Edward Cullen bringing sexy back since 1901 -- Team Edward#3

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
vampyre_princess
Touched By Cold Hands

Re: Edward Cullen bringing sexy back since 1901 -- Team Edwa

Post by vampyre_princess »

Do you believe that Edward has a soul? Why or why not? And how do you feel about that?I believe that he does have a soul… I think that every creature has a soul, it just diminishes with the more evil that person does… and seeing as he hasn’t killed, or done much evil (that we know of) I think he has a full soul still. I don’t think that just because he is a vampire (a creature of darkness) that he doesn’t have a soul.
It could be argued that some human’s might not have souls… as they can brutally torture and kill other living things (human or animals) but no one would say that!

What did you think about Edward saying he doesn't have a soul?
I can understand why he doesn’t think he has a soul… as when he was a human vampires were seen as bad and eternally damned and therefore would not have a soul… I thin kit is sad as it does mean he doesn’t believe that there is anything for him after his existence (I nearly said life) that he will not go to heaven… or hell, which makes me think what does he think will happen to him if he gets killed?
♥ away with the fairies ♥
^ follow me :) please?
○Team Stefan○♠Team Switzerland♠
♀listv2~Pixie Rose
Twilight_Obsessor
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Twilight_Obsessor »

what does he think will happen to him if he gets killed?

Well since he would no longer exist on Earth if he got killed, and he doesn't believe that he will got to heaven or hell, that leads me to believe that he think he will simply not exist at all.

P.S. Michelle you said
I think that every creature has a soul, it just diminishes with the more evil that person does… and seeing as he hasn’t killed, or done much evil (that we know of) I think he has a full soul still.
He actually has killed humans, Remember? He told Bella that he had rebelled against Carlisle and was on his own for ten years and he drank human blood. However, he only killed the bad people, like the murderers and the people who almost killed Bella in Twilight. Which must count for something if he kept them from killing more people, which is exactly why he did it that way. Then he came back to Carlisle and his ways, because he started to "see the evil" in his eyes.
© Siggy made by Jasmine

It consumes my every thought. It's not healthy. It's not normal. I can't explain it...I guess I'm just crazy.
-Jasmine
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

what does he think will happen to him if he gets killed?
I agree with Jazz. If he didn't have a soul, he would simply not exist anymore.

Also, according to the Bible--and excuse me for using Biblical references if you are not a Christian--humans are the only creatures with souls that have an option of going to heaven or hell. Whether this applies to vampires or not, I don't know. It could be they have a soul and they're automatically going to hell because they're a vampire, they don't have a soul and will simply not exist after they die, or they have a soul and they either go to heaven or hell based on whether or not they're saved and whatnot, just like humans.
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Hi everyone!

So this discussion has made me think of anther question. I don't think we've discussed it yet. In his human life do you think Edward was a religious person? (Going to church at least occasionally, believing in a God & an afterlife, etc) I just thought of the question & haven't really thought about it before so I don't have an answer yet.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Twilight_Obsessor
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Twilight_Obsessor »

In his human life do you think Edward was a religious person? (Going to church at least occasionally, believing in a God & an afterlife, etc)

I think he probably believed in God and everything because how he talked about heaven and hell and other religious topics. Plus I think Carlisle's father was... Catholic I think? But not like overly religious like he believed but maybe he didn't go to church that often? He sure does believes/wants Bella to go to heaven... So yeah, I would say he believes in God.
© Siggy made by Jasmine

It consumes my every thought. It's not healthy. It's not normal. I can't explain it...I guess I'm just crazy.
-Jasmine
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

In his human life do you think Edward was a religious person? (Going to church at least occasionally, believing in a God & an afterlife, etc)
I think he believed in God on some level. If he didn't, he wouldn't have thought that he had lost his soul when he became a vampire. He had to believe in something in his earlier life, to think that he has lost the chance at an afterlife. But I don't think he was very religious. Probably went to church every now and then when his mother dragged her son along :)
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
vampyre_princess
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by vampyre_princess »

Twilight_Obsessor wrote:[P.S. Michelle you said
I think that every creature has a soul, it just diminishes with the more evil that person does… and seeing as he hasn’t killed, or done much evil (that we know of) I think he has a full soul still.
He actually has killed humans, Remember? He told Bella that he had rebelled against Carlisle and was on his own for ten years and he drank human blood. However, he only killed the bad people, like the murderers and the people who almost killed Bella in Twilight. Which must count for something if he kept them from killing more people, which is exactly why he did it that way. Then he came back to Carlisle and his ways, because he started to "see the evil" in his eyes.
Sorry I forgot :oops: But still then I think he has a soul and as he only killed those that had killed I think it is acceptable... if they were innocent people then it would have diminished his soul.

I think he must have believed that there wasa god or at least an after life... if he didn't why would he believe that he doesn't have a soul now, or that he will not go to heaven... It makes me think that he must have believed on some level
♥ away with the fairies ♥
^ follow me :) please?
○Team Stefan○♠Team Switzerland♠
♀listv2~Pixie Rose
pennybug84

Post by pennybug84 »

Twilight_Obsessor wrote:In his human life do you think Edward was a religious person? (Going to church at least occasionally, believing in a God & an afterlife, etc)

I think he probably believed in God and everything because how he talked about heaven and hell and other religious topics. Plus I think Carlisle's father was... Catholic I think? But not like overly religious like he believed but maybe he didn't go to church that often? He sure does believes/wants Bella to go to heaven... So yeah, I would say he believes in God.

Thanks for your answers everyone. I feel like an idiot! :oops: I don't think things through all the time. With how much Edward worries about Bella's soul & wanting to make sure she goes to heaven means he believes theirs something after this life (at least for humans) and that would most likely have carried over from his human life.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Edwards_Bella
Learning to Love Green

Post by Edwards_Bella »

I don't know. That being my answer because if he did i doubt that at anytime he expected to be turned into a vampire.
<3 Look after my heart - I've left it with you <3
Click on the egg
pennybug84

Post by pennybug84 »

So my mom bough the Wal-Mart fan edition of NM and on the extra disc there's a special feauture called Fast Foward Edward. At first I was like hmmm I wonder what this does so I clicked on it & it showed the beginning of NM w/the logo & than fast forwarded to when Edward does his parking lot strut (that to me is still one of the cheesiest/weirdest part of that movie.) And at first I was like cool! I can watch this movie at times & not have to watch my aboslutely least favorite wolf. But I only watched to the parkng lot at that point. Then a couple days later I decided to watch it all the way through (it was my reward for getting on the treadmill! :lol: ) And it skipped some parts that Edward is in. Like after the kiss in the parking lot it skipped to when he does Romeo's lines. I was kind of bummed it skipped the hallway w/Alice & Jasper. Why? Edward is there too! And in Italy it skips a little bit too. So I guess it's cool that I can watch it w/out having to watch the times that Edward is gone but it's kind of a bummer that it doesn't show ALL the scenes he is in.

TEAM EDWARD BABY!!!!!