie (VirginiaMay)
Heather (waiting tobe dazzled)
Hannah (willowtree)

The orignal list is on page 9, but I'm going to post the updated list whenever I post. I apologize in advance if I don't post frequently or add you to the TE list right away. If someone wants to be added to the list, please tell them to PM me. Thank you. ~Sam
Last edited by samajama on Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent

Post by 21Twilight21 »

Great questions Sam! Sorry I've been neglecting this thread too, but it's really hard to have a conversation with yourself lol!

-Edward is attracted to/intrigued by Bella, initially, by her smell. This may make his love limitless (because she can't change the smell of her blood and he will always be attracted to it -- although post-New Moon seems to contradict that), but does this make his love less admirable since it's not based on Bella's character?
No I do believe that Edward has said time and time again that he loved everything about Bella! Sure he was attracted to her because of her scent and she is his mate, but he's always said that he loves that she is a caring person! He loves that she cares so much about everyone else! I think that he loves everything about her and it wasn't only her blood that called to him! Edward's love is also based on Bella's character which makes their love even more powerful :)!

-Edward explains the ways that vampires are attractive and seductive to their prey, but even with this in mind, do you think Edward is portrayed as too perfect? Why or why not?
I think Edward's perfect lol, but refering to what the question says it doesn't portray him to be too perfect! The predator part of him attracts the prey, but yet there are human parts of him that makes him attractive! He has his moments when he is angry, but he is a caring and loving man! He has human qualities that regular man have!

No I don't think so! I hope to find a man like Edward who is not only great looking, but also kind, smart, loving, and protective! It might seem like it's too good to be true because not very many men believe in the old standards like it was back in the day, but I believe at least parts of those are in real men. There has to be respectful and caring men out there who still follow chivalry!

-Would you have accepted the fact that Edward was a vampire as quickly as Bella did? How do you think you would have reacted? Would your reactions have been similar or different to Bella's and in what way?
It seems a little unreal (I know the whole book is unreal lol, but let's just go along with it!) the way Bella accepted it really easily, but I think that if I was in Bella's position and I loved Edward the way she does, then I would probably have accepted it without ever questioning it! It took Bella awhile to finally realize and admit that she loved Edward, but there was something in her that wouldn't let her be a part from Edward! It's like she knew no matter what he was or what happened that she was meant to be with him! If I felt that I was truly meant to be with someone then I would accept everything about him and that's exactly what Bella did! :)

-How would you feel if Bella were the vampire and Edward were the human? Or would you feel the same way about the characters, plot, etc.?
I think it would be a different experience if the roles were switched because Bella probably wouldn't be the average girl/teenager that we can all relate to! It might be a little more exciting to imagine being the vampire in love with a human so I think I would still love the story! It has a greater meaning for me though because I can relate to Bella and Edward being a vampire makes it so magical seeing him as the perfect guy and he chooses to be with an ordinary human :)!

-Do you Edward uses his mind-reading power solely for gaining knowledge, or to spy and manipulate others as well?
I don't think that Edward would ever use his mind-reading ability to cause someone to do something wrong! He uses his ability to learn and protect his family, but he could also use it to help others out! If he does manipulate other people it's not to give him an advantage, it's to help someone else out! He doesn't do bad things with his ability, he uses it to help others!

-Should have have a weekly question (or questions)?
I think having one question a week is a great idea! We should try to spread the questions out so that way everyone can answer the question and it gives us enough time to properly discuss it! :)

-Should be appoint some sort of "official" leaders for the thread? (Such as president--or something, VP, etc.)
I think that if we get enough people to post here frequently then it would be a good idea to have people in charge :)! That way we always have topics or events going on! We are going to need to have lots of people posting though in order for it to work!

-What should the "officials" be responsible for? (i.e., what positions would we have and what would each position require)
I'm not sure what the official names should be or how many there should be, but like I said in the question above if we have lots of people joining in the conversations we can have a weekly question and the officials can be incharge of keeping track of the topics!

-Should we (er... I -- or whoever, actually) start a new Team Edward List? Some Lex users have asked to be a member, but they don't actually post here. I think our TEL should consist of only members who post-- what do you all think?
I know having a list of ALL the Team Edward fans would be a good idea because some people support Edward, but they don't post very often! Some people just like to read what others have to say and choose not to share an opinion, but I think that only people who post and participate should be allowed on the list! I don't think we should start a new list, but try to get people to post and really support the thread lol! If people really want to be on the list they will post and show support!
~Call me Kym~ I'm on the ListV2! *Paige is my TSB* Chrissy is my Talented Artist Friend :)
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

-Edward is attracted to/intrigued by Bella, initially, by her smell. This may make his love limitless (because she can't change the smell of her blood and he will always be attracted to it -- although post-New Moon seems to contradict that), but does this make his love less admirable since it's not based on Bella's character?
Edward's love of Bella is completely based on her character. Yes, it is her scent that initially elicits a reaction from Edward. But, it isn't exactly a positive one in terms of fostering hopes for any kind of relationship. Her scent makes him want to consumer her, literally. It makes him want to kill her. It is who Bella is that stops Edward from wanting to kill her. It is her uncommonly kind nature, quiet intelligence, open and trusting heart, and complete lack of pretense that Edward falls in love with, actually becomes consumed by. Edward detests the fact that her blood calls to him the way it does. After Edward leaves her, he is better able to resist her blood because his aversion to her pain and his is greater than his instinctual reaction to her blood. Not to mention, her blood will stop calling to him once it's all gone after the change.

We see Edward as "perfect" and "god-like" because Bella sees him as such. We are only given the view through the eyes of the woman who's in love with him. When you love someone, particularly as intensely as Bella loves Edward, they are perfect (at least at first; hopefully you find reality again). That is one reason why The Book that Shall Not Be Named is such a wonderful gift. In it, we see an entirely different view of Edward, a view through his own eyes. But, we also see a bit of a different view of Bella too. We see her through the eyes of Edward, the man who loves her. So, we get a similarly idealized view of Bella, who we know sees herself as hideously plain at best. The truth for both characters is likely somewhere in the middle.

First, all readers have to realize that Edward is a fictional character. We love and adore him for who and what he is. But, he doesn't actually exist. That being said, I think he gives all readers something to hope for and something to search for. There is nothing wrong with wanting a partner who is intelligent, gentlemanly, adoring, generous to a fault, compassionate, kind, wants only the very best for you and who loves you more than their own life. And, there's nothing wrong with holding to those high standards. Maybe more men should have higher expectations of themselves.

I like to believe I'm a very accepting person. Edward didn't have control over becoming a vampire, it wasn't something he chose. That being said, it is a pretty daunting request to set aside one's desire for self preservation. But, love makes you do the whacky. I think, in the exact same circumstances, feeling that exact same connection and those same feelings, yes, I would be that open and accepting.

I'm honestly not sure how I would feel. I want to be able to say that gender has nothing to do with how I feel about the characters. Honestly, I have always identified much more with Edward than Bella. In fact, there are moments when I can't fathom what is going through that girl's head. But, I just can't reconcile the events playing out in the same way if Bella was the stronger one and Edward the weaker.

-Do you think Edward uses his mind-reading power solely for gaining knowledge, or to spy and manipulate others as well?
I'm assuming this question asks about Edward using the information he gathers to manipulate individuals. His power is not projective ie he can't put his thoughts into someone's head and make them do something. But, it just depends on your point of view. I see everything Edward does with his power as for the greater good of his family, or to help others. But, at the same time, Jacob, for example, might see the exact same behavior in a very different light, as something completely manipulative only for personal gain. For instance, the first conversation between Jessica and Bella after the meadow. Edward heard Jessica's intentions, knew what was coming. He could have given Bella a head's up, but he didn't. He was just as interested in the answers, so he kept his mouth closed. I'm sure Jacob might argue that he was manipulating Bella, using what she told Jessica to get some upperhand. But, from another perspective, he was giving Bella the chance to have the normal conversation with her friend. It's all perspective.

