Chapter 32: Company

Our chapter by chapter discussion of Breaking Dawn.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Chapter 32: Company

Post by Alphie »

Una helped us out, yet again, with these questions!

1. What do you think about the Romanian vampires? Will they help or hinder what the Cullens are trying to do since they obviously eager seek to see the Volturi defeated. The Romanians mention that people are talking, who do you think are spreading the word of what is going on?

2. We know that Bella and Jacob are having a hard time accepting the hunting arrangements for the non-vegetarian vampires. How do you think Sam and the rest of the pack are handling it? Do you think the Cullens had to discuss this with the Pack or did they leave it to Jacob? How were they able to make this arrangement?

3. It had appeared that Alice and Jasper had abandoned the family; however, with the arrival of not only Peter and Charlotte but Zafrina and Senna, do you think they are working on saving the family? What do you suppose their keeping Kachiri means? What did you suppose Jasper and Alice were doing when first reading this chapter?

4. It seems the Volturi isn’t the only coven to “rule” the vampires. It seems they took this position by overthrowing the Romanian coven. What do you think about this? How long do you think vampires have been around and coven wars been going on?

5. What do you make of Bella’s progress in fighting and expanding her gift? Do you approve of Kate’s way of providing Bella with incentives? Do you think Bella will be ready for the showdown with the Volturi? What do you sense from Edward’s refusal to train Bella? What was he really afraid of?
Hyvanna
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter 32: Company

Post by Hyvanna »

1. What do you think about the Romanian vampires? Will they help or hinder what the Cullens are trying to do since they obviously eager seek to see the Volturi defeated. The Romanians mention that people are talking, who do you think are spreading the word of what is going on?

That they would hinder, because the Cullens wants the Volturi to stop an hear them out, the Romanians straight out just want a fight. People working for the Volturi

2. We know that Bella and Jacob are having a hard time accepting the hunting arrangements for the non-vegetarian vampires. How do you think Sam and the rest of the pack are handling it? Do you think the Cullens had to discuss this with the Pack or did they leave it to Jacob? How were they able to make this arrangement?

No verry good you know the pack wants to tear into the vampires but cant because they are there helping protect Nessie. The left it for Jacob to inform the rest of the wolves. The Cullens lent out their cars an most the vampires hunted out of state.

3. It had appeared that Alice and Jasper had abandoned the family; however, with the arrival of not only Peter and Charlotte but Zafrina and Senna, do you think they are working on saving the family? What do you suppose their keeping Kachiri means? What did you suppose Jasper and Alice were doing when first reading this chapter?

Yes of course still helping to saveing the family even if they cant be there. I had no Idea I thought maybe Alice saw something bad and I didnt know what Kachiri's gift was. :oops: (guess I missed where she wrote what it was :oops: ) I thought they was gathering people to help the family as they ran.

4. It seems the Volturi isn’t the only coven to “rule” the vampires. It seems they took this position by overthrowing the Romanian coven. What do you think about this? How long do you think vampires have been around and coven wars been going on?

That maybe the Volturi takeing over wasn't such a bad thing the Volturis yes they lie an cover up what they want, witch is the same thing the Romanians want. I think if the Romanians was still in "Power" the Cullens would have been slaughted for the same reason the Volturi fear them "strange coven of weird vampires with powerfull gifts an they wont join us" the Romaians would NOT have waited for an excuse, nomatter rip, burn, wave to the crowd an walk off.
Way longer then 1500 years :lol: sence the Earth was formed.

5. What do you make of Bella’s progress in fighting and expanding her gift? Do you approve of Kate’s way of providing Bella with incentives? Do you think Bella will be ready for the showdown with the Volturi? What do you sense from Edward’s refusal to train Bella? What was he really afraid of?

I thought it was good she wanted to learn to fight an expand her gift. Yes approved cause I thought it would take something major for Bella to discover the trueness of her gift. Noone is ever read for a showdown,, As ready as she ever would be.... I thought Edward didnt want her to have to fight an seeing Bella fight an seeing her as attacker or a victom I thought he would not like that thought at all an a small part of him it may remind him of when he first met her an he Did want to attack her that might sadden him to think about what almost happen. loseing her
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

1. What do you think about the Romanian vampires? Will they help or hinder what the Cullens are trying to do since they obviously eager seek to see the Volturi defeated. The Romanians mention that people are talking, who do you think are spreading the word of what is going on? I found them interesting, but for the most part I didn't think they would really help the Cullens cause after hearing ther story & they want to take the power back from the Volturi. I would think that the people talking would be those who have heard of the Cullens plight & don't want to help.

2. We know that Bella and Jacob are having a hard time accepting the hunting arrangements for the non-vegetarian vampires. How do you think Sam and the rest of the pack are handling it? Do you think the Cullens had to discuss this with the Pack or did they leave it to Jacob? How were they able to make this arrangement? As long as they go off & don't hunt around Forks of the Quillete lands they'd be okay. I would think the Cullens would have gone & spoke w/the pac about it to let them know that's what's going to be happening.

3. It had appeared that Alice and Jasper had abandoned the family; however, with the arrival of not only Peter and Charlotte but Zafrina and Senna, do you think they are working on saving the family? What do you suppose their keeping Kachiri means? What did you suppose Jasper and Alice were doing when first reading this chapter? I figured they were doing what they could to help. I had no idea what keeping Kachiri meant.

4. It seems the Volturi isn’t the only coven to “rule” the vampires. It seems they took this position by overthrowing the Romanian coven. What do you think about this? How long do you think vampires have been around and coven wars been going on? I would think vampires have been around for thousands of years & when you have people & those who want power wars would be going on, so I'd say as long as vampires have been around.

