Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Post by Openhome »

Amanda Beth wrote:Ugh I'm so weak. Well I read Openhom'es Singularity in like two reads--AMAZING of course as I knew it would be. Then I got into the damn FF kick and read and caught up on MoBS and UoEM. UGH, now I'm dying. DYING. Bad AB, bad.
Thanks Amanda Beth!! That was so sweet of you.
I am so far behind in reading that I've been avoiding the board. I hope things slow down a little during the summer.
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

University of Edward Masen discussion

I appreciated everyone's thoughts about this great story, and agree that Edward is most likely working on some type of solution to be with Bella at Harvard next year. It's certainly not his best or brightest move to keep this stuff secret from Bella. I too feel somewhat sorry for Tanya and her horrible circumstances, and agree that Peter and Angela will more likely be the proverbial thorns in Edward's and Bella's sides in upcoming chapters.

One thought I had while completing this chapter: I've grown comfortably accustomed to the aggressive, direct, and somewhat raunchy way that Tattward (from CW&IA) and Darkward (from WA) speak, and have come to closely associate their form of conversation with their characters, even littered with the occasional to frequent F-bombs. :lol: But there's just something about the way Professorward speaks....with the formality, and the slightly domineering and scholarly nature, capped off by the "come hither" stare. :oops: Reading Professorward's words would often bring me to my knees...if I weren't already sitting down. 8-)

From The University of Edward Masen, Chapter 31

A romantic glow fell over the bed just as Bella entered the now darkened space.

"Isabella."

He sat on the edge of her narrow bed, completely naked, while she stood agape, clutching a pair of worn flannel pyjamas.

"What are you doing?" He glanced with disguised distaste at her sleepwear.

She blushed and looked down at the profusion of plaid in her hands.

"I'm trying to decide what to wear."

Edward stared at her intensely.

"Come here." 8-)

She walked over to him and he reached out a hand to take the pyjamas from her, tossing them aside quickly.

"You don't need these. You don't need to wear anything. Come to bed with me." :shock:

"But my bed is so small. There isn't enough room for $&#," she whispered, somewhat embarrassed. Her naked $&# god boyfriend was sitting on her tiny cot, begging her to go to bed with him, and she was making excuses.

But how was it going to work?

Edward's eyes grew even more heated. "Perhaps there isn't enough space for $&#. But there is more than enough room for me to make love to you. Now come to bed." :o 8-)

End of UofEM Discussion

Amanda Beth, thanks for letting us know about the CW&IA outtake. It was vintage Tattward and InkElla, and it most definitely was :oops: ;) .

Caryn, I read part of Finding Home several months ago but it had become lost in my virtual fanfic clutter. Thanks for letting us know about it--I was happy to reconnect with this fascinating and heartbreaking story again. :)

Had anyone heard or read news about upcoming updates for Edward Wallbanger or The Cannabean Betrothal?
Banner by TammyAZ
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

SweetKay wrote:*Runs into room all out of breath*

I was checking my favorite fanfic WIP's this morning and I noticed that Kahr posted an EP Outake from Elizabeth Cullen's point of view on Monday!!?? :shock: :? Oh my goodness!

*Have to go read*
Kay~ Thank you so much for posting this!! I check Khar's blog every few days, but I noticed that the email alerts have been fail. Grrrrrrr.... :evil:

~~EP OUTTAKE DISCUSSION~~

This was the piece of the puzzle I have sooooo been wanting. In fact, when Khar requested questions for the final interview, Elizabeth was who I requested. This was literally beautifully painful to read. It was so wonderful to see Carlisle through her eyes, see the love that she had for him, as well as for the boys. She is so much like BellaRagazza it's truly frightening. Do you think MobWard sees it?? Her desperation to save BellaRagazza viewed through the lense of her own experiences was amazing. Her conversation with Alec was truly enlightening. I'd love to say that this chapter answered some questiond for me, which it did. But, as with every bit of genius Khar posts, it opened more than it answered. I wonder if Carlisle is aware that Stephan was the one who actually killed Elizabeth, if he knows he finally killed the monster responsible for killing her. Maybe that is why his attitude is somewhat different now? The eerie peace Elizabeth found at the end was strangely comforting, finally seeing those memories long denied to her. And, that final connection between her and Carlisle... :cry:

“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Fizzles
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Fizzles »

older_twilight_fan wrote: Had anyone heard or read news about upcoming updates for Edward Wallbanger or The Cannabean Betrothal?
Tracy - From what I can tell on Twitter ItzMegan73 has a new computer. I think there were issues with hard drives etc. It seems she focused on updating her other story A Rough Start first. However there was a teaser posted for Ch21 of The Cannabean Betrothal yesterday so I'm guessing it should be soon.

TCB Teaser ... Renee smiled and shook her head softly, wordlessly commenting on Bella’s naiveté. “Well Bella,” she placed her hands on the table and gave her daughter her full attention, “the male sex drive is like a toddler’s tantrum. All logic is disregarded until it gets what it wants. Trust me. It’s just easier this way.”

As for Wallbanger dear knows when we'll get more there. It's been six weeks or something I think. I know feathersmmmm had an original story published this spring so I guess thats where the focus has been. She has promised it will be finished, so we'll just have to pray that all good things come to those who wait.
Member of Rob's Halfway House
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

***MofBS DISCUSSION!! SPOILERAGE ABOUNDS!!***
I loved this chapter! Renee cracks me up! She is such a ho! Did anyone else catch the nod to the Twilight movie where Bella is marveling at Renee's texting? LOL! I can't wait to see what happens when Alice and Jasper finally meet! ;) Me thinks love is in the air! Okay...why in the world was Hot Hockeyward so hot under the collar? I mean, I understand that the game is quite violent, but it seemed to me that he was overly angry about something or another. I was so afraid Bella's suprising him would turn out badly. I was petrified that she would somehow catch him in a purely explainable put compromising situation that would set their relationship...or what is headed to be one...back a bit. But, when he turned those smoldering eyes on her...*AHEM* Parden me while I replace the panties that just went up in smoke! Next week's locker room whoopie is going to be EPIC!

***UofEM DISCUSSION!! MORE SPOILERAGE!!!***
I love the way SR stays under the radar with the love making scenes. No smut, but wonderful inuendos! Don't get me wrong, smut has its place in some fics. But, in this one...not so much. I love how Bella is finding her voice. It's high time she became the empowered woman she was always meant to be. Watching Professorward's and Isabella's love for each other grow is so touching. But, I just knew something bad was about to happen. They were way too happy! ARG! Darn the Volturi Tribunal! Darn that Angela slore! And, I had a thought...What if they end up offering Edward the position at Harvard that what's her name---can't remember it right now --- turned down? :? That would cause more angst than I can even fathom right about now!

***END SPOILERAGE ALERT!!!***

On a side note...I bought my Eclipse tickets today!!! 8-) Only 44 days to go! Well, I am off to try and get a few pages written on Chapter 23 of my fic, Perfect Forever. I have severely neglected it lately. Have a great evening, ya'll!
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

~~UoEM Discussion~

Oh Sebastien you tricksy little Hobbit, you. There we are, just a readin' along, appreciating the growth and progress, basking in the love and anticipating the direction of all the happily-ever-after future talk...WHAM!!!!!!! That sucker just swings in like a late Arctic blizzard!! You, my friend, are a literary genius and an epic writer.

I was so overwhelmingly pleased with the way ProfessorWard and Isabella seem to be moving forward in this chapter. The discussion of Isabella heading to Harvard was such evidence of how they are both progressing. The trip to Belize was an amazing gesture from ProfessorWard. And, the conversation about their future...*sigh*

But, I do have to say, though my initial reaction to the Volture Tribunal letter was that Angela had finally gathered all her evidence and that's why she was so bloody happy, another part of me sees the possibility of Peter's hand at work. What if Peter did decide to search Isabella's name and found an article in The Forksian about the attack, saw Edward's name listed as possibly involve, maybe even his full name. Peter is a smart man. Putting together EAMC and Isabella's Anthony wouldn't be that difficult for him. His perception of ProfessorWard has always been skewed because of his limited knowledge of him, specifically the fact that he hasn't been privy to the most significant changes in him. So, he thinks that, by reporting the affair, he is protecting Isabella. It's a less likely possibility than Angela. But, still...?
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Fizzles wrote:
older_twilight_fan wrote: Had anyone heard or read news about upcoming updates for Edward Wallbanger or The Cannabean Betrothal?
Tracy - From what I can tell on Twitter ItzMegan73 has a new computer. I think there were issues with hard drives etc. It seems she focused on updating her other story A Rough Start first. However there was a teaser posted for Ch21 of The Cannabean Betrothal yesterday so I'm guessing it should be soon.

TCB Teaser ... Renee smiled and shook her head softly, wordlessly commenting on Bella’s naiveté. “Well Bella,” she placed her hands on the table and gave her daughter her full attention, “the male sex drive is like a toddler’s tantrum. All logic is disregarded until it gets what it wants. Trust me. It’s just easier this way.”

As for Wallbanger dear knows when we'll get more there. It's been six weeks or something I think. I know feathersmmmm had an original story published this spring so I guess thats where the focus has been. She has promised it will be finished, so we'll just have to pray that all good things come to those who wait.
Thanks Laura!
I keep checking on The Cannabean Betrothal daily. It's such a unique story that's unlike most any other fanfiction I've read, but I love it.

I've almost given up on Edward Wallbanger. I think our last update was March 30th, but maybe things will settle down for the author and she'll have a chance to update us. She left us at a pretty pivotal point. Hadn't Bella agreed to visit Spain with Edward?
Banner by TammyAZ
SweetImpakt
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by SweetImpakt »

Hi all!

Just wanted to say that MOTU updated and man, I absolutely love Fifty. He sure is one of my fav ficwards ever!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

Alright Tattward and Baby Bell obsessors, big news.

HH just posted on her blog that she will be bidding on something for Fandom Gives Back (all money raised goes towards Alex's Lemonade Stand. They raised nearly $90,000 last year). HH has created a Team Hunter Hunting website where you can pledge $5 (and you don't pay unless she wins what she's bidding on--which I assume is available for the team only). If she wins the auction, HH will write for Team Hunter Hunting ONLY a EPOV of the CW&IA proposal. It will never be posted anywhere else, but she will write a BPOV of the proposal in the future open to all. Team HH will also get to suggest what a 40k story HH will write will be about, she also mentioned if we want it regarding CW&IA or MoBS we can suggest that too--it'll be voted on and the Team will get to read it first.

The Team HH blog: http://teamhunterhuntingfgb2.blogspot.com/

People think us Twi-hards are just plain crazy, especially with some of the press fanfics have gotten, but this really proves otherwise I think. I am planning on donating, because I have had to witness what cancer does and the children it destroys. ALS is a fantastic cause. It's only $5, and it could one day help our nieces, nephews, children, grandchildren.

I'm done rambling now :)
SweetKay
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SweetKay »

SweetKay
ImageImage
TEAM EDWARD ~~ EX-FACTOR ADDICT ~~ WA ADDICT ~~ TEAM ALICE