Preface to Book III

Our chapter by chapter discussion of Breaking Dawn.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Preface to Book III

Post by Tornado »

1. Bella is facing down the Volturi in battle. She talks about “we’re going to die.” When you first read this, who do you feel is with her?
The Cullens and the wolves.

2. The numbers are not in Bella’s favor. How many Volturi did you imagine were then, when you first read this chapter? Any particular Volturi did you think were there?
I thought it was likely to be a hunting party, certainly, definitely containing Jane and Alec and probably Felix as well.

3. As Bella’s panic rises, she her thoughts go to the “precious one.” Who do you think is her “precious one” that she is guarding from the Volturi?
The baby.

4. The burst of light causes Bella’s feelings to change. What do you feel is that burst of light? What would change Bella’s perception?
I think the perception itself was the burst of light, and the realisation of how she had changed.

5. When you reach the end, Bella is preparing to attack. What were your feelings when you first read this? What predictions, fears, and theories did you have at this point?
I felt that it was going to be one hell of a battle. As to what form this battle would take, I was unsure.
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Preface to Book III

Post by Brienna »

1. Bella is facing down the Volturi in battle. She talks about “we’re going to die.” When you first read this, who do you feel is with her?
Edward, maybe the entire Cullen Family

2. The numbers are not in Bella’s favor. How many Volturi did you imagine were then, when you first read this chapter? Any particular Volturi did you think were there?
Not much, the same delegation as in Eclipse, I figured.

3. As Bella’s panic rises, her thoughts go to the “precious one.” Who do you think is her “precious one” that she is guarding from the Volturi?
Her baby off course.

4. The burst of light causes Bella’s feelings to change. What do you feel is that burst of light? What would change Bella’s perception?
No idea at this point...

5. When you reach the end, Bella is preparing to attack. What were your feelings when you first read this? What predictions, fears, and theories did you have at this point?
No! Don't do it!