5. What do you make of Bella’s progress in fighting and expanding her gift? Do you approve of Kate’s way of providing Bella with incentives? Do you think Bella will be ready for the showdown with the Volturi? What do you sense from Edward’s refusal to train Bella? What was he really afraid of? I think it's cool how Bella's learning to use her gift, but I don't think Bella will really be ready for the showdown. I think Kate's incentives are good & bad,I don't want her doing that to Renesmee, but I can see why she would do that because a mother will protect her child at any cost. I think Edward doens't want to help her train is because even though they have a plan, he's probably thinking this whole time that they are doomed & that Bella and daughter are going to die. And it would be hard to look at someone you love like Edward does Bella & try to imagine killing them.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

i didn't think they would be of much use. they were too eager to overthrow the volturi. i dont think they were there for the same reasons the other vampires were. if it came down to it, they probably wouldnt mind if someone was sacrificed to bring the volturi down.

i think the cullens probably explained that everyone had to hunt outside of the borders and given that they all wanted to stay and defend Nessie, they agreed. i'm sure this put sam's mind to rest. he seemed to trust the cullens and vampires more in BD. i feel bad for jacob and bella, thinking about it, but it was nessecary for everyone to stay.

i was like "Yeah!! they havent abandoned us after all!" i was sure they were helping at the cullen at this point, what else would they be doing? i was jumping up and down in my seat at the news of peter and charlotte and the keeping of Kachiri. it had to mean something.

i think the volturi have reinged the longest out of the line of vampire rulers. i'm sure there were some before them and its probably been going on since forever. im not sure what else to add to this topic! :roll:

i think its good that bella was expanding her gift. i did not approve of how kate pushed bella with nessie and stuff, but it was probably nessecary. edward doesn't want to hurt bella, even thought shes a vampre, but he's just like that. ;)
Betting on Alice.
misskiley

Post by misskiley »

The Romanians are kind of different. They seem like they could help the Cullens incase it does come to a fight because they hate the Volturi so much and obviously they don't care about Renesmee. Hopefully they won't start any problems once the Voltrui do show up. And about them hearing about it,.. that's just how things go. I'm sure as the Cullens were getting word out, not everyone came to the house and have talked to other vampires.

I'm sure they left it to Jacob, though I'm sure Edward or Carlisle would have had no probably speaking to Sam about it. I'm sure the pack is taking it a lot harder than Jacob, since he is the one who imprinted on Renesmee and not the others.

Hm,.. it seemed they were traveling very far away and not stopping even though there would be no need for them to continue traveling until after the battle when the Volturi would come looking for them. It seems Alice is up to something and maybe Kachiri has some special gift that helps them.

It appears they have been going on for a very very very very very long time. I was surprised that the Volturi weren't the first ones to rule,.. I thought maybe they had just of been the first ones to do so. It seems the vampires are a lot more complex.

I think Edward stated exactly what was up with him,.. he didn't like imagining her as a target,.. to hurt her. That is probably very painful to do so when the Volturi so soon and she will be the real target. I am surprised by this turn of events of Bella being able to protect her family,.. very surprising. I think Kate did the right thing, the only thing that is going to push her to the extreme is taking extreme risks.. She had the right idea,.. and plus I doubt Edward would ever of let Kate actually shock Renesmee.
Gochiruzeru

Post by Gochiruzeru »

They seem kind of shady, but they're okay. They probably would have been helpful during the fight.

They probably left it to Jacob, and Jacob probably had a way of getting them to accept it.

I already knew...

It doesn't surprise me -- most sources of power are corrupted, anyway.

I think it's good that Bella is able to use her gift effectively, and I think she would have been ready. However, I think it's dumb that Edward won't train her -- he needs to stop being so overprotective, she's not human anymore...
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

I thought they were pretty creepy. Very much traditional vampire stuff. I thought they would probably help if it came to a fight, but sneak away if anything else happened. I think other vampires, probably who encountered Jasper and Alice or had heard through other friends of Carlisle's, had spread the word.

I think they probably just had to say "It's got to be done". They probably reminded them that this was only temporary, and that if they didn't stop the Volturi, the pack would be wiped out and their people in danger, at least until other sons could grow and take their place, assuming there was anyone left of an age to pass on the gene.

I always knew that Alice and Jasper hadn't abandoned them. I knew they were doing something. I thought it might have been something to do with finding out more about Renesmee because of their location.

I don't think its surprising. We knew from the battles with the newborns that Jasper described that there were feuds between covens. I didn't really speculate on it at the time, but it wasn't surprising to discover that there have always been feuds.

What Kate did was a little dangerous, given Bella's age, but I could see from the first why she was doing it. I thought that Bella's progress was significant enough for her to make a good contribution. I thought Edward's refusal to train Bella was pretty much for the reason he gave - he couldn't bear to attack her, especially as it made him think that others might do that to her soon, and that he might be incapacitated and unable to stop them.
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

As long as they keep a profile, they can help, just by being there, it will show the Volturi more numbers. I think the Volturi are spreading the word, they want everyone to know.

I think they left it up to Jake. They all know that, in order to survive, this arrangement had to be made, even though they don't like it.

I didn't know what they were doing, but I knew they were still helping the family in any way they could.

Both: forever.

Yes, I approve of what Kate did, they needed something that would really help. I think Edward didn't want to train Bella because he didn't want to consider the possibility that a fight would be necessary.