Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Post by Tornado »

You're dyslexic? Well, good on you for doing such a fine job! That's a very difficult thing for a writer to deal with.

Yes, I had trouble with fanfiction.net too. The thing that threw me was that you have to split your book into chapters and upload each chapter individually. Once I'd worked that out, I was able to follow the rest of the instructions.

I have sometimes written chapters out of order, but these days I usually only sit down to write when I have a full story in my head, and then I go from beginning to end.
crafty_em
Settled in Forks

Post by crafty_em »

Tornado wrote:You're dyslexic? Well, good on you for doing such a fine job! That's a very difficult thing for a writer to deal with.

Yes, I had trouble with fanfiction.net too. The thing that threw me was that you have to split your book into chapters and upload each chapter individually. Once I'd worked that out, I was able to follow the rest of the instructions.

I have sometimes written chapters out of order, but these days I usually only sit down to write when I have a full story in my head, and then I go from beginning to end.
Thanks tornado I only learnt to read at 15 so it's slowly getting there.
How do I do the whole chapter thing then I've now finalised 2 more chapters and am just finishing the openeing sequences.
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Well, you upload the different chapters at doc manager, then upload the first chapter at new story, then go to manage stories and add the other chapters.
crafty_em
Settled in Forks

Post by crafty_em »

Tornado wrote:Well, you upload the different chapters at doc manager, then upload the first chapter at new story, then go to manage stories and add the other chapters.
Thanks Tornado I've now managed to finish the first Chapter and prologue and added them here.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8477850/1/T ... Chronicles
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

crafty_em wrote:
Tornado wrote:Well, you upload the different chapters at doc manager, then upload the first chapter at new story, then go to manage stories and add the other chapters.
Thanks Tornado I've now managed to finish the first Chapter and prologue and added them here.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8477850/1/T ... Chronicles
Hey Ladies, I just wanted to make sure you both knew that the Lex does have a writer's thread called, Writer's Central. If you ever need help or feel like "talking shop" we've had some good discussions in the past. It's been quiet as of late, but new blood always helps with that. ;-)

And I promise to try and make some time to read your new fic, Em, as well as yours, Lynne. :read:

Take care!!

-Ginnie
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Now I'm gonna try and revive things here a bit with some of my fan fic stuff that I'm getting started back to working on and other stuff.

As an introduction, I only write Twilight or Twilight crossover fic (crossover with say Top Gear, Beavis and Butt-head, and, perhaps most strangely, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver). I also do stand alone stories for my OCs that have connections to my Twilight fics and can be considered part of them.

I'd love to tell you all more, but I have to get ready for work in a couple of hours and I have a lot to do. Maybe I'll post some stuff after I'm done with work and I get home.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
crafty_em
Settled in Forks

Post by crafty_em »

I am writing my story and I keep seeing scenes in my head is that normal?

I now have 3 maybe 5 books/stories on the go at the same time only one is twilighit based but one is twilight inspired. lol

I've got so much happening in my head now it's crazy. everything from romance to battles to family protecting itself from the world
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Any must reads ladies?
Banner by TammyAZ
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

Hello old friends! I wanted to post this here just because I know those around during the days of LAF and TPC will get this more than anyone else. It's about the movie, so I'm making it invisible as to not spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. Highlight to see :D

So Alice's vision...the fight scene...I know everyone was upset because characters we love were dying left and right, but I had tears in my eyes for a completely different reason. It was the fight scene I had pictured when I was writing the confrontation in TPC. Minus the Cullen deaths, it was what I pictured! I know it wasn't written as such since it was in Renesmee's POV, but for me it was still like my book came true! I know it sounds stupid, but it made me so giddy!

That is all. I hope everyone is doing well :)
VirginiaMay

Post by VirginiaMay »

Amanda Beth wrote:Hello old friends! I wanted to post this here just because I know those around during the days of LAF and TPC will get this more than anyone else. It's about the movie, so I'm making it invisible as to not spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. Highlight to see :D

So Alice's vision...the fight scene...I know everyone was upset because characters we love were dying left and right, but I had tears in my eyes for a completely different reason. It was the fight scene I had pictured when I was writing the confrontation in TPC. Minus the Cullen deaths, it was what I pictured! I know it wasn't written as such since it was in Renesmee's POV, but for me it was still like my book came true! I know it sounds stupid, but it made me so giddy!

That is all. I hope everyone is doing well :)

Amanda! Hey, girl!

You know... I was thinking a LOT along the same lines once the initial shock was over. The scene of which you spoke is very much inline with some of the better written fanfiction AUs I've read. Specifically, I thought of OCDIndeed's The Fallout, & one other I can no longer remember the name of. Of course, now that you've reminded me, I do remember when you were writing and posting TPC & I can see that. It must feel pretty awesome to have your own little vision of "what might have been" validated in that way. I'd be giddy too. :)

Anyway, I hope all is well with you & it was good to "see" you again. :wave: