Preface

Our chapter by chapter discussion of Breaking Dawn.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Re: Preface

Post by navarre »

Alphie wrote:1. As usual, the preface hints that Bella is facing death. Did you think she would escape again, or did you think this time would be for real?

2. Bella says that she loves the person killing her. Who did you think she was talking about?

1) I thought she would escape. She did not come this far only to die.

2) At first I thought it might have been Edward as he was turning her. Then I thought it could have been Jacob, because she was turned and he saw her as the enemy. Then later, reading the book, I realized she was talking about Renesmee and the violent birth that almost killed her.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
dazzleme99
Settled in Forks

Post by dazzleme99 »

1. As usual, the preface hints that Bella is facing death. Did you think she would escape again, or did you think this time would be for real?

i figured she'd get out of it, again. if bella died, i don't know if i could handle it.

2. Bella says that she loves the person killing her. Who did you think she was talking about?

i figured it was edward, of course.
Instead of being the A/V dweeb about to ask the head cheerleader to the prom, I was the finished-second-place werewolf about to ask the vampire’s wife to shack up and procreate. Nice.
Elisabeth33
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Elisabeth33 »

1. As usual, the preface hints that Bella is facing death. Did you think she would escape again, or did you think this time would be for real?
I'm a pessimist, I thought every time she was facing death it was for real.

I had no idea.
loveisblind
Settled in Forks

Post by loveisblind »

I was hoping she would escape again, I honestly didn't think that this time it would be for real. Bella's strong, she's escaped every other of her near-death experiences (with the help of Edward), though I was scared that this time would be an exception, after all, Bella is very klutzy.

Smack-bam; Edward. Straight away, my reaction was Edward. Bella would do anything for Edward, even sacrifice herself for him. I sure wasn't expecting what was really going on here.
<3<3<3
Settled in Forks

Post by <3<3<3 »

1) haha, very usual indeed! it was a very odd preface I think, though. It had an edge to it.

2) I started freaking out it might be Edward, but i doubted it. Edward is to, amazing? yes, that's the word ;]
Lydia
Settled in Forks

Post by Lydia »

I was sure, that she'd survive. I mean c'mon; killing the maincharacter after all she's been through? Talk about anticlimax. And I think Stephenie could not do that to Bella and Edward.

Wow, I noticed many thought that the "killer" was Edward! Honestly, I did not suspect him, not for second... I didn't think it was Jacob either... I was a little confused after I had read the preface, but as the story went on, it became clearer by the chapter.
Wannabe Cullen since 2006

Sorry 'bout my english, it's kinda clumsy...But so is Bella, so who cares x'D
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

Of course she wouldn't escape, nor did she want to, nervous though she may be, because she was talking about death by vampirization, not the other, more final death.
Edward, because he was the one who would vampirize her...
Lieziewiezie wrote:
KaylaMarieBlack7 wrote:1. As usual, the preface hints that Bella is facing death. Did you think she would escape again, or did you think this time would be for real?
I thought Maybe it would be Victoria or something since she has always been trying to come after her and everything.

Well, I was thinking that it would be Edward. I don't think she loves victoria. And I didn't know who else could be killing her that she loves.
Victoria got killed, ripped apart and every single piece was burned by Edward and Seth in Eclipse (which makes for vampires to not be able to putt themselves back together)? In the whole attac of the newborns thing?
So I don't see how Victoria would come up in Breaking Dawn again?
Thank you for that... I was about to go into an uproar and question whether anyone in this thread had actually read any of the books or had any idea what was going on, and you pre-empted me... I would hate to have had to be rude..
=)...
Last edited by SenorGimp on Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

oops, didn't mean to double-dip, will edit last post appropriately
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
Zephyrus
Settled in Forks

Post by Zephyrus »

I had no doubt she would live. Well, live as a vampire, anyway. ^_^;; I didn't think Stephanie would kill her main character after all that. Plus, if Bella died, Edward would most likely try to get himself killed again, and that would be a very weak ending.

I though she meant Edward, honestly. >_<;; I didn't think he'd turned on her, I just thought that he lost control when trying to turn her into a vampire, and Bella was thinking she would be sucked dry and die. ^_^;;
twilightfan4ever2009
Settled in Forks

Post by twilightfan4ever2009 »

I knew that she would live because she is the main character.

I knew that Edward would never kill her, so I thought that she could be pregant but i thougth it was impossible for her to be pregnat so i did not go in to deatail about what it could mean.
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb.