Edward Cullen bringing sexy back since 1901 -- Team Edward#3

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent
Location: Trying To Decide Between Edward, Stefan, & Dimitri <3!

Re: Edward Cullen bringing sexy back since 1901 -- Team Edwa

Post by 21Twilight21 »

There are so many scenes that I'm looking forward to seeing in BD2! I agree that the first hunting scene will be an exciting one :D!

The first hunting scene, the cottage scene ;), the father/daughter moments between Edward and Renesmee :clapping:, the moment Edward reads Bella's mind and gets to see everything from her point of view :clap:! I just want to see the whole movie already lol!
Thanks Chrissy for my banner:
~Call me Kym~ I'm on the ListV2! *Paige is my TSB* Chrissy is my Talented Artist Friend :)
^Fee-B is my dependable buddy^
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

• Which Edward scene from BD part 2 are you most excited to see?

The scene where Bella leans how to control her power. The one with her, Edward, and the lockness monster. I'm interested to see how they show it, as well as how Rob will play Edward's part for that scene if they stick with the book.

New question that I've been wondering about.

• Where do you think Edward went to school? Public or Private? Local or do you think he went on the train somewhere else? Possibly somewhere that could give him a 'better education' than somewhere more local in Chicago?
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

JenTheWriter wrote:Pennybug -- I've been meaning to tell you for days ... I LOVE your siggy. Simply gorgeous!
Thanks! I can't take credit for it though. I got it from someone on tumblr. And when I tried to find the source I couldn't. :oops: But the person who made it did an amazing job.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

♥midnight_sun♥ wrote:
Where do you think Edward went to school? Public or Private? Local or do you think he went on the train somewhere else? Possibly somewhere that could give him a 'better education' than somewhere more local in Chicago?
Ooooooh, good one! Hmmmm.... given Edward's propensity for being a bit of a pretentious prat at times, I always pictured him at some private prep school. But, I don't see him as big man on campus, though. I always see him as the shy boy, hiding behind his book or getting lost for hours in the music room. I think a part of that fueled his desire to become a soldier, too.

PS Penny, I'm adding my love for your siggy as well.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

The guide suggests that, owing to his father's work as a lawyer, he did get a better education than most, so I think he probably did go to a private school.
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

I wasn't sure where to ask this question/bring this up so I'm going to do it here. :?

I've always thought it was weird that for Bella's after car Edward would get her a fancy sports car. She's never liked those cars or been into them. So I guess my question is why do you think he got that type of car? What was he thinking? The only thing I could think of is he was thinking/hoping after she was changed that she would want/like that type of car.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

pennybug84 wrote:I've always thought it was weird that for Bella's after car Edward would get her a fancy sports car. She's never liked those cars or been into them. So I guess my question is why do you think he got that type of car? What was he thinking? The only thing I could think of is he was thinking/hoping after she was changed that she would want/like that type of car
I think it was more self-indulgent...Edward loved the car so he hoped that Bella would like it as well...
with her vampire speed, ( in thinking and reacting) she probably won't like the truck very much. the Ferrari will do better for her than anyway...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

I'm inclined to agree with Marielle. It was kind of... predictive. I think he realizes that, once Bella is vampirically graceful and can do the speed thing, she'll love it as much as he does. She'll love having the vampiric reflexes and stability to handle something like that and will realize that she could, in fact, get out and run faster than the truck can drive and she'll hate it.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

That's a good question. I think the Ferrari actually was pretty shrewd on Edward's part, but it does seem odd at first. I think it ended up being a statement of flattery to his new wife.

I think it will take a while for Bella to get comfortable with it. She might not get there, though, and end up settling on something more practical. Personally, I think the Ferrari is too flashy, cops sometimes pull you over just to get a gander at your car if its pricey and rare.

First, I think Edward knew he was going way overboard with the Mercedes Guardian, so he went sporty to compensate.

Second, Rosalie has her BMW and Alice has her Porsche. There wasn't any way that Edward was going to get something "practical" for Bella. If Bella wants to trade her Ferrari in for a Toyota (and she very well might), that's fine, she can do that, but he isn't going to stick her in a Toyota to begin with if her sisters have flashy cars. And Edward isn't going to get something "in the same range", he wants Bella to have the best. If she doesn't want to have the best, that's up to her. She can downgrade if she wants, but he isn't going to do that himself.

[BTW, if he had got her a Toyota, what do you think Rosalie would say? I'd bet she would needle her over it.]

Finally, I don't think Edward has any idea exactly what Bella would want. If my arm was twisted, I would hazard that Bella might like something more along the lines of Emmett's Jeep, or some kind of SUV or truck with off-road capabilities, along with being able to haul something around. Bella likes feeling useful, and the Ferrari feels too self-indulgent for her tastes. But I really have no idea. What kind of car do you give to someone who is still mourning their old beat-up truck?
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

I always thought the Audi coupe he offered her in New Moon sounded like a good idea. It's a little more subtle than the Ferrari.