Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!
Posts: 1531
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:06 am

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Thank you Jaclyn for offering to send it my way. Please do. :)

Jumping in on here on your convo about wip fan fics. Man I had over 200 links to fan fix recs and I have been trying to save them since I have little time to read and so many are getting pulled. Well while looking through them I couldn't believe the amount that is no longer available. I should have written down the titles to check to see if you girls hand them before I deleted the link . Oh well, but I was on a mission to spring clean my puter. It seemed like over half of my recs are still wip that haven't been up dated for awhile some even years. With that being said here I was thinking man I need to hurry to copy all these fan fics on to my flash drive so I can read them at some point only to learn a have only a few that is complete.

Moving on. Has anyone heard anymore from the author of CW&IA?
Image
Banner by TammyAZ

newborntwifan
Wandering Through Town
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:44 pm

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Post by newborntwifan »

Jazz Girl wrote: good gods!! ToV is on my permanent faves list. I can't imagine it not sucking someone in. Honestly, I'd suggest giving it another chapter or two. But, then again, like I said, I love that story so much.
SwanCullen wrote:ToV is soooooooooo good! Caryn said it well. At least try a few more chapters. It is great!
Okay, ladies, since all of your rec's and discussions have led me to so many great fics, I'll take your advice and give it more of a chance! I appreciate the opinions...

VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica
Posts: 642
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:17 pm
Location: Lexing at work.
Contact:

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Post by VolturiGirl »

openfire wrote:I have Purgatory: A Love Story & can send it to you if no one else already has?

Do you mind sending it my way too if it is not too much trouble. I need a new fanfic to read. Thanks.!
Image
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers

SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands
Posts: 1244
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:46 pm
Location: Here there and everywhere
Contact:

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Post by SwanCullen »

Anybody here read How To Win Back The Love Of Your Existence and How To Get Your Balls Back? Well, the author MissyPooh has another FABULOUS story out! Here is all the info:

TITLE: Breaking Away

SUMMARY: AU Breaking Dawn. What if Breaking Dawn had gone a little bit differently? What if there were no baby and Edward changed Bella when they returned from their honeymoon as originally planned? What if Bella didn't have the amazing control that allowed her to essentially skip the frenzied newborn phase? Would things have gone so smoothly? In this version, Bella wakes up, thirsty for blood, only able to remember certain unpleasant memories from her human time with Edward, and struggling with deep-seated feelings of anger. This version tells the story of how things go terribly wrong after Bella's change when she is unable to hide her resentment against some of the Cullen's who have wronged her in the past. Instead of breaking dawn, Bella is anxious to break away.

RATING: M for mature themes, including language and sexual situations.

Here is the link for the story: Breaking Away
Image
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story

VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Posts: 1040
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:02 am
Location: Sparkling in the Sunshine State
Contact:

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Post by VirginiaMay »

SwanCullen wrote:Anybody here read How To Win Back The Love Of Your Existence and How To Get Your Balls Back? Well, the author MissyPooh has another FABULOUS story out! Here is all the info:

TITLE: Breaking Away

SUMMARY: AU Breaking Dawn. What if Breaking Dawn had gone a little bit differently? What if there were no baby and Edward changed Bella when they returned from their honeymoon as originally planned? What if Bella didn't have the amazing control that allowed her to essentially skip the frenzied newborn phase? Would things have gone so smoothly? In this version, Bella wakes up, thirsty for blood, only able to remember certain unpleasant memories from her human time with Edward, and struggling with deep-seated feelings of anger. This version tells the story of how things go terribly wrong after Bella's change when she is unable to hide her resentment against some of the Cullen's who have wronged her in the past. Instead of breaking dawn, Bella is anxious to break away.

RATING: M for mature themes, including language and sexual situations.

Here is the link for the story: Breaking Away
Mmmm.... just from the summary, I'd have to guess this one is definitely not for me. Sounds too much like a full-length "Fan Fix". I like stories like that as one-shots, you know -- taking a single scene and writing it the way you would have had you been in SM's shoes?? However, there's something about taking all of BD and redoing it that just doesn't set well with me. I don't know why, and when you think about that, it's really hypocritical of me considering that "What Drives Her" is an alternate Twilight, but I guess I'm too sympathetic to SM and all the flack she took for BD to begin with. Does that make any sense? (And just FYI- it's really only BD I feel this way about.)

PS- Hi everyone! I've missed this thread & am glad to see you all are still discussing things as they pop up! :wave:

VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica
Posts: 642
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:17 pm
Location: Lexing at work.
Contact:

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Post by VolturiGirl »

SwanCullen wrote:Here is the link for the story: Breaking Away

Breaking Away is an awesome story. I have always thought about (inv ink just in case)Bella not being in control of her blood lust and she and Jasper loosing control because of Bella. This is just the type of story that I wish I could have written had I have writing ability. Thanks for posting this story SwanCullen.
Image
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers

Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire
Posts: 1890
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:40 pm
Location: Norway.

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Post by Dovrebanen »

SwanCullen wrote:Anybody here read How To Win Back The Love Of Your Existence and How To Get Your Balls Back? Well, the author MissyPooh has another FABULOUS story out! Here is all the info:

TITLE: Breaking Away

SUMMARY: AU Breaking Dawn. What if Breaking Dawn had gone a little bit differently? What if there were no baby and Edward changed Bella when they returned from their honeymoon as originally planned? What if Bella didn't have the amazing control that allowed her to essentially skip the frenzied newborn phase? Would things have gone so smoothly? In this version, Bella wakes up, thirsty for blood, only able to remember certain unpleasant memories from her human time with Edward, and struggling with deep-seated feelings of anger. This version tells the story of how things go terribly wrong after Bella's change when she is unable to hide her resentment against some of the Cullen's who have wronged her in the past. Instead of breaking dawn, Bella is anxious to break away.

