Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
JillOBean
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Post by JillOBean »

missp wrote:Okay...so I just can't get enthusiastic about the Hockeyward story. I tried, I really did...it just AINT happening! *Sighs in resignation*

I spent TOO long over on Twilighted tonight trying in vain to add images to my signature! ARG!!! Never could get it to work. I used the URL, the Code, and the IMAGES buttons...nothing worked. I know I'm missing something just totally stupidly simple!
My avatar worked just great. Oh well, I stopped trying before my laptop ended up through the window and in the front lawn!
I had a lap band fill yesterday, and I am on liquids until tomorrow night...I'm not exactly in the best of moods today! :shock:
I LOVE Hockeyward! He is the bee's knees. Okay, well... Bella is the bee's knees!

We're only two chapters in so far and it's just gearing up. Hang in there, doll!

Oh, and I too am a member over at Twilighted. My name there is Jillian Landers.

I'm so freaking creative with my usernames, I kill me. :D

Alice Lover
Settled in Forks

Post by Alice Lover »

Hey! I don't know if this is the right site to do this or not. If not, please re-direct me to the right page or advice me where to post this.

Anyways, this is my first story ever and I hope you like it. All kinds of comments are more than welcome. Here's the link:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5734787/1/Love_Rocks

Thanks for reading. Have a good one everyone!

"Alice Will Be Alice" - Edward Cullen.
"Money,Sex,Money,Sex,Cat" - Edward Cullen,Twilight Movie
"Lovely Yellow Porsche Owner" - Alice Lover
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Good Evening, everyone!

Caryn ~ thanks for the information from Angela regarding her stories. I'll follow her anywhere. :)

Now some rec's:

1) Broken Doll by Rowna Moon
I have rec'd this fic before and just wanted to give it some props once more. It is now a completed fic. She updated the last chapter and Man, oh man did it go out with a bang!! A wonderfully written story Supernatural/Romance. Haunting, beautiful, Rowan really researched certain legends to bring a breath of realism to her story. I highly recommend it.

On the Community.

2) This story is knocking me off my feet:

Mens Rea: A Guilty Mind » by forbidden-fruit81
Edward Cullen is accused of murder for the slaying of his girlfriend. No one dares take on his case, until defense attorney Isabella Swan, that is. Edward proves to be a difficult client & the biggest challenge of her young but promising career.

Crime/Romance This story read like an excellent crime, mystery novel. Whip smart dialogue and Bella in this story is off the charts kick-butt - she holds nothing back in regards to her mouth and opinion, seriously humorous at times. Edward is arrogant, pompous, chauvinistic(more under current than in-your-face).
Keeps you on your toes and I can't stop reading once I start.
Anyway, please give these fantastic stories a try and enjoy!!! :D

On the Community.

I forgot that there are new faces here so here is the link. Sorry. :oops: :)

http://www.fanfiction.net/community/Lex ... 511/99/0/1
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Can't stick around long tonight. I am too sleepy. We are out of school tomorrow for "Winter Break". I WILL BE WRITING ALL DAY!!
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

And, speaking of our dear sweet AngelatTwilight...after a bit of a delay owed to RL random fail...

Ragweeds, Chapter 8; Small Words, Giant Declarations has been posted.

So sorry for the delay, but, we brought the love to make up for it... :D
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

HOnestly there is so many I don't know how I am going to read them all. The only one I read is Wide Awake which was amazing. The next one is the one written by Khar. I will be starting that hopefully within the next couple of days. I just read everyones suggestions and make a mental note to read them.
Last edited by Edwards Ragazza on Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Banner by TammyAZ
BronzedByTwilight
Settled in Forks

Post by BronzedByTwilight »

Amanda Beth wrote:BronzedByTwilight Are you moving Burn Survivors over to Twilighted? I know you seemed concerned about the rules over at FFn.
Sorry for the delay... I sent the first chapter into twilighted, just waiting for it to be validated. Still posting it on FFn until I'm told otherwise!

Question for the pros. I'm getting so many hits a day but only have 15 comments... what does that mean?? What makes people comment??
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

BronzedByTwilight wrote:
Amanda Beth wrote:BronzedByTwilight Are you moving Burn Survivors over to Twilighted? I know you seemed concerned about the rules over at FFn.
Sorry for the delay... I sent the first chapter into twilighted, just waiting for it to be validated. Still posting it on FFn until I'm told otherwise!

Question for the pros. I'm getting so many hits a day but only have 15 comments... what does that mean?? What makes people comment??
Frustrating, I know. As to what it means, could be any range of things...people felt like just writing, 'good job, nice story" was a waste of time, they just didn't want to review, they don't have an account, they loved it so much they were speechless...could be just about anything. As for what you can do, just ask. A simple, "Please click the review button and let me know what you think," can work wonders. Good luck.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
JillOBean
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by JillOBean »

Not getting reviews/comments is frustrating because you don't know if you're really doing something right or not.

One thing I do now when I start reading a new story is I look at their comments from the first five chapters. I see how long it took for people to comment, etc...

I feel a little better knowing that it took some stories CHAPTERS before people were pouring in to read them.

Also, I look at my story, knowing it's going to be long as all hell, and at chapter 8, we've just gotten started... so I figure if I'm not getting comments it's because I have yet to give people a reason to comment.

Just something to think about.

missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

It is frustrating to not receive reviews when you are getting lots of hits on your story. I have all but BEGGED my readers to leave any one tiny tidbit behind, but I still only receive minimal reviews...and those are usually from the same people every time...THANKS OPENHOME!! :D Anyhoo...it has made me rethink the review issue on the stories I read. I try to always say something...even if is "Great chapter. Can't wait for the next one!" Also, several ffic writers have experienced the negative side of reviews where people have been downright ugly. I haven't experienced that yet.
Speaking of reviews...I'd better get out of here and go write some today! I have been so caught up in reading EP and UofEM the past two weekends that I haven't touched my own fic, Perfect Forever. We have a long weekend for winter break this weekend, and we're expected snow. So, I'm going to spend mine writing. Later, ya'll! :)