Edward Cullen bringing sexy back since 1901 -- Team Edward#3

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent
Location: Trying To Decide Between Edward, Stefan, & Dimitri <3!

Re: Edward Cullen bringing sexy back since 1901 -- Team Edwa

Post by 21Twilight21 »

TwilightedVampire~ I never thought about Jacob and Angela together, but now that you mention it I can see it lol! He would definitely have to be less pushy to be with her though because she's so nice and wouldn't need someone controlling! I thought Jacob was going to end up with Leah! I kept thinking that they were finally going to imprint on each other, but ha then came the shocker :lol:!
:O I am shocked that you haven't finished the series! Lol my cousin still hasn't finished BD either so I guess it happens! That reminds me I need to get my book back though because I've gone too long without it :lol:!
I was mad that Edward left Bella, but I always knew he was doing what he thought was right for her! When they reunited in Italy I loved it too because you could feel their love!

VirginiaMay~ Yeah I was waiting for the imprint between Jacob and Leah too! The Renesmee part was a huge shocker!! I couldn't believe what I was reading, I thought I interpreted it wrong so I had to talk to my friend about it lol! I wonder what happened after Edward found out about the imprint too! I like to think he attacked Jacob and got possessive of his daughter, but then he had to stop because he had to go back to Bella or he wanted to see Renesmee :)!
Lol ok I'm soo glad to know I'm not the only one yelling at books/movies! My family thought I was crazy :worried: lol!

Jazz Girl~ Lol! Yes I agree, I do believe we've all yelled at Edward at some point in the series! I know I did, but that yelling wasn't nowhere near the Jacob yelling lol! I love your last sentence! It's very true! Jacob was very childish in everything he did, and sure he's younger than Bella and Edward, but that doesn't mean he needs to be unresponsible!

Corona~ I agree with Jazz Girl! I think that whenever he told her he was a good liar after telling her that he couldn't live without her, she thought he was admitting to lying about his feelings! She thought he was talking about lying about how he loved her when in reality he was saying he lied about saying he didn't want her anymore! That is very hard for me to explain lol, but Jazz Girl pretty much covered it! :)
Thanks Chrissy for my banner:
~Call me Kym~ I'm on the ListV2! *Paige is my TSB* Chrissy is my Talented Artist Friend :)
^Fee-B is my dependable buddy^
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Oh dang I missed a good Jacob bashing. :lol:
All 3 characters do things I sometimes want to yell at or smack for, but not as much a Jacob! That dog is just so immature! I love to quote Bella in Eclipse, he has him moments where he bugs the hell out of me!

TwilightedVampire: I never really thought about Jacob & Angela. She's too nice! He would have to change somewhat & mature.

VirginiaMay: I too thought he'd end up w/Leah. The imprinting on Renesmee thing was so crazy! (I honestly have mixed feelings on it.) I think he probably really thought about killing the dog. For like a brief moment. But his grief, worry, anxiety over Bella probably took over really quickly. We know he over thinks everything & overreacts & worries over everything that was probably forefront in his mind. He wouldn't leave Bella's side the whole time she was burning. (I think we learn that at sometime.) So I don't see him thinking too much about it. (Yet another reason I would love to read parts of BD from Edward's pov.)
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
TwilightedVampire
Settled in Forks

Post by TwilightedVampire »

21Twilight21: Yeah, that's the only downside about Jacob being with Angela, is that he would have to change a lot! He's way way way way too pushy and eager... Like a little puppy! :lol: And Angela is far too sweet for that.
Yeah, I feel sooo bad that I haven't finished the series. Hopefully this summer I will, but like I said, I know EVERYTHING about the movies, but still. Haha.
And I love it, also, when in the books, you can just feel exactly what they feel. It's almost as if you are that person, and that you're in the story. It just makes it more relatable. :D

pennybug84: I totally agree with that... Jacob can be SUCH a loser sometimes that I just want to slap him! Then again, Bella already did that, and it didn't work out too well for her. :lol:
"The odds are always stacked against us. Mistake after mistake. I’ll never criticize Romeo again."
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent

Post by 21Twilight21 »

pennybug84~ Lol it's always fun to be around for a Jacob bashing! :lol My day is always better after one!
Haha yes all three of them have made mistakes and given us reasons to be angry at them, but Jacob is the worst! It's funny because when I read the series I was closer to his age, but I always hated how immature he seemed lol!
I agree about what you said about Edward worrying about being so angry about the imprint, but he was too worried about Bella to let it all out!

TwilightedVampire~ Haha yes exactly like a little puppy, but I have more patience with other puppies :lol:! He's the kind of puppy I want to kick even though I know I shouldn't haha!!
Lol yeah you should find the time to finish it! Even if you've heard about it all, it will never compare to actually reading about it! :)
Yes I love that! I know it probably sounds so corny, but I love how I can relate to the characters! It's kinda hard to relate to a vampire lol, but the feelings and hopes that they have are really amazing and it's fun to be a part of! There's a part of each character that I can relate to in some way!
~Call me Kym~ I'm on the ListV2! *Paige is my TSB* Chrissy is my Talented Artist Friend :)
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

First of all, HI EVERYONE! Lookie, I'm not dead!! (exciting, yes?) I've been super busy with school and I neglect the Lex. I'm really sorry I haven't been here to post the TE list or contribute or anything. I'll try to poke in once or twice ...a month or so. I'd say more, but I know I'll forget. Sorry ladies.
VirginiaMay wrote:I kept waiting for the Jacob/Leah thing to develop. I didn't see the imprinting on Renesmee thing coming at all. I have to wonder how close Edward got to killing him, or was he too lost in his grief/worry over Bella??
ME TOO!!!! Sheez. I was like, "okay...and NOW! ..Now? Wait, what? IMPRINTING?! NOOOOOOOOOOO!" :oops:
I've wondered more how close Jake got to killing Renesmee.

@corona Hmm. Honestly, I don't remember this part that well. The basics, yes, of course. I'm guessing Bella was waiting for Edward to be like, "JK! Ha, got you going there for a second, didn't I? You're totally right. You're kind of a creep and I was hoping I'd never have to run into you again. So..this is kinda awkward." But more Edwardly and elegant, of course. ;)

And WOO for Jacob-bashing here, there, and everywhere! Although let me say this:
In NM (book), I hated him. Hated. He was an annoying little twerp who wouldn't go away. Not cool. BUT! In the movie, I think I finally understood that struggle that I was supposed to feel in the book. Wanting to see Bella with Jacob, but also wanting her with Edward. Knowing that I want her with Eddy, but still feeling bad she couldn't be with Jake. I was confused at first haha. Although in EC, when they kissed, I was like ICK NO!!!! STOP THAT RIGHT NOW!!! Hehe.

And finally...........
Team Edward Members
Ashley (♥midnight_sun♥)
Emily (~*~Emily~*~)
Kim (21Twilight21)
Paige (aussie-twigirl)
Bells (BellsEdwardalways)
Chrissy (BlueStarEgo)
Belle (cecibelle_cullen)
Jenna (debussygirl)
Diane (diane771)
Trine (Dovrebanen)
Beth (DreamofEdward)
Derek (DudeRocksTheTwilight)
Logan (DunnerheartsTwilight)
Lee (edward x lover)
Emmaline (edwardlikeshaystacks)
Nikkel (edwardsblossom)
Elise (eliselovesedwardx)
Gabi (Eternally Dazzled)
Nat/Natallie (Jasper<3)
Caryn (Jazz Girl)
Jennifer (JenTheWriter)
KayKay (kayAlicekay)
Kiki (KikiMasenCullen)
(m_s_bella)
Bri/Briana (Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3)
Ted (Mrs.TeddyBear)
Christy (navarre)
Jaclyn (openfire)
Jen (pennybug84)
Fat/Fatima (Renessmee_Bella)
Sam (samajama)
Sam (Samlawali)
Sarah (sarah!)
Shadow (shadowsinger)
Jennifer (SwanCullen)
Mary (Tengo Nubs.)
Shel ('twahy-lahyt')
(Twilightchick79)
Shelby (twilighter1193)
Sandy (twilightsagaaddict)
Ginnie (VirginiaMay)
Heather (waiting tobe dazzled)
Hannah (willowtree)

The orignal list is on page 9, but I'm going to post the updated list whenever I post. I apologize in advance if I don't post frequently or add you to the TE list right away. If someone wants to be added to the list, please tell them to PM me. Thank you. ~Sam
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

samajama wrote:First of all, HI EVERYONE! Lookie, I'm not dead!! (exciting, yes?) I've been super busy with school and I neglect the Lex. I'm really sorry I haven't been here to post the TE list or contribute or anything. I'll try to poke in once or twice ...a month or so. I'd say more, but I know I'll forget. Sorry ladies.
Yep, exciting fo sho!! Glad to have you back!
samajama wrote:And WOO for Jacob-bashing here, there, and everywhere! Although let me say this:
In NM (book), I hated him. Hated. He was an annoying little twerp who wouldn't go away. Not cool. BUT! In the movie, I think I finally understood that struggle that I was supposed to feel in the book. Wanting to see Bella with Jacob, but also wanting her with Edward. Knowing that I want her with Eddy, but still feeling bad she couldn't be with Jake. I was confused at first haha. Although in EC, when they kissed, I was like ICK NO!!!! STOP THAT RIGHT NOW!!! Hehe.
Seriously, you felt bad for Taycob?!?! *shutters* Nope, never. Granted, I don't hate Jacob himself. But, I CANNOT STAND what he does or most of the things he says! I just seriously do not get it. He's rude, presumptuous, pushy and, in some cases, downright mean. I don't ever struggle with it, and I never will.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

I was talking to my niece a few months ago and discovered she was also a Twi fan. And then came the bad news, she was Team Jacob. Ugh, the disease had spread to my own family! :shock: I could not persuade her otherwise. She was infatuated with both Jacob’s, the book version and Taylor’s version. She had only seen NM at that point, though.

