Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Post by Jazz Girl »

Desiree~ You are stronger than I. I tried so hard to give up WIP and just couldn't do it in the end. I kept having too many good ones reccd to me. Good luck and stay strong.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Caryn You and Trine are my go to girls on recommending fan fics. I don't know if I have the strength but honestly between the HUGE box of books in my garage that I need to read and the list in my library queue plus all the fan fics I really am trying to have a plan here. What plan would you ask well... I am reading a book during the week and a fan fic during the weekend in hopes that I can read them all. Fan fiction says it holds over 142,000 fan fics and that is not including Twilighted. HOpe I live long enought to read them all. :lol:
Banner by TammyAZ
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

Edwards Ragazza wrote:Caryn You and Trine are my go to girls on recommending fan fics. I don't know if I have the strength but honestly between the HUGE box of books in my garage that I need to read and the list in my library queue plus all the fan fics I really am trying to have a plan here. What plan would you ask well... I am reading a book during the week and a fan fic during the weekend in hopes that I can read them all. Fan fiction says it holds over 142,000 fan fics and that is not including Twilighted. HOpe I live long enought to read them all. :lol:
Desiree~ First, I just got your pm. I did get the chapter you emailed me and I swear I thought I responded, but maybe it didn't go through or the cybergremlins stole it. Overall, it was pretty good. I had a couple of suggestions. I will go back and see if I can find the email I sent. I will respond to the rest of your pm a little later.

As for fanfic, well, first and foremost, don't think you have to read all of them. I am actually pretty picky about the ones I read. I would never ever try to read them all. I would lose my mind and, to be honest, feel like flunking a lot of the authors for their grammar skills. :lol: But, I will say this. I have never read a fanfic all the way through that did not absolutely grab me and demand that I finish. I only start fics that have been reccd to me by at least two trustworthy sources. And, if I don't like it, I don't keep reading. That alone will seriously cut down on the ones you have to read.
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
SweetKay
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SweetKay »

older_twilight_fan wrote:I liked reading the lists of some of your works in progress and feel a little better that my list isn't quite as long as I thought. :D

Please, please, please tell me someone here has read Intersection by Lillybellis. This is one of those stories that's going to stay with me awhile and I'll probably come back to again and again. Here's the official story summary:

Bella Swan wants a fresh start in a new town, and a chance encounter with Edward Cullen turns into something meaningful when their lives begin to intersect. Will a past connection and inexplicable bond be enough to heal the wounds that both are hiding?

This story was amazingly well written and I fell in love with it from the start. Bella and Edward each suffered tragic events in their past, Bella in particular, and this story focuses on the encounters between Bella and Edward and how they help one another heal and learn to love again. It's all about reconnection, forgiveness, and forgiving yourself, and how time and distance can never really separate us from the ones we love.

The Cullens, Charlie, Renee, Phil, Jacob, and other Quileute members are a part of this story, some featured more prominently than others. I actually adored Jacob in this story--he is Bella's close childhood friend, protector of her secrets, and her primary source of support at the beginning of the story. One aspect of the story I enjoyed, probably because of my "advanced age" :lol:, was the fact that Bella and Edward are in their very early 30's with a little bit of life experience under their belts. This Bella has a little more attitude and sass than book Bella, and I loved her easy banter with Jake and Edward. Many witty moments and lines helped to balance out the heavier moments of angst, which were often at the forefront of the story.

The author brilliantly conveyed a depth of emotion that was often breathtaking and heartwrenching, especially in interactions between Bella and Edward or Bella and Charlie. There were many poignant moments when I was brought to, or very near tears...although this could be heightened by PMS symptoms. :lol:

The story is complete, and at twenty-five chapters is actually manageable (and I believe preferable) to read in two or three sittings. As much as I love many of our epic but uncompleted fanfics like Emancipation Proclamation, The Fallout, and The University of Edward Masen, for me they lose just a bit of momentum and steam when I have to wait two to three weeks (or more) between chapters ;)...not as if that stops me from reading them, of course. :D

I'd love to hear your thoughts about Intersection, if anyone has read it...otherwise I'll drive myself batty without anyone to compare notes. ;)
Tracy - Thank you for the reccomendation of Intersection, I completed it today. Very well written and I too loved Jacob in this story. I loved how he was such a wonderful friend and protector of Bella. My heart broke for Bella and Charlie and how life and misunderstandings kept them apart for 15 years.

How ironic that Bella and Edward (known as Tony) met as youngsters in the hospital and forged a friendship that meant so much to both of them. Then came full circle back together as adults. I agree I liked both of them as more mature adults in this story. I'm way past PMS symptoms so I don't know what to blame my tears for as I read this story. Other than I happen to be a real softie!! Yes this story made me cry at times too!!

Thanks again!!!
SweetKay
ImageImage
TEAM EDWARD ~~ EX-FACTOR ADDICT ~~ WA ADDICT ~~ TEAM ALICE
Fizzles
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Fizzles »

I said I'd pop back in if I saw any more tweets about EP.

Latest Khar tweet ... ''I love @hairart1116. About to finish up edits. I <3 her red-penning.''

So as I said, I think its going back and forth. A tweet this morning said she had written another 7000 words and had sent it to her beta.

Be patient my friends. All good things come to those who wait. (Thats what my mother always told me. :) )
Member of Rob's Halfway House
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

:x :? :roll: NO EP UPDATE...AGAIN!!!
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Breathe, MissP, breathe through it. Maybe you should try yoga...

Hey guys, guess what? I'm part of a new (or another depending how you look at it) fanfiction blog site called Taste on My Tongue. I'm in charge of finding and reviewing great T and under fics. If you know of any K, T, PG-13 fics that are really good that we haven't discussed here, please pm me with them. I am also looking for good fics that aren't getting the reviews they deserve, so if you see one, be sure to pm me so we can get the word out.
Thanks
twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

EP Ch 71 IS UP!!!!
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

~~EP Discussion~~

Damn you, Khar!!!! Damn you and your utter brilliance and your cliffies that stop my heart in my chest!!! I made the mistake of checking one last time before I headed to bed, with a long day and longer drive ahead of me tomorrow. And what do I find? Sandy's update that EP is up. GAH!! I HAD to read it. I HAD to know.

I knew it would end in a stand off. Khar's ending was the vision in my head, from the moment MobWard came to in that car and discovered her missing. I absolutely knew in my bones that that was what would end up happening. I hoped and wished for the best. But the realist in me knew it wasn't to be. That isn't to say there isn't still hope. It's as Alec kept saying to Carlisle... just because his life didn't end up where he wanted it to, he would never regret his decision that gave her life. MobWard will be the same way. No matter anything else it costs him, he will never regret a decision that led him back to her, to saving her. Tale il padre, tale il figlio.

But, again, we are left with the classic question... Now What???? Alec's condition? Carlisle's condition? Isabella's condition. MobWard's condition? The indictments? And worst of all... Aro's involvement??? Carlisle fixated A LOT on the fact that this was not normal behavior for the family, to ignore the threat to a made man's loved ones, particularly his woman? So why Aro's callousness? I still feel like there's more to his involvement in Isabella's disappearance? Ugh, I need to go back and reread, but I can't right now!! Well, tomorrow. DAMN IT!!!! Khar, you and your brilliance are going to kill me.
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
remylebeauishot
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by remylebeauishot »

EP Discussion

I was so nervous about reading this chapter, I almost didn't. Yeah, that thought lasted about half a second.
I am so worried about Alec! I am so impressed with her ability to make her charactors so deep that you can hate them in one chapter, then the next chapter you are rooting for them. I really can't wait to find out what is going on in Aro's head... and how he is going to react to being related to Bella. I really hope he hurts for that. I also hope Khar doesn't turn him into someone likeable! :lol:
Once again she leaves us on the edge of our seats, and me wondering why the heck I had to start reading this one before it was finished!!!
Can't get enough FFic!!! Argh!!!