Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Post by twilightsagaaddict » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:48 am

Fizzles wrote:What have I done?! I have skimmed past your posts about UofEM for months, telling myself to wait till its finished. But my hand had other ideas this morning and clicked on the bookmark. Then I couldn't stop reading. Professorward is making my blood boil for all kinds of reasons!!
Laura ~ you'd think we'd know better than to start a popular ff- :lol: , but noooo, we start them anyway, get completley hooked, and again wonder why nothing has gotten done around us! :lol: :lol:
That happened to me last night. I'm not ever sure where I got the story recommendation from, but I started Expectations and Other Moving Pieces last night around 8:00 and was up til 2:00 so I could read all 25 chapters. I wasn't sure when I first started if I was going to like the characterizations, but the way it was written just grabbed me and I had to keep reading and reading.... ;)

missp - hope you feel better, hon!

Tracy - your quote from UoEM, shockingly ;) , was also one of my favorites!! I want them to get to Florence...I'm so scared for them and what they are going to face back in Toronto... And I'm not sure about Maia...could it have possibly been a sibling, given the way he said "of course I loved her... its not like that" hmmmm.....

Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ

miss_annabella
Wandering Through Town

Post by miss_annabella » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:33 pm

*University of Edward Masen dissussion*

I love how devoted Edwards is to Bella, it's like the one thing in his life doesn't want it mess up. The way he explains his actions all the time and quiets her worries, it is so strange to read a character that can rationalize and communicate their thoughts and feelings so eloquently. All i can say is wow, it's really beautiful to read.

So now that Bella finally let out her story, are we going to get some of Edward's story out soon enough? Or, will his ghosts also revisit before he gets a chance to tell?

I was really surprised that Charlie made the effort to make things right with Bella, I thought him being the blissfully oblivious person that he is would try to ignore this too, at last for a while and then make an effort. I am glad it played out the way it did.

Like you all I have been wondering about the MAIA tatt as well but can not come up with anything good. I have read about Maia in mythology, being on of the seven daughters of of atlas, but nothing metaphorcally relating back to what I can get out of UofEM.

* end UofEM discussion*

Jazz Girl~ I am super jealous of your husband bringing you coffee while you read, how very thoughtful. Mine is in the camp of why do you keep reading that and why are you not paying any attention to me. Though I happened to be reading EP one day and he asked what the story was, now from time to time he asks what is going on in the story. I had to admit it was good timing because at least he didn't ask while I was reading The Training. Then he would definitely be getting some ideas of his own!

twilightsagaaddict ~ Thanks for posting the rec on Expectations and Other Moving Pieces, it's just more fuel to the fire. Once I start reading a new one I can't help myself, there is NO inner voice that says "walk away, walk away now". At least now I have something else to pass my time between my favorite fics updates.

Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:52 pm

I need help fanfic enthusiasts!

So I don't necessarily write a chapter in order, especially if scene comes to mind so I don't forget it. Here I am ready to piece together part II of TPC and I've found myself stumped.

HOW would the Volturi get to the US and back to Europe?? Do they own a private plan? A boat? I can't imagine they'd be flying first class on Delta Airlines. I'm at a loss, give me your opinions!

missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:47 am

CHAPTER 18 of Perfect Foreverhas been posted!!
Here's the link!

by Amanda Beth » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:52 pm

I need help fanfic enthusiasts!

So I don't necessarily write a chapter in order, especially if scene comes to mind so I don't forget it. Here I am ready to piece together part II of TPC and I've found myself stumped.

HOW would the Volturi get to the US and back to Europe?? Do they own a private plan? A boat? I can't imagine they'd be flying first class on Delta Airlines. I'm at a loss, give me your opinions!
Hmmm...I guess I just assumed in Breaking Dawn they got to Forks by plane. I never considered the special circumstances behind such method of travel, though. They are the most powerful vampires in the world. I suppose they would have certain luxuries at their disposal such as private jets. That would be my suggestion given the delicate nature of their existence, and it needing to remain a secret. Good luck! :)

VirginiaMay

Post by VirginiaMay » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:40 am

sweetpea wrote:
VirginiaMay wrote:Could someone please tell the newbies, what does "EP" stand for? I know someone listed all the abbreviations in the prior thread, but since that one got gunked up with the ratings/FF debate (stay on topic people, we are discussing the stories here), could you do it again? You know, WA, CW&JKLMNOP... etc etc. Just trying to follow along, read and not spoil it for myself here! But I don't know the story names yet.
VirginiaMay a little confused as to the comment about stay on topic discussing the stories. Isn't that what we have been doing?

Oh, SweetPea. Not you guys, not this thread! I am sorry for the confusion, you have been on topic here... It got a little heated on the other board. Instead of talking recommended fics, there was a whole slew of other issues being discussed, i.e. ratings and stories being taken down, etc etc. SO, I am assuming that is why Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2 was started. I got frustrated sifting through the posts looking for what I needed. WHICH, was a simple glossary of fanfic acronyms.

So far I've got that WA= Wide Awake, and EP= Emancipation Proclamation. Any other commonly used fic abbreviations would also be appreciated. Thanks!!

Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:59 am

VirginiaMay wrote:
sweetpea wrote:
VirginiaMay wrote:Could someone please tell the newbies, what does "EP" stand for? I know someone listed all the abbreviations in the prior thread, but since that one got gunked up with the ratings/FF debate (stay on topic people, we are discussing the stories here), could you do it again? You know, WA, CW&JKLMNOP... etc etc. Just trying to follow along, read and not spoil it for myself here! But I don't know the story names yet.
VirginiaMay a little confused as to the comment about stay on topic discussing the stories. Isn't that what we have been doing?

Oh, SweetPea. Not you guys, not this thread! I am sorry for the confusion, you have been on topic here... It got a little heated on the other board. Instead of talking recommended fics, there was a whole slew of other issues being discussed, i.e. ratings and stories being taken down, etc etc. SO, I am assuming that is why Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2 was started. I got frustrated sifting through the posts looking for what I needed. WHICH, was a simple glossary of fanfic acronyms.

So far I've got that WA= Wide Awake, and EP= Emancipation Proclamation. Any other commonly used fic abbreviations would also be appreciated. Thanks!!

VirginiaMay~ Yes, primarily we focus on discussing existing stories. But, we also tend to comment on other larger issues in the world of fanfiction. This was one that came up that many of us have strong feelings about. Most of us said our peace and we've moved on. But, we also discuss things like general resources and posting suggestions, or even as AB requested, ideas on how to format or frame something.

As to the abbreviations, the other current ones you might see are CW&IA, which is Clipped Wings and Inked Armour; UoEM, which is The University of Edward Masen; and MoBS, which is The Misapprehension of Bella Swan Regarding the Inferior Intellect of Hockey..ummm...another word for a person who's all about the sexing that we aren't allowed to use on the threads; MotU, which is Master of the Universe. Ummm, those are the ones I can think of at the moment.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS

JillOBean
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by JillOBean » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:46 am

VirginiaMay wrote: JilloBean-
Well, you know I am a fan of Burn Surivors. (Which is great because I told you in a review that I am not a huge AH story lover. I didn't even care for Wide Awake, which I read because you mentioned it in your post on the old thread regarding Bella's touching issue. BTW- I know saying that I don't like WA is asking for ire from the members of this forum, but I am a survivor of childhood sexual abuse. I just disconnected after Bella started slapping sleep-deprived Eddie around and it got ugly. Couldn't do it...)
Hey, I don't blame you there. There are some things in stories I have to gloss over because it's too much for me, hits too close to home.

JillOBean
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by JillOBean » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:57 am

Amanda Beth wrote:I need help fanfic enthusiasts!

Private plane would be the easiest and most believable route, IMO.

Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:17 pm

Anyone have the link that to the fanfic The Training. It was removed from FF and is one twilighted but I can't find it anywhere. Thanks
Banner by TammyAZ

SweetKay
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SweetKay » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:36 pm

sweetpea wrote:Anyone have the link that to the fanfic The Training. It was removed from FF and is one twilighted but I can't find it anywhere. Thanks

Here is the link to The Training on Twilighted.

http://www.twilighted.net/viewstory.php?sid=8006

Don't forget you have to join Twilighted to be able to read stories over there.
SweetKay
ImageImage
TEAM EDWARD ~~ EX-FACTOR ADDICT ~~ WA ADDICT ~~ TEAM ALICE