And then she finally saw Eclipse this past month, and she finally had to admit that, yeah, Jacob is kind of a jerk. I try to tune him out mostly, but I have to admit she is spot on. Whatever cleaning up of his character MR tries to do, Taylor still manages to get to the meat of it. He does come off as an arrogant jerk. His character really starts becoming abrasive at the end of NM, and then he maintains it throughout EC, and Taylor manages to stay right in sync with the books. I can’t wait for his big wedding moment in BD, I hope they play that one as absolutely canon, please don’t change a thing. ;)

P.S. Thanks JG for your interpretation of what was happening with Bella. It was always confusing to me, since her reaction was at odds with what Edward was trying to say.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

corona wrote: I can’t wait for his big wedding moment in BD, I hope they play that one as absolutely canon, please don’t change a thing. ;)

P.S. Thanks JG for your interpretation of what was happening with Bella. It was always confusing to me, since her reaction was at odds with what Edward was trying to say.
You're welcome, Stella! Hmmm, I don't know. As much of a purist as I am, I can't say I'd be opposed to Edward tossing the pup on his rump just one time! That moment has always snapped my teeth together in the worst way. How dare he!!! It was just one more moment in a long and extensive parade of them where, once again, Edward showed his true colors as a loving, adoring partner, willing to give his love anything to make her happy, willing to accept any insanity if it makes her smile. And, it takes Puppy McPitA exactly 37 seconds to completely ruin it! :evil: :banghead:
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent

Post by 21Twilight21 »

It would probably be easier for me to quote yall, but I'm so used to replying by using names lol so I'll do it like this again ;)!

Samajama~ Yay you're back! I wondered where you were lol!
I'm going to say something about your Jacob post even though I have a feeling I might get objects thrown at me :shock:, but everyone remember I'm Team Edward, always have been and always will be :clap:!! I couldn't stand Jacob in any of the books! Well in BD he was okay after he realized he didn't love Bella and he wasn't meant to be with her lol, but I could've read the book without him in it! I always wished I could push Jacob out of the way and get back to Edward in NM as well as the parts of Eclipse when Bella was with him lol! In the movies Jacob is more tolerable, the urge to push him off a cliff isn't as bad as it was when I was reading! I've never been tempted to be Team Jacob though!

Jazz Girl~ Exactly! Jacob is all of the above that you listed lol!
Omg I so agree to your post about Edward being a loving guy when he allowed Jacob to be at the wedding! He truly loves Bella and would do anything to make her happy!

Corona~ I feel your pain and disappointment! My younger cousins are Team Jacob :(! They only like Taylor's looks though, they haven't read the books and they don't know the true character of Jacob lol! I hate how people like the new fans, choose teams just based on looks without even learning the story! I know lots of people get into relationships based on looks, but there's so much more to the story than just hot guys! :rant: Sorry I had to voice my opinion lol! Oh yeah and a couple of my friends that read the books have switched to Team Jacob or Team Switzerland because of Taylor :cry:... I'm ashamed to be associated with them! Haha!
Lol I agree! To me it seems as though they tried to build up Jacob/Taylor's fanbase so much that they tried to make Edward seem like the bad guy! Especially in Eclipse, I think they made (well tried to make) Edward seem possessive and controlling of Bella when in reality he was always looking out for her and Jacob was the one treating her bad! They tried to make Jacob look like the good guy and Edward the bad :banghead:!
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

21Twilight21,

I can definitely see where a Jacob fascination can take hold if the first exposure to the entire saga was through the New Moon movie. I was very curious to see what my niece had seen in the Eclipse movie that changed her mind. That was asking a lot, sitting through the movie again with a focus on how Taylor portrayed Jacob, and I didn’t do a very good job because I would rather just enjoy the movie and then put my mind on auto-pilot when Jacob is onscreen. But I tried, and I could see where her mind changed. I don’t recall any scene that Jacob is in where there isn’t an undertone of condescension and anger towards Bella, and he really comes off as arrogant and cocky.

The wedding scene in BD is where he really breaks all boundaries, and it becomes apparent that everything he told Bella about letting go and the King Solomon allusion and whatever else was just a bunch of drivel. I think if that wedding scene is portrayed accurately in the movie and everyone gets a really good visual of what went down that even a lot of die-hard Jacob fans will be shocked. It’s rather ironic that Jacob is so often excused as just being a young kid who maybe makes some tactical mistakes, but that he doesn’t really have any faults, but it’s the younger Seth that has to pull him back from disaster and who gets upset when he sees Jacob manhandling Bella at her own wedding. Even Seth, as young as he is, understands that that is something you just don’t do.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”