As for the rest, I'm opinion free. I leave it up to the majority.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

Edward is attracted to/intrigued by Bella, initially, by her smell. This may make his love limitless (because she can't change the smell of her blood and he will always be attracted to it -- although post-New Moon seems to contradict that), but does this make his love less admirable since it's not based on Bella's character?
JazzGirl said it beautifully, and I agree 100% with her evaluation. However, I feel I need to say that the first thing Edward really noticed about Bella was the mental silence she exhibited- not her scent. His first feelings towards her in the cafeteria (before he ever noticed her scent) were intrigue. From the Book That Shall Not Be Named ;) we know that Edward was also irritated by the silence of Bella's thoughts. I loved this statement from SM's partial draft:
From MidnightSun wrote:I didn't want to develop any interest in her thoughts simply because they were hidden from me. No doubt when I did decipher her thoughts- and I would find a way to do so- I would find them just as petty and trivial as any human's thoughts. Not worth the effort I would expend to reach them.
To me, that just shows how much Bella's character affected him. I think when Edward first started speaking to Bella he was doing so with the intention of finding a really good reason not to kill her; something to hold on to when the temptation became too great- like the fact that Bella was Charlie Swan's only child, etc. How shocking it was for him to find not only the motivation to keep her alive, but beyond that a reason to exist at all.

Sometimes I wonder if SM could have done a better job with this issue. Unless Edward truly is a perfect specimen without argument, it might have been nice to see human Bella eventually notice even a slight imperfection on him. She saw everything else and only loved Edward more for it all. Why wouldn't she have noticed his imperfections if he had any? The thing that really threw me when going with the theory that Edward's perfection was just the way Bella saw him, was how she described him after her change. Finally, she sees him with perfect vision and he is even MORE beautiful than she thought him to be when she was human. I mean, it's very true that love can be blind- but come on! :lol:

I'll have to get to the rest of these later. But thank you for the new questions, Sammy!
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent

Post by 21Twilight21 »

Both of yall made great points! :D I wish my explanations could come out as great as yall's lol!
aussie-twigirl
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by aussie-twigirl »

So sorry Team Edward for being MIA lately! I see lots has happened since I was last here. Lots of questions yay! :) I'll get straight to answering some!

No. I think Edward's love for Bella is absolutely based on her character. Maybe the scent of blood initally attacted him to her. But only initally and only for a second. If he would was completely taken over by her blood he would of killed her then and there in the bio class. But he didn't. And i think part of the reason was because there were other things that intrigued him, such as her character. If she was a horrible person and was complete opposite to who she is, then i think he would probably consider taking her blood. Simply because the attraction for it is just so strong and because in the past, Edward has killed those who are not deserving of living. But he doesn't because the love of who she is as a person is just so strong for him, that he could never do that.

Do you think Edward gives readers unrealistic expectations of men?

I agree, Yes and No. Because Edward is a character in a fictional story, i think it's unrealistic of girls and women to think that men are completely like him. I think it's unrealistic to hope to find someone out there who is just like Edward, because that's not reality, no man could completely live up to what and who Edward is, for one, he's a 100-something year old vampire from the early 1900s! But like Jazzgirl said, I think Edward is a good example of some traits which women and girls should look for in their men. Having high standards is okay but unrealistic expectations isn't because they're unrealistic.

I'll answer the rest later. Homework :(
TY KYM!! =)
Paige I'm on the ListV2!
Edward|Emmett|Quil|Carlisle|Alice
SHIEGE and PIEGE = TWINS *~* KYM IS MY TSB
My Blog - Kaleidoscopic Dreams