A thesis discussion--place to discuss thesis papers

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Re: A thesis discussion--place to discuss thesis papers

Post by Openhome »

Your research looks interesting. I am not sure what your focus will be, but I know many members of the Lex would be willing to help out.
TwiAnthropologist
Settled in Forks

Post by TwiAnthropologist »

Thanks so much! I'm focusing on every aspect imagineable about the Twilight phenomenon, so I'll be hopping from board to board observing and making conversation. Looking forward to hanging out here :)
LouiseO
Settled in Forks

Post by LouiseO »

Hi!

Like every other poster on this thread I’m a student doing my thesis on Twilight. I’m focussing on the online fan communities - which got me interested in the Twilight Saga in the first place. If you’ve got a few minutes to help me out with a quick online survey (just 7 questions) I’d be really grateful http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FLYKZQT

Thanks so much,

Louise

P.S. I don’t ask for any information (names / addresses etc) that could identify the survey takers and this is for study purposes only.
TwilightResearcher
Settled in Forks

Post by TwilightResearcher »

Hi

I'm a postgraduate student, currently writing my dissertation. I have decided to explore the cultural phenomenon of the Twilight Saga Movie Franchise and the backlash in the media as to whether it encourages negative stereotypes or positive role models and portrayals of romance. I am a twilight fan and my intention is to get to the heart of this phenomenon and I'd be really interested to hear what you think. So basically if you are willing to help me by doing a questionnaire or interview depending on time constraints and location I would be extremely grateful. Please help me make this the best dissertation ever. I've have posted two links below, the first is Part 1 of the survey and the second is Part 2.

Thank you!

Part 1

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/G8FWMQG

Part 2

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/G833JD6

Please complete both part 1 and part 2 of the survey and spread the word!! Thanks!
TwilightStudy
Settled in Forks

Looking for Female Fans for Online Twilight Study!

Post by TwilightStudy »

Hello female fans of the Twilight book series! We are inviting you to take part in an online study that investigates your general attitudes and beliefs about the characters in the book and about your own life and relationships. The survey will take about 20-30 minutes to complete. To participate, you must meet the following requirements:

1. You are female
2. You are currently romantically attached (i.e. you are dating someone, in a relationship, or married).
3. You have read all four Twilight series books at least once.
4. You have proficiency in the English language.

If you meet the above requirements, we invite you to follow this link to participate https://www.psychdata.com/s.asp?SID=136761 . Please feel free to share this link with other female Twilight fans that you know that meet the above criteria.

If you have any questions or comments regarding the study or would like more information, please email Melinda Morgan at [email protected]

As fans ourselves, we are very much looking forward to getting participants from Twilight Lexicon as this is a really great place for fans to get together!

All the best and hope you'll take part:),

Melinda Morgan, M.A.
Andrew Lumb, M.A.
Celine Blanchard, PhD

School of Psychology
University of Ottawa
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

Post by The girlie-wolf »

What twilight means for me?....
Twilight is an escape for me. Whenever I'm upset I just open the book. I think that I may be having a bad day but Bella is being hunted by vampires. Of course she don't even exist but it feels good to know that there is someone, real or made up, that has bigger problems. And I know that there is always a happy ending. No matter what happens in the middle everyhting is good in the end. And so it means that no matter how big the problem is it can be fixed.

How it affects my life?.....
Twilight opened me to a brand new genre of books that is now my favorite. When Twilight the movie came out I didn't want to see it cuz I was scared of vampires. And now.... :lol:

What I have learned from it.
Twilight made me feel better about myself. That no matter how I look like there will always be someone who will love me. That I'm unique in my own way just like Bella is.

Sorry about the English.
Shai~ on the ListV2! ~Bunches of teams~ Team Quil-Alpha
Twilightresearch
Settled in Forks

Post by Twilightresearch »

Research on Twilight travel and use of social media

My name is Christine Lundberg and I represent a group of Swedish tourism researchers from Mid Sweden University’s European Tourism Research Institute (ETOUR), the Center for Tourism, University of Gothenburg and the University of Boras.

We are researching the extent and nature of Twilight related travelling and the use of social media among the Twilight community. We are currently conducting a websurvey which is distributed via Twilight-related blogs/communities. We would be very thankful if you would consider taking the time to complete the survey, the link is:

https://www.netigate.se/s.asp?s=30274X4140

Did we mention that we are all Twilight fans? No harm in combining work and pleasure, right? ;)

I would like to stress that this research is only for academic, non-commercial purposes.

Please don't hesitate to contact us (Christine.Lundberg[at]miun.se) if you have any questions regarding the survey or our research!

Thank you in advance!

Christine Lundberg (PhD)
Maria Lexhagen (PhD)
TwilightStudy
Settled in Forks

Re: Looking for Female Fans for Online Twilight Study!

Post by TwilightStudy »

TwilightStudy wrote:Hello female fans of the Twilight book series! We are inviting you to take part in an online study that investigates your general attitudes and beliefs about the characters in the book and about your own life and relationships. The survey will take about 20-30 minutes to complete. To participate, you must meet the following requirements:

1. You are female
2. You are currently romantically attached (i.e. you are dating someone, in a relationship, or married).
3. You have read all four Twilight series books at least once.
4. You have proficiency in the English language.

If you meet the above requirements, we invite you to follow this link to participate https://www.psychdata.com/s.asp?SID=136761 . Please feel free to share this link with other female Twilight fans that you know that meet the above criteria.

If you have any questions or comments regarding the study or would like more information, please email Melinda Morgan at [email protected]

As fans ourselves, we are very much looking forward to getting participants from Twilight Lexicon as this is a really great place for fans to get together!

All the best and hope you'll take part:),

Melinda Morgan, M.A.
Andrew Lumb, M.A.
Celine Blanchard, PhD

School of Psychology
University of Ottawa
Hi Everyone, just to let you know, the survey is still online and will be for the next two weeks. We hope you can take part!!:)
twilightgraduate
Settled in Forks

Post by twilightgraduate »

Heya,

I'm doing a presentation at my university all about teenage subcultures and cultural phenomenon and I am focusing on the Twilight saga becuase it is my favourite collection of books and films. I was just wondering if anyone had 5 minutes to spare to help me out? I would be so grateful! It's only 5 questions and I can pm you so it would be totally private!

Hope to talk to you soon.

TwiGrad x.

I'd never given much thought to how I would die. But dying in place of someone I love, seems like a good way to go.
face10
Settled in Forks

Post by face10 »

Hi! I'm an undergrad student doing a research paper on the reading habits of Twilight readers and I've created a survey as part of my primary research. It's only 7 questions long and it's completely anonymous and I DESPERATELY need people to take it because I have a draft due pretty soon. So please help a poor, tired undergrad out and take my survey! It's painless, I promise! Here's the link to the survey if you want to check it out (and hopefully take it):

http://www.kwiksurveys.com/online-surve ... K_3baf41ac

-Face