Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
amandaxcullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: New Moon~ The movie

Post by amandaxcullen »

Along with the concern with the wolves and everything I hope this time when they're running they don't have that stupid streak or whatever that was behind them. They're supposed to be so fast you can't see them so why don't they just make them like blink, if you know what I mean like show up where they 'ran' to.
That would be a lot better.
Team Jacob!
Because a space heater has more potential than a rock.
shygirl1

Post by shygirl1 »

soozabooza54 wrote:It is a ton of money - but think about how much it costs to live the Hollywood lifestyle. And I'm not even talking about exorbitant cars and houses and stuff. Literally, just having an agent, a publicist, lawyers, etc. They don't even see half of what they make, ya know? And they're in a business where when you're hot, you get paid a lot - Kristen and Rob are definitely hot right now, so why not give them a pay raise? They definitely deserve one now that Summit knows they'll have the funds.

Also, you're not just paying the actors to come and do your movie - aka not see friends and family for months on end, weird call times, rehearsals, learning stunts (pretty much making the point that there's WAY more than just looking pretty in front of a camera here...). There's also all the promo they have to do - pictures, interviews, etc. I mean, if I had the schedule that Kristen and Rob have had for the last 2 months, I would ask for a bonus too! :)

So - I think while, yes, it certainly is a ton of money, those two deserve it. End of little ranty thing. :)
First of all, Good Morning and Happy Thanksgiving! also I am back again! LOL I can not believe it. I got up early and started the cooking process and I tried to resist coming here. I really did but I could not do it. :lol: So I started to finish my re-reading process of New Moon but it's so sad and I remember my first boyfriend and the awful break-up and I put it down but I shall return to it I promise. Well, I also have to say that while reading the first twilight book. I was hooked and it made me want more :D but since I read the fan-fiction my friend sent me I was like :shock: :oops: OKAY now I have a crazy visual of what would have happened if they didn't stop. LOL *Oh my goodness I think I am turning into my mother now!!!* LOL PRUDE QUEEN! I have a facial visual of the characters now and that is a bit much too. LOL I'm done ranting so sorry folks! LOL

Yes, I agree if I had to do what Kristen and Rob's schedule has them doing I would just fold up and probably break down! LOL I see why they smoke because you need some type of relief of the chaos. Kristen does need to come to realize that she has moved up a notch on the upcoming celeb and she needs to think before she does something. I swear that pipe incident is everywhere from TMZ, Daily 10, ET, Access Hollywood, E news and they are saying that if she is going to do it LOL do it inside not just out in the open. LOL Hopefully she will get it right and her people will smarten her up and polish her up a bit. LOL

Okay I am done must check on food, I shall return.....i think!
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Ugh, Kristen smokes too?
Disgusting.
You'd think people would know better now. Did they not go to middle school where all they do is show you what smoking does? It's gross. Blech.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Christie
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Christie »

meh..so she smokes...she is 18 and will make mistakes and hopefully learn from them. I do think she should keep it more under wraps as she is now a role model for kids everwhere, instead of pulling an amy winehouse and getting caught on film. Sure it frys your brain cells and makes you smell funny but its her choice. This is a talk I have with my 14 year old niece often. (she isnt a twilight fan...can you believe it...I was flaberghasted I tell ya) We have the drug talk and the sex talk often, she can be more open with me than she can with her mom and I can be more candid as I am not as old as her mom (honestly I act like I am still 18) so we connect. She knows that people in the bands she loves and some actors use drugs and she knows it will interfere with her life and goals that she has. She has not said that she will never try it if she feels the need to, but she is firm in her path in life and I can dig that.
Could you say no to the Irish coven?
amie

Post by amie »

My problem with the smoking is only the number of staged shots I've seen of Rob doing it - I don't mind that he does (of course, when he and I start officially dating, we'll have to talk about it) but the sexy posed shots of him doing it bother me. It's not a sexy pastime, it's an understandable addiction.
shygirl1

Post by shygirl1 »

Christie wrote:meh..so she smokes...she is 18 and will make mistakes and hopefully learn from them. I do think she should keep it more under wraps as she is now a role model for kids everwhere, instead of pulling an amy winehouse and getting caught on film. Sure it frys your brain cells and makes you smell funny but its her choice. This is a talk I have with my 14 year old niece often. (she isnt a twilight fan...can you believe it...I was flaberghasted I tell ya) We have the drug talk and the sex talk often, she can be more open with me than she can with her mom and I can be more candid as I am not as old as her mom (honestly I act like I am still 18) so we connect. She knows that people in the bands she loves and some actors use drugs and she knows it will interfere with her life and goals that she has. She has not said that she will never try it if she feels the need to, but she is firm in her path in life and I can dig that.
Hey christie! I agree with the smoking part and she is 18 and hopefully she will learn I'm cool win my nieces and cousins too. She has to be careful now that she is in the limelight more. Do I need to get you a I e cold glass of water and a fan? LOL it gives you a whole view on what if Edward didn't stop!!!
ellalou73
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by ellalou73 »

Okay, this is the only time I'll jump on the soapbox about smoking. My mom died when she was 38, not for smoking but for a congenital heart defect. She was a heavy chain smoker for quite a long time before she wised up and quit. The doctors said that if she would have continued to smoke, that we would have lost her much younger than what we did.

From that and everything else I've learned in my thirty plus some years of life, smoking is not a good habit at all,

I'll shut up now. :D
Christie
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Christie »

lets say that I had a very enjoyable evening! that was so good I had to sign up and get updates from her....she is goood and really should write.

I agree that smoking isnt a healthy habit...I think we are more looking at the pot aspect of it...not tobacco...at least that is what I am addressing...not that pot smoke is much better for your lungs than tobacco...

anyone else wonder why they dont have a twilight float in the Macys parade?
Could you say no to the Irish coven?
ellalou73
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by ellalou73 »

A Twilight float would be interesting, I like that idea. Maybe next year??? Oh and Rob and Kristen could host some of it.
shygirl1

Post by shygirl1 »

Christie wrote:lets say that I had a very enjoyable evening! that was so good I had to sign up and get updates from her....she is goood and really should write.

I agree that smoking isnt a healthy habit...I think we are more looking at the pot aspect of it...not tobacco...at least that is what I am addressing...not that pot smoke is much better for your lungs than tobacco...

anyone else wonder why they dont have a twilight float in the Macys parade?
LOL I liked I'd because in the books Stephenie gave you opportunity to let your mind wander but with the link I gave you allowed you what happened when they didn't stop! *cold shower please* man she is good but I wish she would hurry up with a update cause were all dying!!!!!