Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Putty009
Settled in Forks

Re: New Moon Movie ~ Take 2

Post by Putty009 »

OnyxEyes wrote:
New Moon may be offered to Chris Weitz (who directed The Golden Compass)
The Golden Compass movie was horrid and messed with the book story so much. :?
YEP
sarina1113
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by sarina1113 »

ilovetwilight wrote:
WHAT DO YOU MEAN THEY'RE NOT KEEPING TAYLOR LAUTNER AS JACOB BLACK!?!?!!?!?! They have to be!!
scroll down to the cast list:

http://acting411.blogspot.com/2008/11/n ... tions.html

he's there! so he has to be jacob black!
Thanks for pointing that out. No worries, I wasn't convinced by what Wikipedia said but it still hasn't been officially announced by Summit yet. I wish they would though and stop torturing my Taylor-loving heart.

I've seen too many interviews with Taylor all excited about becoming a werewolf so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
J<3N
Q: Who's your favorite vampire? Edward Cullen or Bill Compton?
A: Well, Bill has quite the...uh... I'll just say Bill is my favorite for undisclosed reasons...

tribbadawn
Settled in Forks

Post by tribbadawn »

Putty009 wrote:Dunno. I think its gonna be a huge snowball effect. People read the books, saw the movie. People saw the movie and read the books. I think regardless of how well NM movie actually turns out at release, its gonna be a really big franchise through till the end....

unless the director butchers something so horrifically, or a main part of the cast drops out.

I think the thought of that makes me sicker than the sickness I felt for Bella while reading the book!!!! :lol:
I do hope for the snowball effect though!!!!!!!
I Twilight thee....Sir Edward......
Odd I know, but I have a wild imagination.....
Tinkerbell 31
Wandering Through Town

Post by Tinkerbell 31 »

i think it will be an awasome movie :)
shawniegore
Learning to Love Green

Post by shawniegore »

Going off topic for a minute - I just finished reading Midnight Sun, and OMG I dearly hope she finishes it! So many things I didn't realize about Edward. Makes the story that much more enriching.

amie
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by amie »

It makes Robert's portrayal in the movie make a lot more sense, doesn't it?

Did y'all see the Rolling Stone Interview?

I really hope the sign Taylor officially soon - he's just what Jacob should be, aside from the height, and that can be faked in so many ways. But personality-wise he's everything just right.
shawniegore
Learning to Love Green

Post by shawniegore »

amie wrote:It makes Robert's portrayal in the movie make a lot more sense, doesn't it?
Yes. Yes it does. Very much so! I love it

CatsOnMars
Settled in Forks

Post by CatsOnMars »

I actually think Chris Weitz wouldn't be a bad choice. I think if he'd been able to make The Golden Compass longer it would have been fine (and it's always been one of my favorite books, so I had high expectations). At least he definitely knows how to direct young actors.

They just CAN'T get rid of Taylor. I was really disappointed that they didn't get a Native American actor for him and I'm still not totally crazy about him as Jacob, but that would still make me sad. He's so enthusiastic about this part. I could probably grow on somebody else if they found someone absolutely perfect, but at first I would be bummed for a while.
Last edited by CatsOnMars on Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TeamJacob!
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by TeamJacob! »

ilovetwilight wrote:
switzgal wrote:
sarina1113 wrote:
"Taylor Lautner will not be playing Jacob Black."

Ummm.... I'm praying this is not true because I might just have a heart attack. But you can't trust Wikipedia (or at least I can't) so I'm gonna go snooping around for a legitimate article.

EDIT: You've got it completely right, CantBreathe. I really don't want any changes in the cast. It's like breaking up a strong family :cry:

NOOOOO!!! I cannot believe they're doing this!!!! I hate Summit!!!!
WHAT DO YOU MEAN THEY'RE NOT KEEPING TAYLOR LAUTNER AS JACOB BLACK!?!?!!?!?! They have to be!!
scroll down to the cast list:

http://acting411.blogspot.com/2008/11/n ... tions.html

he's there! so he has to be jacob black!

OMG is this true??????? *Keeping calm, trying to breathe, on the verge of tears* THEY JUST CAN'T......OMG OMG.....i now have a strong compulsion not to go see NM if he is not there.....hope something is made official.
E<3B but I <3 Jacob
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER SECURITY
>>>Thinks her avie provides proof that Rob does indeed have muscles...;D
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

CatsOnMars wrote:I actually think Chris Weitz wouldn't be a bad choice. I think if he'd been able to make The Golden Compass longer it would have been fine (and it's always been one of my favorite books, so I had high expectations). At least he definitely knows how to direct young actors.
I agree...I think the Golden Compass was a tall order to make into a movie, and it also met a lot of resistance from some religious groups because of the basis of the books which didn't help box office numbers at all...I think Summit is invested in this project now and will hopefully do whats best for the movies...