Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Re: New Moon~ The movie

Post by navarre »

switzgal wrote:Sounds like Catherine is going to direct New Moon..

http://www.people.com/people/article/0, ... 56,00.html

Why does it say release date of 2010?? I would think it'll be by next Thanksgiving or Christmas?!
Who does this woman(Hardwicke) think she is kidding?! She thinks she fulfilled the fans expectations??!! :shock: :x
She STUNK!!!!
I guess we can expect another hippie, angst story not at all related to the book. Great! :x :x :x

If Stephenie does not get involved heavily with the script, we are screwed!

Arrrgghh!!!!!! :evil: :x :evil:
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
shygirl1
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by shygirl1 »

Man, this movie BETTER be the mininum of 2 hrs 40 mins!!! I will be so disappointed and tell them to just leave it alone and let the fans dream it up in their heads. LOL hey but those photos that they took for the photo shots of Kristen and Rob when she has on the strapless dress makes me think of her a Breaking Dawn bella after she is transformed. She is kinda nice looking cleaned up. LOL
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

Stephenie is involved in the script writing process, no worries there. She's even said that she's writing some extra stuff to help Melissa out. :)

I think Catherine did a great job... I'm not quite sure I buy the people article, but I will be happy if she comes back for more! I think New Moon will be Christmas 2009... it just depends on how long the wolves take in post. :)
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

soozabooza54 wrote:Stephenie is involved in the script writing process, no worries there. She's even said that she's writing some extra stuff to help Melissa out. :)

I think Catherine did a great job... I'm not quite sure I buy the people article, but I will be happy if she comes back for more! I think New Moon will be Christmas 2009... it just depends on how long the wolves take in post. :)
Thank you! I was beginning to think I was the only one who liked Catherine. Sure, the movie was far from perfect, but I love that she is passionate about the story and cares enough to want to please the fans and include Stephenie. I kinda prefer the indie feel to a big blockbuster.
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
amie

Post by amie »

My biggest complaint about the Twilight movie was the sparkling sunlight scene. There were certainly plenty of other complaints, but the reason that was the biggest was that it seriously blows the set up for New Moon. When the camera was still close on Kristen and Rob, but panning back, it took very, very little distance for any sparkle to disappear. Not exactly the big "OMG there are VAMPIRES in Volterra!!!" reveal that would be effective for Edward in New Moon. Furthermore, a friend pointed out that with the Volterra scene occurring during a festival, if she saw someone sparkle the way Edward did in Twilight, her response wouldn't be "that's wild - he must not be human" her response would be "Dude -the color theme was red, not white." He should have looked like a human mirror ball, it should have been almost blinding. As it was, he looked like he'd run up a hill on a hot day, and that's not enough to make his threat hold water in Volterra.
shygirl1

Post by shygirl1 »

soozabooza54 wrote:Stephenie is involved in the script writing process, no worries there. She's even said that she's writing some extra stuff to help Melissa out. :)

I don't think she did that bad either but I just wanted more of the relationship to evolve it seemed so rushed but i still liked.
Lahali
Settled in Forks

Post by Lahali »

^_^ sweet, that means more Jacob...and I love him...actually, I love all the wolves...I wonder who will be cast for the Volturi?
ClaudiaCullen
Learning to Love Green

Post by ClaudiaCullen »

navarre wrote:
switzgal wrote:Sounds like Catherine is going to direct New Moon..

http://www.people.com/people/article/0, ... 56,00.html

Why does it say release date of 2010?? I would think it'll be by next Thanksgiving or Christmas?!
Who does this woman(Hardwicke) think she is kidding?! She thinks she fulfilled the fans expectations??!! :shock: :x
She STUNK!!!!
I guess we can expect another hippie, angst story not at all related to the book. Great! :x :x :x

If Stephenie does not get involved heavily with the script, we are screwed!

Arrrgghh!!!!!! :evil: :x :evil:
I love you lol
you just read my mind
3 perfect men
IAN O'SHEA
EDWARD ANTHONY MASEN CULLEN AND JASPER HALE <333
I_love_Bloodsuckers

Post by I_love_Bloodsuckers »

Have they already started filming New Moon? =/ I'm just wondering, and also, do the characters from the first movie have a contract, like besides Edward and Bella, for New Moon? :?
-Jen.n
Edward prefers BRUNETTES *Tee-hee*
"How the hell did Mike Newton end up in this conversation?" xP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwvHTfza ... re=related
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

I_love_Bloodsuckers wrote:Have they already started filming New Moon? =/ I'm just wondering, and also, do the characters from the first movie have a contract, like besides Edward and Bella, for New Moon? :?
All the actors are under contract for the first 3 movies and I think they are working on contracts for the 4th. They probably won't start filming New Moon until March or so as most of the actors have other projects in the meantime.
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!