Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Post by Jazz Girl »

Honestly, to my understanding, Bella's hair regaining a healthy appearance actually goes right along with Canon. Canon itself actually states that, during the transformation, the body is healed, that the venom cures diseases, mends bones and regenerates tissue. Why would this not apply to hair as well? Her hair does not grow. It just seems to strengthen and regain a healthy color and shine. So, just as Alice's hair did not grow in from being chopped off in the asylum, I always saw it as becoming a darker black, becoming the shiny beauty with which it's described.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

Savage has a new fanfic out called Tempt My Tongue. It is pretty dark and kind of graphic. She is only three chapters in it, but it's going to be good.

With Bella's hair, I saw it as the venom repairing her hair. When you watch Bella's change, you see the repairs being made: her back healing, her body filling out, and of course-her hair is getting healthy. So, to me, it follows canon.

Rachel- How funny that we were reading the same fanfic. I really enjoyed it. If you want to read a feel good story (romance/humor)with a lot of lemons and hardly any angst, read First & Ten. It is a football story about Bella being a sports reporter and Edward is the quarterback for the Arizona Cardinals.
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

In Your World only has the epilogue left. I'm going to miss this story.
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Anyone on here keep some stories? I can't read them fast enough and it seems like they are getting pulled now more than ever. I have a list that was my list to reads if someone doesn't mind can I pm you the list and if you have it can you email it to me.

Thanks everyone
Banner by TammyAZ
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

Desiree - if you can tell me how to do that, I'd be more than happy to help.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

Edwards Ragazza wrote:Anyone on here keep some stories? I can't read them fast enough and it seems like they are getting pulled now more than ever. I have a list that was my list to reads if someone doesn't mind can I pm you the list and if you have it can you email it to me.

Thanks everyone
More than happy to share any that I have saved. Just shoot me your list.

Kayla~ As you brought up Bella's hair here, I will bring up something that to me was a larger violation of canon in the film, ironically, also during the transformation scene. As I said, the hair didn't bother me as I saw it as the venom restoring the hair as it restores the rest of the body. But, what I noticed the last time I saw the film was that, as Edward's bites heal, they do not leave scars. This is absolutely in complete violation against canon. We know that the vampire bites are absolutely supposed to leave scars. I don't like that.
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Good point! I noticed it too but it simply didn't register to me.
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

Caryn- I have to disagree. Bella never mentioned any scars on Edward. It seems that she only noticed scars from Jasper. I don't have my books with me but I do remember that SM wrote his body as flawless. She never wrote any of the Cullen's, sans Jasper, having scars.

Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

VolturiGirl wrote:Caryn- I have to disagree. Bella never mentioned any scars on Edward. It seems that she only noticed scars from Jasper. I don't have my books with me but I do remember that SM wrote his body as flawless. She never wrote any of the Cullen's, sans Jasper, having scars.

I'm kind of confused by what you mean, then? Are you saying that only some vampires have scars? No, Bella never mentions Edward's scar. But, she also said that she really only saw the scars on Jasper's body when he showed them to her under the light. Otherwise, they were faint, blending into his pale skin. It never surprised me that she never mentioned Edward's. It's kind of like Rob says. Bella sees Edward through the eyes of her love for him. She never sees his flaws. Plus Edward would only have one scar, wouldn't he, as would most other vampires, and that scar would be mostly hidden under their clothes unless they specifically showed it off, assuming they were bittin on their neck. But, we know that Bella has a scar where James bit her. Add that to what we are told about the scars by Jasper, that vampire venom is the only thing that can scar vampire skin, and it only follows that Bella's bites should have scarred.

On a whole other topic, I was ECSTATIC last night when ltlrthquk finally updated Giofogach. It is a fantastic beginning of the end for such a fantastic story. It's been a long time waiting, but she made it soooooo worth it.
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
velvet409
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by velvet409 »

Regarding the scars:

Bella was bitten while she was still human. As I understand it, all injuries sustained as a human are healed by the venom during the change. From the Illustrated Guide: "All forms of skin pigmentation--freckles, moles, birthmarks, age marks, scars, and tattoos--disappear during the transformation." Remember that Jasper's scars are all a result of bites he received after he became a vampire. So if Bella were to be bitten by a vampire after her change she would have scars like Jasper does.
Banner by TammyAZ
"Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch."