Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
shavei7
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: New Moon Movie ~ Take 2

Post by shavei7 »

ipattz218 wrote:everyone! IVE JUST THOUGHT OF SOMETHING !
Summit Entertainment has tentatively slated Nov. 20, 2009, as the release date for New Moon, the Twilight sequel, which means any director who signs on to replace Twilight director Catherine Hardwicke has to be in Vancouver by Dec. 15 to begin 12 weeks of preproduction before a mid-March start date.
ANY DIRECTOR! now call me stupid or retarded but im sure thats an invitation to anyone who wants to direct new moon... which means..
everyone...pack your bags and head to vancouver! we can all direct New Moon and make it fantastic !

hahaha

in all seriousness... not that im siding with the people and summit.. but have you thought that maybe the fact that they want to get it done fast is a) cos there vamps and they can't age and b) cos of the fans? im sure there thinking.. our fans want it done fast so lets satisfy them.
now i want that but if it means that were going to get a shoot movie then i would rather it happen later. i wouldn't mind waiting till 2010.. just aslong as we get a fantastic 5 star rated movie.

now, i wasnt a huge fan of New Moon because edward left but this whole movie issue and shiz makes me want to read it again :P
and speaking of movie issues.. im getting fatter by the minute but eating chocolate cake... gah... this is so depressing...*eats another spoonful of cake*
yeah...this whole thing makes me nervous, mad, and depressed all at the same time.

It doesn't help that Christmas is around the corner and I'm away from my family :(
Thnx for the awesome banner NIKKI/stellar87!
Team ROBWARD. But I get dibs on Taylor's abs!
slut.. skank.. slut.. skank.. turtle..
ipattz218
Wandering Through Town

Post by ipattz218 »

everyone,
i we need to send letters to 3 groups of people.
1. Summit
2.Talk Shows that the cast have appeared on
3.Stephenie Meyer

If all of us send letters to them then our voices will be heard all over.
Talk shows (if our letters are strong enough) will discuss this with summit or cast members
Stephenie Meyer will know how we fill and take a stand. SM has had crap stuff happen to her reguarding the saga and we need to let her know we still adore and love her and that we want this to be hugely successful.
and we already know what we're writing to summit.

Im from australia so me sending letters will kinda be costly =/

TEAM! Roll Out !
made by ipattz218
E<3B
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

twilightbelle<3 wrote:I wonder if Warner Brothers would consider... :?
I can wait, if it means a better quality movie. Because...this sucks.
I WISH WB was the studio behind twilight - they are a gurantee that twilight will be amazing like harry potter. THEY at least fund them well. (empathize on the FUND)

But i feel kind of bad for summit because they are a poor studio so i want them to cash in some money but doing it appropriately would be nice. FUND.new moon.well!
MidnightStar
Settled in Forks

Post by MidnightStar »

I can just imagine the mountains of hateful mail Twihard fans will send Summit's offices.....it almost makes you feel sorry for them

Almost :twisted:
Like the morning sun your eyes will follow me
As you watch me wander, curse the powers that be
jaspercookie

Post by jaspercookie »

Well, maybe now that Hardwicke's gone, they won't be getting as much hatemail.
MelEponine
Wandering Through Town

Post by MelEponine »

needwingstofly wrote:That's a REALLY good idea - the montages of Edward, the flashes, just to emphasize that Edward is still constantly on her mind and haunting her all the time. It would come to a climax when she jumps.
I just can't wait for the scene in Italy, though.
Thanks! They should hire me to direct! JK
LoveMeSomeEdward wrote:Thye should really include a little snippet of Bella reading Wuthering Heights, its mentioned loads of time in the book so i think it should get a little recognition.
She reads Wuthering Heights in Eclipse. New Moon is modeled after Romeo and Juliet.
navarre wrote:He will still need to 'trim' a little for my tastes. I personally do not like 'grass on the playground', but otherwise, uh ya!!!!! :lol:
LMAO!!!!!! I agree.... but he's still hot!!
cullen_kissez wrote: Geez, can we contact the people who did the Lord of the Rings trilogy?
Not the director, but the CGI crew ...
The effects house was WETA.... and they worked on Golden Compass with Chris Weitz. Maybe he will have some connections and know-how that will be exactly what we're looking for, after all.

Okay.... I first want to say that I am totally committed to a faithful-to-the-book telling of New Moon. Before anyone attacks me here, please go back and read my previous post on this thread. But I'd like to play devil's advocate, if I may. Studios do not set out to make bad films. I know enough about the film indutstry to understand that it is a business, and that, especially for studio suits, it is about the money. A lot of people are in it for the art.... but in the end, it has to make money or there's no point. That said, most of the time, you make money when you make a good picture! It's just possible that Summit was expecting Twilight to be a great film. (Again, don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it!) But it was not a great film. If all Summit wanted was a blockbuster money-maker action film they could have gone with any Michael Bay-cookie-cutter-wanna-be looking for his big break, but they chose Catherine Hardwicke- a director known for her artistic, edgy films. She did a pretty good job, but she didn't give them Oscar material. I truly think Twilight had that potential, and maybe Summit did, too. Let's face it, reviews for Twilight were horrible! Yes, there were a few good ones. Very few. Maybe, just maybe, that was part of their decision-making process.

As for adding more Edward (again, please see my previous post. I want them to leave him out to establish the heartbreak!), film is a visual medium. If we want to understand why Bella takes him back so quickly, without arousing more accusations of misogyny, we need to understand how much he was hurting, too. At the end of the book, we read pages and pages where Edward describes his own misery. Would we want to sit through many minutes of dialogue on this subject?? Well..... maybe we would, but your average movie-goer would not. They need to show us this stuff. Should they do it as flashbacks? Eh... I really hated the flashbacks in Twilight. I'm not saying I know the answer here, but if I were Melissa Rosenberg, I would really be struggling with the right way to handle this. I am dead set that we should only see him through Bella's mind..... but how to show us that he was aching, too? Hopefully, they'll find a creative solution. That's why they make the big bucks!

.... but I'm still secretly hoping they'll hire Baz Luhrman. ;)
Last edited by MelEponine on Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mom26ks
Wandering Through Town

Post by mom26ks »

I just wrote a letter to Summit. I am thinking of trying to email Ellen, Tyra maybe even Jay Leno?? Not that I would have any clout but maybe it would help.

In some ways I wish I could say you know us fans can make you or break you :twisted: I suppose then it would be rude huh??

Any idea on how to get in touch with Stephanie Meyer?? I would love to write her also. Her website doesn't seem to allow comments.
s69.photobucket.com/albums/i47/len...
shawniegore
Learning to Love Green

Post by shawniegore »

Wow, I missed 15 pages of talk. If I repeat anything, I'm sorry. That's just a loooot of back-threadng.
Thanks for that link! ;)

BerAngelVamp
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by BerAngelVamp »

wow...i went shopping and didn't get on here today, what did i miss? what is the reason behind writing summit? can someone please give me a "i'm retarded and live under a rock" run-down? it would be appreciated!! :D
~Amber
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

Anybody know how to reach Stephenie Meyers? I don't know about talk shows like Leno, Tyra, Ellen BUT if we can get to MTV, EW, mags and newspapers that promoted Twilight like crazy maybe!!!

How about posting on the MTV blogs??? Larry Carol might be our in to SM and SM our link to Summit?!

Anyway, letters to Summit, Larry Carol (how to reach him??? MTV blogs?)

Maybe the mods will know. They went to Twilight preview night in LA too!!