Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Celleno
Settled in Forks

Re: New Moon~ The movie

Post by Celleno »

Oh man I can't wait for New Moon, I mean werewolf's anyone, and the Volturi? That's going to be awesome. I also can't wait to see how Taylor portrays Jacob in this one. ^^
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

I didn't hear that anywhere... I just think it makes sense for them to try to go one a year... it will get longer than that, but for now, I don't think it's an unrealistic expectation (like the first three Harry Potters).
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
Christie
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Christie »

I cant remember where I read it but they intend to show the pain that Edward went thru while he was away...if you read (and Im sure you have) the excerpt on SM's website that she left out of the book (the call from rosalie to edward to tell him what was up) I think that would be wonderful and keep people that arnt fans of the book (what am I saying...there is no such thing...and if so they should be burned at the stake!) keep up to speed with the unconditional and epic love Edward and Bella have for eachother. The first movie felt so rushed in displaying their kismet (ie: the banter and spark....do I dazzle you....the day in class when they watched the movie...ect taht I thought were important to the relationship) There could have been more inner monolog duing the scenes when it just showed them talking to help explain the passing of time and the development of strong emotion. That is just my oppinion though.

And btw....we watched Prince Caspian last night and it was loooong....2.5 hrs aprox...and harry potter is super long too.....I would sit thru a 3 hour New Moon, Eclipse and even longer Breaking Dawn....
Could you say no to the Irish coven?
nikie_nikz
Wandering Through Town

Post by nikie_nikz »

I was perusing through Solomon Trimble's (Sam Uley) Myspace pictures, and he has a picture with Q'orianka Kilcher. I think she was cast for the role of Emily Young! The caption for the picture was "...". Is that not obvious enough? I don't see her being Leah because in my opinion, she doesn't look fierce enough to play that role. She does fit as Emily though. We'll see if I'm right about this prediction when they release the new cast list for New Moon.
"What fools these mortals be!"
aimee_xbella
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by aimee_xbella »

Christie wrote:I cant remember where I read it but they intend to show the pain that Edward went thru while he was away...if you read (and Im sure you have) the excerpt on SM's website that she left out of the book (the call from rosalie to edward to tell him what was up) I think that would be wonderful and keep people that arnt fans of the book (what am I saying...there is no such thing...and if so they should be burned at the stake!) keep up to speed with the unconditional and epic love Edward and Bella have for eachother. The first movie felt so rushed in displaying their kismet (ie: the banter and spark....do I dazzle you....the day in class when they watched the movie...ect taht I thought were important to the relationship) There could have been more inner monolog duing the scenes when it just showed them talking to help explain the passing of time and the development of strong emotion. That is just my oppinion though.

And btw....we watched Prince Caspian last night and it was loooong....2.5 hrs aprox...and harry potter is super long too.....I would sit thru a 3 hour New Moon, Eclipse and even longer Breaking Dawn....
Yes, I agree that they did leave some important scenes/quotes out of Twilight and the quotes they left out were "cheesy" =p but we like cheesy, it's just their personalities. But even though, the main points of Twilight was still presented well. I really hope they will incorporate the deep and intense feeling and emotion of loss into New Moon because I don't think they did that very well in Twilight and Twilight seemed cheesy. They'll have to go in total suspension of disbelief mode. And New Moon will be a higher budget movie, I think it will be better and longer even.
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

First of all a new director and screen writer will help. Period.
They need to concentrate on the part "The End" and make it as agonizing as it felt to read. Showing Bella falling slowly to the floor and then her voice over with the paragraph "Time passes...." would be icing on the cake.
Also, show the changing of the seasons(October, November, December & January) with that voice over - even better.

Show the Port Angeles trip with Jessica and let us hear Edward in Bella's mind. Her delusions.
Show the budding relationship between Bella & Jacob and the motorcycles. Show the pack as Bella meets them for the first time and the awesome phasing between Paul & Jacob.
Show the Meadow scene with Bella & Laurent and make it sinister and dark and then show the pack moving through the forest as humans and then phasing as they run and then do the whole entering into the meadow and chasing Laurent down - heck, show them killing Laurent; that would be great.
Let us hear Edward's voice in Bella's mind.
Finally they have to do the Chapters from "The Vistor" onward to the end and especially Volterra, Verdict, The Truth(this one is vastly important) and the Vote. These must be done in their entirety - no skimping.

Stay TRUE to the book. If you leave out the essence of New Moon which is Bella's heartbreak, new relationship with Jacob and then Edward returning and their love restated, we will miss it all and the movie will be horrible. No skimping, no jerking around.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

YAY! This movieis going to make me cry harder than the book! It's always worse when you SEE the sadness happening infront of your face. =[[

-Dark
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
sarina1113
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by sarina1113 »

foolinthemoon wrote: In another slightly off topic moment, My mom was listening to a song, and I really liked it, she says she thinks it would be PERFECT (and i SO agree) for the time she's running through the square for Edward, It's called (Love)Reign O'er Me originally done by The Who, but we both like Pearl Jams version better, its raw and painful, and so perfect! The Beginning is a bit long, but once it really starts it left me speechless!

Ignore the video as well, just listen and think of Bella running through the sqaure... *shivers*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp7qen5niGw
Woah woah woah, that is one of my favorite songs. The Who is so great and Pearl Jam does an amazing cover. I completely agree. That song with go pretty damn well with that epic scene. Even a song that has the same feeling and power as this would do (because this song has already been used in a recent soundtrack).
J<3N
Q: Who's your favorite vampire? Edward Cullen or Bill Compton?
A: Well, Bill has quite the...uh... I'll just say Bill is my favorite for undisclosed reasons...

sarina1113
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by sarina1113 »

navarre wrote:First of all a new director and screen writer will help. Period.
I second this. Even though it is highly highly HIGHLY unlikely because with the box office debut pretty much gave the current director her street cred.
J<3N
Q: Who's your favorite vampire? Edward Cullen or Bill Compton?
A: Well, Bill has quite the...uh... I'll just say Bill is my favorite for undisclosed reasons...

navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

sarina1113 wrote:
navarre wrote:First of all a new director and screen writer will help. Period.
I second this. Even though it is highly highly HIGHLY unlikely because with the box office debut pretty much gave the current director her street cred.
I know and I'm dreading the fact that they will probably bring her and M. Rosenberg back.
Oh well.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict