Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
UnfreakinBelievable
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: New Moon~ The movie

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

nikie_nikz wrote:
UnfreakinBelievable wrote:I can't even express how excited I am for New Moon!! YAY!

I don't know if this has been posted, but there is a fan-made New Moon Trailer on You Tube that is very well done and it gets me all giddy for the movie!! :D

Check it out here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsghUBi81qY
That was EPIC! My gosh. It looked so official! I can't wait to see New Moon! This just made my yearning worse, and my patience grow thin.
Gah, I know!! *tapping fingers impatiently*

LOL
UnfreakinBelievable
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

nikie_nikz wrote:BTW, I think it's official that Q'orianka Kilcher will be playing Emily Young in New Moon. Solomon Trimble (Sam Uley) had a picture with her with a caption that read, "...". The picture has since been removed. I wonder why... :lol: They probably told him to remove it till they made the statement for the official cast. There goes my chances of auditioning for the role. Ha!
I looked her up on IMDB, she's beautiful!! I can totally see her as Emily -- can't wait to see what they do with the scar on her face.

Eh, nothing is set in stone yet -- go for it!! Audition for Emily!
katyc
Settled in Forks

Post by katyc »

ok, soooo i juust wanted to let everyone know in case this hasn't been talked about that the writer for twilight has been RE-HIRED to do new moon. rob pattinson said that the new moon script is already done! i don't know about you guys, but this makes me VERY VERY VERY nervous considering how much she cut out of twilight. i mean, i don't care if the movie didn't follow the book exactly, but they didn't even keep the intensity of the romance between edward and bella or any of the relationships--they just focused on making it appeal to larger audiences with action sequences and "cool" scenes, but they just shot themselves in the foot because the true fans--the ones that basically donated 70 million this weekend--wanted the original love story.

i am so nervous and would love if they fired her and got a new writer...and director.

sorry, i had to vent...
KaylaMarieBlack7
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by KaylaMarieBlack7 »

I am pretty stoked for the New Moon movie. I thought that they did a good job with Twilight. And I want to see how Kristen acts out being so heartbroken, that should be interesting. I also want to see how Taylor will play Jacob. He did a pretty good in Twilight, thought he wasn't in it much. The phasing is something that would be pretty awesome to see too. I just hope its not lame like Edward sparkling in the sun. I didn't think they did a good job with that at all. Not what I pictured.
I ♥ Jacob Black.
Ever since New Moon. =]
nikie_nikz
Wandering Through Town

Post by nikie_nikz »

KaylaMarieBlack7 wrote:I just hope its not lame like Edward sparkling in the sun. I didn't think they did a good job with that at all. Not what I pictured.
I agree with you there. I laughed out loud when Edward stepped into the sun light. He turned into a hologram. LOL. NOT what I expected. It just looked so... CHEAP. He wasn't even really shimmering either. I could put MAC shimmering powder on myself, and glisten diamonds more than he did in the movie.
"What fools these mortals be!"
KaylaMarieBlack7
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by KaylaMarieBlack7 »

Exactly. Thats why I hope the phasing doesn't end up like that. That would be just horrible. I'm looking forward to seeing more Jacob though. =]
I ♥ Jacob Black.
Ever since New Moon. =]
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

UnfreakinBelievable wrote:I can't even express how excited I am for New Moon!! YAY!

I don't know if this has been posted, but there is a fan-made New Moon Trailer on You Tube that is very well done and it gets me all giddy for the movie!! :D

Check it out here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsghUBi81qY
I actuyally laughed. I love that fans can have fun. I am so impressed at whomever created that, becasuse I can not.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

It's funny to read all your comments, guys...and the New Moon has just began: we really are Twilight addicts :mrgreen:
Anyway, I was thinking about the fact that Edward is absent for most of the book. I agree with all of you regarding the fact that this absence should be seen in the movie to underline Bella's dark period but...if you walk in the producers' shoes, they perfectly know Rob is one of the main attractions in the movie. We know the fans will go to see the movie for the storie and not just to see Edward on screen, but in the eyes of the producers there are just millions of screaming fans out there, drooling as soon as Pattinson is on screen. Besides, in Hollywood movies, they tend to keep the main characters on scree, even if they're not participating in the plot...that's why I think they'll show us screencaps of Edward wandering through South American and brooding. Just some images, nothing too big I presume, but I bet it'll be there...Hollywood movies are very predictable and, unfortunately, with the first movie success the Twilight's franchise has risen to the status of Hollywood Blockbuster.
This can be good because they'll have a greater budget and this means they'll make proper special effects, especially with the phasing of the wolves. But this can also be bad because they can slip into the some horrible teen movies cliches. I loved Hardwicke's direction because she managed to keep Twilight away from those cliches, using corageous filming perspectives and devices...I personally loved what she and the screenwriter did. I hope they'll both work on New Moon.

Sorry if this was long :roll:
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

katyc wrote:ok, soooo i juust wanted to let everyone know in case this hasn't been talked about that the writer for twilight has been RE-HIRED to do new moon. rob pattinson said that the new moon script is already done! i don't know about you guys, but this makes me VERY VERY VERY nervous considering how much she cut out of twilight. i mean, i don't care if the movie didn't follow the book exactly, but they didn't even keep the intensity of the romance between edward and bella or any of the relationships--they just focused on making it appeal to larger audiences with action sequences and "cool" scenes, but they just shot themselves in the foot because the true fans--the ones that basically donated 70 million this weekend--wanted the original love story.

i am so nervous and would love if they fired her and got a new writer...and director.

sorry, i had to vent...
I could not agree with you more, katyc
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

That screenwriter has written both New Moon and Eclipse!!! I still wish that they read her script and have SM read them and makes sure that she didn't cut out some crucial scenes and added stupid ones in both. They need a better writer. That woman was just bad!!!