Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Re: New Moon~ The movie

Post by MRK »

soozabooza54 wrote:Yeah, keeping it real has been brought up - or as real as possible. I'm still wanting them to get the Aslan people in. :)

Ohhh...youre right Aslan was pretty sweet...
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

That's totally not realistic though as far as budget goes. The budget for Narnia was 180mil. 180 MIL. Holy crap, that's a lot of money. That's, what, over four times what Twilight had. So... although there are SOOOO many more special effects in Narnia and all that, I still think that it's an unrealistic expectation to get the Aslan thing. But seirously... they should look into it and make it work.

Another thing I found that I think is interesting... Twilight is up to 90mil worldwide, 80mil of that from the US alone. :) Monday was its worst day so far for earnings (only 4.5 mil... and putting "only" in front of 4.5 mil makes me want to vomit cuz that's so much money. ha.), but it was up to 6mil yesterday! Let's all try to go again this weekend and keep it #1 for Thanksgiving! :)
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

soozabooza54 wrote:That's totally not realistic though as far as budget goes. The budget for Narnia was 180mil. 180 MIL. Holy crap, that's a lot of money. That's, what, over four times what Twilight had. So... although there are SOOOO many more special effects in Narnia and all that, I still think that it's an unrealistic expectation to get the Aslan thing. But seirously... they should look into it and make it work.

Another thing I found that I think is interesting... Twilight is up to 90mil worldwide, 80mil of that from the US alone. :) Monday was its worst day so far for earnings (only 4.5 mil... and putting "only" in front of 4.5 mil makes me want to vomit cuz that's so much money. ha.), but it was up to 6mil yesterday! Let's all try to go again this weekend and keep it #1 for Thanksgiving! :)
I'm going again this Sat with my MIL, SIL and maybe BIL...so we'll help lol
amandaxcullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by amandaxcullen »

MRK wrote:Does anyone agree (this may have been brought up already) that the wolves should be real wolves in NM and not special effects wolves (ie...giant horse wolves)???
I do!
*raises and waves hands frantically*
Team Jacob!
Because a space heater has more potential than a rock.
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

debussygirl wrote:
dimber wrote:What about Nicholas Hoult as Alec? He wouldn't need make up to become pale... :mrgreen:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0396558/
Too old. Alec's Jane's twin so he's like 13, and that guy's almost 20.
But he does look like he could play someone from the Volturi, Felix maybe?
Yeah, you're right..the fact is I keep forgetting how much he grew up since he made "About a boy" with Hugh Grant. He would have been perfect then :mrgreen:
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

YourFavoriteAries
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by YourFavoriteAries »

soozabooza54 wrote:That's totally not realistic though as far as budget goes. The budget for Narnia was 180mil. 180 MIL. Holy crap, that's a lot of money. That's, what, over four times what Twilight had. So... although there are SOOOO many more special effects in Narnia and all that, I still think that it's an unrealistic expectation to get the Aslan thing. But seirously... they should look into it and make it work.

I wouldn't worry so much about weekdays since no one really goes to see movies on a Monday.

Especially during the school year (allot of places have school on Monday and Tuesday, sometimes a half day Wednesday for thanksgiving so still regular school days in most places...) It's already almost tripped it's budget I've heard?

Is Aslan completely CG? dang...
He's so real looking... :lol:

IF they can get that guy to do the wolves that'd be great. New Moon has maybe 1% of the cg involved in Narnia. lol

I really don't think real wolves are a realistic choice. For one, you have to fine wolves. For two, they have to be trained and tame. And of course the wolves are a MAJOR part in the movie and they almost need to show expressions and...it could be more hassle then it's worth really.
Private Chloe Meadows of Jaspers Confederate Army- Stainless Carlet
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

The wolves are a concern. I think Catherine has her group of guys she likes to work with too.. that being the same guys that did that sparkling effect?! Yeah... not so much!

Anyway, I just hope they know what they're doing and that Summit insist on a better product considering that this saga can really escalate their small studio!!!

I think most studios have staff that look and read what the reviews and what the fans want etc. I hope so anyway. Their business is to entertain and get the most $$$ from happy fans!! So I hope Summit, Catherine, Melissa and SM are all on the same page with New Moon!!!
UnfreakinBelievable
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

switzgal wrote:The wolves are a concern. I think Catherine has her group of guys she likes to work with too.. that being the same guys that did that sparkling effect?! Yeah... not so much!

Anyway, I just hope they know what they're doing and that Summit insist on a better product considering that this saga can really escalate their small studio!!!

I think most studios have staff that look and read what the reviews and what the fans want etc. I hope so anyway. Their business is to entertain and get the most $$$ from happy fans!! So I hope Summit, Catherine, Melissa and SM are all on the same page with New Moon!!!
I remember hearing that the people that did the sparkling effect were Industrial Light and Magic, so I'm thinking that they really didn't skimp on the effect for the sparkling -- that's a pretty big company. Personally, I didn't mind the sparkling, it was the gosh-awful sound effect they played when he sparkled -- it made me want to laugh -- oh, that's right -- I DID laugh!! :lol:
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

Yeah, ILM is pretty much the best there is when it comes to effects (them or Weta in NZ, who did all the Lord of the Rings films, as well as Narnia, I believe)... so I'm sure that that 20 seconds of sparkling had a pretty hefty fee on it... It's also gotta be hard when you're Summit and you're just starting and you don't really have your own digital effects division or whatever. Everything has to be sent out somewhere else.

And yeah, Narnia is pretty much all digital effects... so of course New Moon would be cheaper! :)

JUST THOUGHT I'D WARN EVERYONE
there are two posts coming up with links - I think the poster's names are, like, edward_loveluv and edwardnibbleme or something like that. DO NOT CLICK THOSE. :evil:
Last edited by soozabooza54 on Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
ilovetwilight
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by ilovetwilight »

Here are some people I think would fit really well for these parts:

Danay Garcia as Emily:
http://www.seriesblog.es/wp-content/upl ... garcia.jpg

Tawny Cypress as Gianna (if they have her. it's the girl in the picture, not the guy obviously, lol):
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0eC ... L/610x.jpg

Jessica Biel as Heidi (if they have her):
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/117/2974 ... 2b076b.jpg

India De Beaufort as Lea (does her name have an H?):
http://www.exposay.com/celebrity-photos ... 0IGtV0.jpg

and that's it for now :D
Active Donor for: DBJ & Co. (Dontating Blood to Jasper!)
Jackhammer Trainee for: EDC Inc. "Let's break down some houses"
Co-Captain for EDCCS!