Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
SweetKay
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Post by SweetKay »

Christy - Thanks for the heads up regarding Master of the Universe. I LOVE this story. BUT, I too am having trouble with Twilighted. I can get the story up but it does not show Chapter 72 yet. *SIGH* FF.net shows the new chapter but I do not want to read the "watered down version". *grumble* I DO NOT like reading on Twilighted. Why do you have a web site that is for reading stories and you set it up on a black background???? *still grumbling* Oh well, I will go back to reading Expectations and Other Moving Pieces and check back on Twilighted later to see if I can get the latest chapter of MoTU. Happy Sunday everyone!
SweetKay
ImageImage
TEAM EDWARD ~~ EX-FACTOR ADDICT ~~ WA ADDICT ~~ TEAM ALICE
remylebeauishot
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by remylebeauishot »

Does anybody know if EP is going to be on ffnet still? I think I heard somewhere that it isn't, but I'm not sure...
Can't get enough FFic!!! Argh!!!
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

SweetKay wrote:Christy - Thanks for the heads up regarding Master of the Universe. I LOVE this story. BUT, I too am having trouble with Twilighted. I can get the story up but it does not show Chapter 72 yet. *SIGH* FF.net shows the new chapter but I do not want to read the "watered down version". *grumble* I DO NOT like reading on Twilighted. Why do you have a web site that is for reading stories and you set it up on a black background???? *still grumbling* Oh well, I will go back to reading Expectations and Other Moving Pieces and check back on Twilighted later to see if I can get the latest chapter of MoTU. Happy Sunday everyone!

Kay ~ There is a way to change the background for reading. Since Twilighted Forum and the Stories side are acting up, I will have to wait until it is back up, go over to my profile and write down how to change the "skin" as they call it, so you can have a white background with black lettering. I did it, and my reading enjoyment improved, vastly! :)

Also, good to see you are reading Expectations and Other Moving Pieces as well. This story is a real heart clencher with a lot of nuggets buried in each chapter. Very interesting study in Bella and Edward. Note how in this story, she is filled with some much self-loathing like Edward was in the Saga. A switch, if you will. Even both hold so much culpability in their disasterous relationship, I find her despicable in some chapters and his response to her(The Chair or the chapter right before it) is evident of a man finally breaking apart.
Let me know what you think, I would love to know your thoughts. :)

I wish to recommend, again, Mens Rea: A Guilty Mind by forbidden_fruit

Drama/Romance/Suspense
Fabulous murder mystery with Edward as the accused and Bella as a high powered attorney hired to defend him.
Excellent writing, very suspenseful, lots of little clues throught out the chapter. 8-)
Very exciting.

On the Community. :)
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
SweetKay
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SweetKay »

remylebeauishot wrote:Does anybody know if EP is going to be on ffnet still? I think I heard somewhere that it isn't, but I'm not sure...
Remy - EP is now on Khar's blog. Here is the link:

http://kharizzmatik-ep.blogspot.com/
SweetKay
ImageImage
TEAM EDWARD ~~ EX-FACTOR ADDICT ~~ WA ADDICT ~~ TEAM ALICE
remylebeauishot
Buying a Better Raincoat

Thanks Kay!
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

Hey guys!
I started reading Elemental, it's amazing! :)
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
navarre

Post by navarre »

DudeRocksTheTwilight wrote:Hey guys!
I started reading Elemental, it's amazing! :)

Yes it is, Derek!!

*******************************************************************************************

Kay ~ I finally got into Twilighted where the stories are and this is how you change backgrounds:

Once you sign in and at your Member Account
Click on Edit Preferences
There is a box next to Skin towards the bottom of the Edit Preferences box. Click the down arrow and click on White, click submit and Ta-da!!!
You have white background with black lettering for all of your stories. :)

Hope that helps.
BTW, Twilighted is still acting sketchy. :x
remylebeauishot
Buying a Better Raincoat

I just managed to get something up on Twilighted and the whole layout is different. I think that may be their problem right now. The background was white, the heading was different, it looked like a whole new website. I went to the next chapter and all was back to the way it was before. Now I can't get it to come up again. :evil: But anyway, I think they may be changing things.
navarre

Post by navarre »

remylebeauishot wrote:I just managed to get something up on Twilighted and the whole layout is different. I think that may be their problem right now. The background was white, the heading was different, it looked like a whole new website. I went to the next chapter and all was back to the way it was before. Now I can't get it to come up again. :evil: But anyway, I think they may be changing things.

I know! It is being a big pain in my wa-zoo! :x

**MoTU Discussion Spoilers**

Well, I finally was able to get onto Twilighted and read chapter 72 and.......James!!! Grrrrrr!
No matter what story or in any capacity, James is a damned sleaze-ball! My skin was crawling north and south when he came over to her desk and got waaaaaaay into her personal space. I was yelling for Edward to hurry up and get there, deathly afraid James would try and pull something physical on Bella.

I know Edward's interference gets way over much at times, but when he says he knows someone is up to no good, Bella would do well to listen. I agree that she needs to make her mistakes and she certainly needs room to breathe and move around, but in situations like this, a little "not ignoring the source" would help her in the long run.
I am glad she talked with him regarding his suffocating ways and she was right to say what she said, but my heart still goes out to Fifty - he is so frightened of losing her. I think watching his mom die and not being able to stop it and then he was found next to her body many days later, really messed up his world. :(

Now we have Irina coming to the condo to talk with both of them. I was :shock: when Tyler announced that. This should be a real interesting get together.
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

well,I'm glad to know I'm not the only one having trouble with Twilighted tonight! I'm not even going to try to get over there again tonight. It will just succeed in frustrating me further right before bed! ARGGG!!

I have written for a little while this evening, but I seem to have reached the limit of my creative genius :lol: for now. So, it's off to bed for me! Have a great night, Ya'll! Maybe tomorrow will bring what we all dream of...an EP update!