Chapter 25: Favor

Our chapter by chapter discussion of Breaking Dawn.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Re: Chapter 25: Favor

Post by SwanCullen »

1. Were you surprised that Jacob actually phased in front of Charlie?
I go back and forth on this one. In the fact that this let out the secret of the Wolves, yes. If Charlie wasnt such a strong man, then this could have backfired on Jacob and the rest of the Pack(s). many lives could have been ruined. On the other hand, it was a way that he could somewhat tell Charlie what was going on without letting the secret out about the Cullens, and keeping Renesmee in his live for a while longer.

2. Given the self-control Bella has shown since becoming a vampire, were you surprised by her physical reaction to Charlie
Not at all. I figured that Charlie would probably be really delicious and tempting to her. After all, she is his flesh and blood (or was I guess :lol: ) Which leads me to believe that if Edward parents were to have still been living, he would have the same reaction to them.

3. Bella does a lot of worrying in this chapter. Are her concerns founded? Is worrying a productive emotion?
Of course they are, noone can say what worries a person isn't right. I don't think it is productive however because it can stress her out and could have made things so much worse.

4. Has Jacob, in fact, done the Cullens a favor or has he put Charlie and the rest of Forks in danger from Bella if the Cullens don’t leave?
I think he has done them a favor. The only way I could see the danger was if Bella did not have all the self-control that she possesed.

5. Charlie wants to be included in Bella’s life, but clearly doesn’t want too many details. Do you think Charlie will eventually want more information? If someone close to you was keeping a secret, for your own good, would you be content not to know or would you ask questions until it was all out in the open?
I think he will. For now he is content because it is all new to him. Give him 4 or 5 years and things are going to be a lot tougher. He knows that Nessie grows rapidly, but soon she will halt growing and he will see that Bella and everyone else isn't. The wheels will start turning in his head soon. I would ask questions, as I would wonder what was so bad they had to keep a secret.
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
Gochiruzeru
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Gochiruzeru »

Yes, incredibly.

2. Given the self-control Bella has shown since becoming a vampire, were you surprised by her physical reaction to Charlie?

Nope.

3. Bella does a lot of worrying in this chapter. Are her concerns founded? Is worrying a productive emotion?

I think she has good reason to worry for Charlie, but worrying isn't exactly productive...

4. Has Jacob, in fact, done the Cullens a favor or has he put Charlie and the rest of Forks in danger from Bella if the Cullens don’t leave?

I think he did them a favor... It's good for Charlie to know what's going on in Bella's life, instead of being completely ignorant of it. Plus, it's not like Charlie would tell anyone else.

5. Charlie wants to be included in Bella’s life, but clearly doesn’t want too many details. Do you think Charlie will eventually want more information? If someone close to you was keeping a secret, for your own good, would you be content not to know or would you ask questions until it was all out in the open?

Nah, I think Charlie will be pretty satisfied with what little he knows. I'm sure that he's probably filled in the blanks himself, anyway. However, if it were me, I would be asking tons and tons of questions.
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

I thought it was damn stupid of him to do it, but not that surprising when you think about Jake's impulsive, thoughtless nature.

2. Given the self-control Bella has shown since becoming a vampire, were you surprised by her physical reaction to Charlie?
No, it was natural. What wasn't natural was that she kept to her seat.

I think it's understandable, as her concerns are very serious ones, but worrying isn't all that productive, no.

Jacob did something incredibly risky. It is ironic that he criticised Edward for allowing Bella to think that she could be near Charlie "Charlie seems like a strange choice for her first meal" but as soon as it's to his benefit, he's all for it. Yes, she clearly has more control than other newborns, but it was still very risky, and it only worked because Bella was strong, not because he did the right thing.

I think that Charlie will take what he can get and be happy with that. Now, Renee is another question, and one that will need to be dealt with down the track. She's not going to be satisfied with no visits and no information.
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

Yes! I did not see that one coming!

No, I wasn't surprised. It's a natural reaction, her self-control is being tested -again-.

Maybe worrying isn't a productive emotion, but I do think her concerns are founded.

He has definitely put Charlie in danger, but not in danger from Bella, more from the Volturi.

I would want to know everything, but I can believe Charlie wouldn't want to know.