Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
shavei7
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: New Moon Movie ~ Take 2

Post by shavei7 »

I'm still trying not to be too hopeful so I won't get disappointed when I see NM.

As Chris said himself, "The proof will have to be in the pudding."
NM can still turn out to be half-baked (ie: only 50% based on the book, or they'll leave out a lot of the key scenes) and they'll just claim "we did the best we could" (which in my opinion is a B.S. response so they better not make excuses when they f*ck this up).

Anyways, I'm a little bit LESS worried about NM now that Stephenie has endorsed CW, and after reading CW's letter. At least he took the time to address the fans' concerns.

Okay... here's to hoping for a much better and more successful sequel ;)
Thnx for the awesome banner NIKKI/stellar87!
Team ROBWARD. But I get dibs on Taylor's abs!
slut.. skank.. slut.. skank.. turtle..
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by twilightbelle<3 »

chichichobits wrote:I'm pretty use to Taylor playing Jacob. Even in his interviews he embraced the Jacob persona to a T and to have this takened away from him so fast, without him benefiting from being the star, sucks so much backside. If I was a Taylor fan I would be so friggin pissed. Atleast Michael Copon is a good choice--he looks like an older version of Taylor. I was looking at his interviews and he carries himself pretty well. I don't see Kristen having a problem with any future scenes with this guy lol if he's cast there's going to be a Team Jacob explosion :lol:
Taylor Lautner has a lot of Jacobs tendencies. Like, his attitude, he is kind of spunky like Jacob. And...*fans self* SO RIPPED. But Taylor has acquired some of Jacobs persona already! And I hope they aren't basing Taylor not looking old enough for New Moon on Twilight, because, he was playing a 14 year old...and I thought he looked old enough in the Prom Scene!
ImageImage
E<3B
Edward_Addict
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Edward_Addict »

(^just a little correction, but Jacob is supposed to be 15 in Twilight, not 14. And he's 16 during NM.)

Anyhoo, I'm totally happy with CW as the new director. I can't wait! And I honestly wouldn't mind Michael as Jacob, whether it's for the whole film or halfway through as the "transformed" Jacob. Either way, nothing will stop me from seeing this movie! :)
Image Image
littlelamb
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by littlelamb »

This is just a big emotional roller coaster ride. We don't know what's going on with Taylor. We have to wait for a long time to see if NM is even any good and the whole time in between we will all be speculating as to what's going on and if they are doing a good job. It's going to be torture but I will love every minute of it! :lol:
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by twilightbelle<3 »

Edward_Addict wrote:(^just a little correction, but Jacob is supposed to be 15 in Twilight, not 14. And he's 16 during NM.)

Anyhoo, I'm totally happy with CW as the new director. I can't wait! And I honestly wouldn't mind Michael as Jacob, whether it's for the whole film or halfway through as the "transformed" Jacob. Either way, nothing will stop me from seeing this movie! :)
I was jut making a point, otherwise. :P
ImageImage
E<3B
Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by Dazzled_by_Cullens »

Edward_Addict wrote:(^just a little correction, but Jacob is supposed to be 15 in Twilight, not 14. And he's 16 during NM.)

I agree nothing is going to stop me either from seeing the movie. I am just excited about seeing the story put to life on the big screen. Also, I know a lot of people keep saying that Taylor looks older than 16, which for me is hard to see bc I think he has a younger looking face. But even so, I don't think there is anyway that he could pass or look like 25, which he is supposed to by the end of New Moon. I don't think any amount of bulking up in the gym is going to change his facial features over the course of the next 3 months. Don't get me wrong I think Taylor is cute, but he does not look like a 25 year old man.
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread...I my LEXILY
Edward_Addict
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Edward_Addict »

Dazzled_by_Cullens wrote:Also, I know a lot of people keep saying that Taylor looks older than 16, which for me is hard to see bc I think he has a younger looking face. But even so, I don't think there is anyway that he could pass or look like 25, which he is supposed to by the end of New Moon. I don't think any amount of bulking up in the gym is going to change his facial features over the course of the next 3 months. Don't get me wrong I think Taylor is cute, but he does not look like a 25 year old man.
My sentiments exactly. That's part of the reason why I wouldn't mind Michael at all as the new Jacob, I think he looks just right. And also, unlike lots of other people, I never got all attached to Taylor since he had such a tiny part in Twilight. And I just never could fathom how they were going to turn him into the bulky 20-something-man-looking werewolf for NM. But even if they DO keep Taylor, I wouldn't really care just as long as they did a damn good job of transforming him.
Image Image
elizabella
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: In our cottage, discussing the latest fashion trends with Alice.

Post by elizabella »

It's so funny, I've just started Eclipse and I was telling my Mom about New Moon and the "Jacob" controversy on these boards and she even said that based on my descriptions, she thought maybe Taylor was too sweet, young and innocent to portray a werewolf that likes to call the vampires bloodsuckers and leeches and gets pleasure from making Edward suffer.

Whatever it takes to create the best film possible I'm all for. I trust you Chris, prove us right.

Alice's Party Planning Committe: (*bag carrier*)
Team Alice- Because sometimes it is better to be small.
ThisStoryOfLove
Learning to Love Green

Post by ThisStoryOfLove »

I am really happy that they chose Chris Weitz to direct New Moon. I am excited to see what he comes up with and I do have a lot of faith in him. I mean come on, he took time to write a letter to us (the fans) saying what his feelings were about directing this movie. I am a huge fan of his, especially the movie About A Boy so I am sure that Chris will do a wonderful job!

"Oh, and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you."
-Edward, Midnight Sun
Penguins x Lovely
Settled in Forks

Post by Penguins x Lovely »

I agree that Taylor is great for pre-wolf Jacob but i just can not picture him as the "older" Jacob that i visualized as i read the books. So really, i think it might be best for him to be replaced as long as its an actor that looks very similar so it's believable.

look after my heart-- i've left it with you.