Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Riddalyn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: New Moon~ The movie

Post by Riddalyn »

It's going to be really hard for me to watch Jasper attack Bella at the birthday party. He is one of my favorite characters in the whole series (Bella, Edward, and Jacob aside), and to see him lose control and become so ashamed of himself will kill me inside. :(

But I think this book will translate extremely well into a movie, perhaps the best of any of the four books (Twilight included).
I'm excited to watch as Bella and Jacob's friendship grows and Jacob's love for her becomes more apparent. I'm excited to watch her try to ride a motorcycle, that ought to be hilarious. And I'm eager to see how Kristen manages that which we know will be so hard, portraying the way Bella felt when Edward left her. I'm sure there's not a single person who read the books that wasn't literally feeling Bella's pain (I know I needed to hold myself together), and I hope that the people in the theater can feel that too (not saying I want anybody miserable, but ya know).
Team Jake - Because I Can Take The HEAT
thomasb2
Settled in Forks

Post by thomasb2 »

Im so excited for the New Moon movie. Im a little curious.... how they are gonna work out the whole alice showing up at the end thing when they didn't develop her and bella's friendship in the twilight movie?
melting into you
Learning to Love Green

Post by melting into you »

I am so excited!!!! There is so many amazing scenes in NM. I'm really looking forward with tissues in hand when he leaves her. I want to see Jaspe attack. I want to see Bella in all her glory of the motorcyle to the jumping off the cliff, to Jacob really falling in love... to... the ending!!! Oh please let there be Eclipse. I'm beggin'
nafereti
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Location: roll'n wit the turtles, run'n wit the wolves & Taylor's Left Pec

Post by nafereti »

Super Excited!! I was waiting for New Moon to come put before Twilight did....LOL
I hope New Moon keeps most of the events the same with the book.

But it's gonna be weird for all those who haven't read the book. Because in the Twilight movie, they didn't really develop Alice and Bella's friendship. And they didn't really show the Cullens that much and tell their stories. So to jump right into NM and having Esme & Alice love Bella like a family member is going to be confusing.

I can't wait to see the scene where Edward leaves Bella. I cried when I read the book. And if they don't bring me to tears on the big screen, I'm going to be pissed. Because I cried when Bella left Charlie in Twilight, and in the movie, it was so rushed that I didn't even have time to process what was happening.

I'm looking forward to Bella's hallucinations of Edward's voice. The Port Angeles part with Jessica, Riding the motorcycle with Jacob, jumping off the cliff. I really like these parts of NM.

I'm excited for the Wolf Pack to come to life. Twilight (the movie) had Sam and Embry in it, but I was disappointed in Sam. I thought he was suppose to be a werewolf already, and he was suppose to be in shorts and a tank top. He was wearing a coat...wtf? And the way he said, "you got that right" or "the Cullens are not welcome here." (Something like that.) I was like...how weak!! Sam is suppose to say it with that rough, hard voice.

And of course, I'm totally looking forward to Jacob and Bella's relationship develop into kid friends to best friends and almost something more. I love the part when Bella goes to La Push and finds Quil all sad. Then Jacob comes and is so rough on her. Then he goes to her house at night and tells her to remember the stories. They HAVE to keep this part in the movie.

Wow, I can keep going cause there are soo many good parts. But I'll stop here...LOL
I just can't wait!!
Last edited by nafereti on Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team Turtle//Skank Pack-Tay's L.Pec//Dork Squad-SuperSonicSamoan
TEAM TAYCOB WEBSITE: http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
jlbower79
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by jlbower79 »

thomasb2 wrote:Im so excited for the New Moon movie. Im a little curious.... how they are gonna work out the whole alice showing up at the end thing when they didn't develop her and bella's friendship in the twilight movie?
i bet at the beginning of New moon they'll show them being all close from the bond they have really developed over the summer....
is CRYING over her "Doesn't anyone ♥ ME?" button.
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER *DRIVER*
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

jlbower79 wrote:
thomasb2 wrote:Im so excited for the New Moon movie. Im a little curious.... how they are gonna work out the whole alice showing up at the end thing when they didn't develop her and bella's friendship in the twilight movie?
i bet at the beginning of New moon they'll show them being all close from the bond they have really developed over the summer....
Agreed. There's definitely a little bit before "The End" in New Moon where you see her and Alice's friendship... they sit together at lunch and Alice is all excited about her birthday. I think they will take that time to show how their relationship has progressed.
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
brianna_cullen
Wandering Through Town

Post by brianna_cullen »

OMG!!! I can't wait for the New Moon movie!!! But, at the same time, I really don't want to sit through a whole 2 hour movie that doesn't have Edward and the other Cullens in it. :cry: But, it will be so romantic when he proposes to her!!! OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!!!!!! But again, we have to wait about another year. I wish that they had all of them done already!!! Rock on Robert Pattinson!!! ;)
Edward can bruise me anyday.

brianna_cullen
Wandering Through Town

Post by brianna_cullen »

Oh, and you all are so right! :o I want to see their friendship progress even further. They didn't have enough Alice in the movie. But i did love it when they showed jasper, with his buggin' out eyes. 8-)
Edward can bruise me anyday.

teamj123
Settled in Forks

Post by teamj123 »

the definatley should no have rob patts in the new moon movie, i agree with you. the whole point of new moon is to feel the pain she goes through without edward and to show how her relationship with jacob takes the next level. and i love jacob, if they make the movie more edward than jacob i will be really dissapointed.
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

brianna_cullen wrote:OMG!!! I can't wait for the New Moon movie!!! But, at the same time, I really don't want to sit through a whole 2 hour movie that doesn't have Edward and the other Cullens in it. :cry: But, it will be so romantic when he proposes to her!!! OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!!!!!! But again, we have to wait about another year. I wish that they had all of them done already!!! Rock on Robert Pattinson!!! ;)

He proposes to her page. 460 in Eclipse not New moon
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3