RATING: M for mature themes, including language and sexual situations.

Here is the link for the story: Breaking Away
This is essentially how I would have loved to see BD go down. Maybe not so much with Bella resenting the Cullens, but to see her with more bloodlust and less in control. I wouldn't want her to be able to go near Jacob or her dad. Because that was the consequence of the choice she made. And I felt BD took a short-cut through all that, and that it was too easy. I think she should have lost control, hopefully not killing anyone, but coming close and really having to deal with the hardships of being a vamp. I'll look into this one, Jennifer :)

Ginnie, I see your point. But for me, feeling a disappointment from Breaking Dawn, it's refreshing to read something that takes on the perspective I think it should have had. I'll still probably always prefer SM's version, though, anyway. Because they are her characters, and she has the right style in her writing.
Image
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~

newborntwifan
Wandering Through Town
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:44 pm

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Post by newborntwifan »

Jazz Girl wrote: good gods!! ToV is on my permanent faves list. I can't imagine it not sucking someone in. Honestly, I'd suggest giving it another chapter or two. But, then again, like I said, I love that story so much.
SwanCullen wrote:ToV is soooooooooo good! Caryn said it well. At least try a few more chapters. It is great!

You girls were sooo right! I'm hooked and loving this fic!! Thank you, thank you!!!


Dovrebanen wrote: This is essentially how I would have loved to see BD go down. Maybe not so much with Bella resenting the Cullens, but to see her with more bloodlust and less in control. I wouldn't want her to be able to go near Jacob or her dad. Because that was the consequence of the choice she made. And I felt BD took a short-cut through all that, and that it was too easy.
I completely agree with you. I was so disappointed when I read BD. That's actually the reason I discovered the lex and then fanfiction. I was looking for some sort of alternative to bring the story closure for me, but after reading several AU's, I discovered some really great AH's, and now I'm completely addicted to fanfic!!!

VirginiaMay wrote: Mmmm.... just from the summary, I'd have to guess this one is definitely not for me. Sounds too much like a full-length "Fan Fix". I like stories like that as one-shots, you know -- taking a single scene and writing it the way you would have had you been in SM's shoes?? However, there's something about taking all of BD and redoing it that just doesn't set well with me. I don't know why, and when you think about that, it's really hypocritical of me considering that "What Drives Her" is an alternate Twilight, but I guess I'm too sympathetic to SM and all the flack she took for BD to begin with. Does that make any sense? (And just FYI- it's really only BD I feel this way about.)

PS- Hi everyone! I've missed this thread & am glad to see you all are still discussing things as they pop up! :wave:
I completely understand and respect your opinion, Ginnie, and I really don't have any hostility toward Stephenie, either. The trajectory of the story just didn't fit with the rest of the saga for me. I'm one of those fans that discovered the saga a few years late, though, so I didn't experience all of the fan reaction as it went down. I think my lack of satisfaction with BD is the entire reason I can't just let go of these characters and put the fanfic down!!

On the other hand, I've read the first three books multiple times and BD only once. I keep thinking I should go back and give it another chance...

missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Posts: 1924
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:38 pm
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Post by missp »

Hello, all! I've been lurking around ever once in a while, but haven't posted here in quite a while. I am working on my second fic right now and haven't started reading any more new fics. I'm absolutely hooked on Virginia May's WDH, but am determined not to start reading anymore WIP until I get my own story, Between Dusk and Dawn a little more progressed and posted. I do have to say that I agree with Ginnie on the BD aspect of fanfic. I'm very loyal to SM's version of BD and that's the reason I enjoy writing the post-BD stories because I just want it to never end. Based on Bella's human character throughout the series, I just don't believe her vampire persona would have ever been anything but controlled. I love human Bella, but VampBella is my favorite to read and write for because I love the power it gives her. Well... I'm on to the HH for a quick post there before doing some writing of my own today! Happy Monday, Y'all!

Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire
Posts: 1890
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:40 pm
Location: Norway.

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Post by Dovrebanen »

newborntwifan wrote: On the other hand, I've read the first three books multiple times and BD only once. I keep thinking I should go back and give it another chance...
Me, too :) I really want to give it another chance. And there are some parts in there that I really like. Wedding, Isle Esme... I haven't really read any fanfics with alternate versions of any the books yet, so this will be something new for me. All I've read have been either AU or AH. Except for the excellent Dark side of the moon.
missp wrote:Based on Bella's human character throughout the series, I just don't believe her vampire persona would have ever been anything but controlled.
I definitely agree with that. They do take their human qualities with them, and I think that Bella was so prepared to become a vampire and knew what to expect, that she would become very good at controlling her urges. But I just think that in the newborn stages, all vampires have less control of themselves than Bella had. Even Carlisle, I would say. While Bella was straight away able to stop herself in the middle of hunting when she caught scent of humans. To me, that seems unlikely based on what we know about how driven newborns are by their instincts. Control for them seems to me to be a learned behavior. So that's why I think it was too much that she was able to spend time with Nessie, Jake and Charlie. Plus I also think that she should have lost something by becoming a vampire. Because that's what becoming a vampire meant, and I think Bella to a very little degree was exposed to the dramatic consequences of her new life.

But I get what you're saying about staying true to the SM's story, and I wouldn't change it, because that's the way she intended it to be. But I like the idea of playing around with it and seeing what could have been.
Image
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~

Post Reply