Alice's Party Planning Committee - Round #4

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
myra
Settled in Forks

Re: Alice's Party Planning Committee - Round #4

Post by myra »

heya evryone..
m a newbie :D

Do you have a nickname or something you would rather be called?
--well.. i like my nickname myra quite alot... but m open to suggestions too (f they are decent and good ;) )

What career path do you want to follow here?
--i adore shopping.. given a day and a card all i would do will be shopping... so i guess i can be one of the shoppers and help you out in buying everything that is fab.. :D Why did you want to join Team Alice?

What is your favorite thing about Alice?
-- alice is one of a kind girl...actually vampire girl.. she's sweet at the same time annoyingly cute and perky.. everyone in the cullen family adores her.. she's pretty smart when it comes to getting things done in her way....
her relationship with everyone is unique in its own way.. she's bella's best friend and sister in law.. edward no matter what loves her cause she's the only one who can understand him.. with esme she shares the love of homemaking... roaslie and alice love fashion.. emmett..well he loves all the cullen members..a nd as for jasper well alice is her soulmate so that says everything...

Any favorite quotes from or about Alice?
--“ Please, please, please,” she whispered. “Please Bella, please- if you really love me… Please let me do your wedding.” ~ Alice to Bella in eclipse
dis is one of my many favorite quotes.....

Is there anything else you want to share

--i just joined like 4days ago... so anything you wanna know abt me can simply read my post on new kid in town..
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

Hey twi-nerd and myra! :wave: Glad to have you join us.
I love that you cut your hair just like Alice, twi-nerd :D Was it a big change? My hair looks more like Esme but a little shorter and curlier.
That's my favorite quote from Alice too, myra. She's so manipulative but in a totally adorable and cute way. She always gets things done her way. :lol:

Thanks for the quote corona! Alice must have slipped at least once then. I guess I just can't imagine someone as upbeat as her killing someone.
smitten_by_twilight wrote:I'm about to re-read it again (#11, but who's counting?)
WOW, 11 times?! Wish I had the time for that, but my to-read-list is just getting longer and longer without ever being able to cross something off. :?
smitten_by_twilight wrote:Well, Suzan, we'll have a small party. It's not the quantity, it's the quality!
Right! :D And I think/hope more people will come around once the Guide is out.
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Did you guys see you could win a Stephenie Meyer Autographed New Moon Poster from the Lexicon? I would LOVE to see someone on the forums win it!

Go Team Alice!
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by smitten_by_twilight »

Suzan, I've read it so many times only because I can't seem to stay away from it. I literally can't get my mind off Twilight. Plus I never have time to get to the library, but I really want to read the Hunger Games series and re-read Austen, which helped me break my Harry Potter obsession a couple years ago.
Myra and Twi-nerd, welcome aboard! That's my favorite quote, too, Myra. And we're all Twi-nerds here ... I'm finishing up some Twilight wallpapers for my Blackberry.
But what I really came here today to shout about was, did anybody else read the SM interview with USA Today about the fan meeting in Vancouver? Cuz she says we get Alice's backstory!!!!!!!!!! YEAH! (Jumping up and down in circles while waving arms wildly overhead.) Suzan, I have broken down and decided I will be buying the Guide ... there are over one hundred holds at my library system. So I look forward to a discussion here!
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

THG and Jane Austen are on my to-read list as well. Can you believe I've never read Jane Austen. I've seen the movies but never read the books. But after reading Twilight, I so desperately want to read them along with Wuthering Heights and Romeo and Juliet. But I just can't seem to find the time. Plus I get distracted a lot with fanfic or tv or movies etc. So it's completely my own fault.

I didn't read the interview with SM yet, but I did know that Alice's backstory would be in the Guide. So exciting! Good thing you're buying it. I don't think I will be able to put it down once I have it in my hands finally. :D
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

I can totally believe that you haven't read Austen yet, it took me a long time. But her books are surprisingly easy to read, considering that they were written about 200 years ago, and wonderfully interesting in that almost nothing really happens, except character development. She only wrote 6 novels, and when you are ready for a break from the Guide, they will not take much time. If you haven't seen the movie "Becoming Jane," a fictional work based on the young Austen, it's really good, too. I have always found Romeo and Juliet frustrating - I'm with Edward on that one! You'd think that he could have waited, and made super-sure she was really dead first, before stabbing himself. What an idiot! IMHO

Waiting for the Guide ....
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

So I was thinking that I really should have made my post more Alice-centric, and it occurred to me to wonder ... has Alice read the classics much? :idea: Has this been discussed here before? She had plenty of time to read while waiting for Jasper to show up in Philadelphia, although she may have stayed busy otherwise. Now that Bella and her little collection of well-worn classics have moved in, will Alice develop an interest? Maybe she'll start by buying her newer, better-bound versions :) , and then pick one up. I would guess Jasper would have a basic background in classic literature, but he seems more interested in non-fiction to me. Any thoughts out there?
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

I can totally see Alice loving corny romances and detective novels.
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Wow, I can see that now, even though I hadn't gone there earlier! Really, I think that Alice must have done some fiction reading as part of trying to understand being human. What better way (besides playing Guinea Pig Barbie)?
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Suzan and interested others,

Understandably, it looks like they want to keep Guide spoilers out of most of the Lexicon for a couple of weeks. I loved Alice's bio, etc! Anybody up for starting up a Guide-Alice discussion in the Alice section of Sparkling in the Sun? I'll post there tomorrow - I've been posting for 2 hours tonight, it's past 1 am local, and I have to work tomorrow! But I just love my Twilight!