Alice's Party Planning Committee - Round #4

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Re: Alice's Party Planning Committee - Round #4

Post by Openhome »

I will post with you Saturday afternoon!
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by smitten_by_twilight »

Can't wait to read your thoughts, Openhome!
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

Sorry I haven't been here earlier. When I got my pre-ordered copy of the Guide, there was a error in it from the printer. Some of the pages were torn in half, folded and stuck in the binding. So I had to send it back and recieved another copy on Thursday :banghead: . Then it took me three days to read it and I still haven't finished (so much info, so little time). But I love it and I'm ready for some discussion. I'm hopping over to the Alice thread after this:
smitten_by_twilight wrote:I have always found Romeo and Juliet frustrating - I'm with Edward on that one! You'd think that he could have waited, and made super-sure she was really dead first, before stabbing himself. What an idiot! IMHO
But in that way Edward was really similar to Romeo. You'd think he would have made sure Bella was dead too. But no, he had to believe Rosalie and Jacob of all people (not that I have anything against Rosalie or Jacob but they were not the most supportive of the relationship at the time) and he jumped to the conclusion that Bella actually died from the fall. What amount of time or trouble would it have cost him to go back to Forks and at least put some flowers on her grave or something? Or get the info directly from the source, Alice? He had time to pull of the whole theatrics of revealing himself under the clock tower at noon. (sorry about that, end of rant)

has Alice read the classics much?
I think she picked them up one time or another. Some good character driven books to better understand the human mind, since she can't remember human life. I don't know if she would be as interested in them as Bella, but she must have read them at least once right.
Openhome wrote:I can totally see Alice loving corny romances and detective novels.
Now I can see that too, especially the detective novels. :D Maybe some chick lits too, like the Shopaholic series. Maybe she learned something from that, although the Cullens will probably never have problems with money. :lol:
smitten_by_twilight wrote:She had plenty of time to read while waiting for Jasper to show up in Philadelphia, although she may have stayed busy otherwise.
That's a pretty good question too. What did Alice do when she was waiting around for Jasper? You think she met some other vampires or tried to interact with humans? I don't think she is capable of hiding away somewhere and do nothing.
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

Sorry for the double post but this is some pretty exciting news, it deserves it's own post!
**This might be spoilerish, but since it's on the Lex blog, I'm assuming it's ok to post here**

Just saw this and especially this picture has got me jumping in my seat! :D It's Alice in her bathroom doing the pre-wedding make-over on Bella! (Or at least I am pretty sure it is) Just like we wished for a couple of pages back. :clap:
I'm so excited we will get to see Alice's bathroom! I hope it's going to be a really lovely scene between Alice and Bella, where we finally get to see there relationship that I've been missing in the previous movies.
I'm loving the hair also. Not sure if it is another wig or if they just styled it differently for the wedding scene, but it looks so good imo! It's not so spikey and sticking out in every direction.
I like what she's wearing too, although I had something else in mind for her bridesmaid dress. But it could also be something like a bathrobe and she will put her dress on later? Isn't that what happens in the book: Alice leaving Bella alone for a few seconds to get dressed and Bella starts to freak out when she's alone in the room in her wedding dress?

Sorry for the long story here, but I could go on for hours about this one picture alone! Can you tell I'm super excited about this!? ;) :D Judging from the stills we've been given so far, I'm thinking this might become my favorite movie of the series! Unless BD2 is even better. :swoon: I have a feeling I'm going to love love love Bill Condon.
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Suzan wrote:I'm so excited we will get to see Alice's bathroom!

I completely forgot about Alice's enormous bathroom until I read that! I agree with your guess that Alice might be wearing a bathrobe. She may not have to worry about sweating in her dress, but Bella might accidentally damage it, or it might wrinkle while she was spending all day making over Bella. I'm a little disappointed in her hair in this shot, as I was really looking forward to tiny pincurls framing her face, 20's style. But seeing Alice's bathroom for the first time will be like seeing the Honeydukes sweetshop (HP and the Prisoner of Azkaban), except girlier!

What kind of a fever pitch will the filmmakers have us in by November! :swoon:
Suzan wrote:
smitten_by_twilight wrote:She had plenty of time to read while waiting for Jasper to show up in Philadelphia, although she may have stayed busy otherwise.
That's a pretty good question too.
On the topic of reading and otherwise staying busy, I'm really enjoying Openhome's Alice fanfiction (Singularity at fanfiction.net). Very readable, IMHO. Great way to keep my mind busy while waiting for November.
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
The Real Alice Cullen
I've got my eye on you

Post by The Real Alice Cullen »

Hi there everyone! Up and at 'em, Party Planners! I’m here to invite all of you to Edward’s 110th Birthday Party, and you guys need to do something wonderful for it!

We Cullens are opening a Birthday thread for him on the 20th, and we would LOVE for all of you to stop by and wish Edward a Happy Birthday with us!

This year, the Mods are not just allowing pictures of presents, they are allowing EVERYONE to make him a birthday card or greeting and post it as an image! Esme and I are so excited to see all your artistic creations!

Here are the boring details:
The banners MUST be rated PG, and must be appropriate for the Lexicon, of course :roll:
The banners must not be bigger than 640 X 400
You need to post the banner on another site (such as Photobucket or DeviantArt) and then link the image here.

So, everyone get creative, and let’s see what you can come up with!

Oh dear, I see where this is going... NO headboards!
Amazing how someone so tiny can be so irritating....
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

Hi Alice,

Thanks for the invite! Always an honor to have you here.
And of course no headboards! Wouldn't that be beyond weird to give someone a picture of their naked back for their birthday!? (Though I do hope that Bella lets him break another headboard for his birthday. ;))
Hum, but what to give a 110 year old vampire who already has everything...
Don't worry, I'll come up with something. I'll get my creative juices flowing and give him the perfect homemade birthday card. Those are the best kind. And maybe I can come up with a nice gift to go with it...
I'm already excited! :D

Maybe we can also do something collective as the party planning experts. Like an extra special surprise. Maybe the ultimate birthday cake or something?
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Hahahaha! The perfect cake would be SO much fun! We could have lions and tigers and bears sticking out of it! :lol:
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

I seriously just sat for about two minutes thinking: Why would you want lions and tigers and bears sticking out of a cake?
Duh, Suzan! They don't eat cake! *faceplam* That just totally silpped my mind. :lol: :lol: :lol:
But I like your idea, Openhome. We should totally do that, haha.
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Suzan wrote:Maybe the ultimate birthday cake or something?
Wow, I just responded to Alice over on another thread, and I was thinking what to get Edward ... hm, I've got this Celebrity Chef bit on my signature line since forever ... what about a cake, Alice did such a cute one for Bella ... but vampires don't eat cake ... so I was totally ready for
Openhome wrote:We could have lions and tigers and bears sticking out of it!
ha ha! Alice fans, thinking alike! I'm thinking cake themes, like local favorites (mt lion, polar bears) versus new and exotic flavors (African lion, cheetah), possibly accompanied by plane tickets for Edward and Bella. Would they want Renesmee, and thus Jacob, to come along, or have a second honeymoon? The cake would merely be symbolic ... how about a drawing that kind of shows the predators all mashed together in a cake outline, do you know what I mean? This could be a lot of fun!