Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
nafereti
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Location: roll'n wit the turtles, run'n wit the wolves & Taylor's Left Pec

Re: New Moon Movie ~ Take 2

Post by nafereti »

Deja wrote:hahah I thought the same thing. I'm fine with them replacing Taylor but Michael Copon is damn fine, and I may have to rethink my Edward obsession if Michael Copon plays Jacob.
exactly...did you see him in the scorpion king-the beginning...or something like that. i was like DDDAAAMMMNNNN Edward who?! haha :lol:

and other people keep mentioning steven strait. yeah, he's fine as well.

taylor is cute & there fore, he & RPatt match perfectly.
Team Turtle//Skank Pack-Tay's L.Pec//Dork Squad-SuperSonicSamoan
TEAM TAYCOB WEBSITE: http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
chichichobits
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by chichichobits »

It's official Chis Weitz (Golden Compass) is going to be directing the movie.
Official Robnapper Explosions Analyst ( Because Rob makes me go bang ! )
ipattz218
Wandering Through Town

Post by ipattz218 »

alright ... so i just thought of something.

SO if chris weitz DOES direct New Moon.. im not worried about special effects.. i will be worried about the Romance and the story.. no offence, but i can't see a guy directing Vampire Love Story if he isn't a twilighter.

Thats just like getting Peter Jackson to direct the next Star Wars Movie. Great effects but shoot house story line.

so i guess.. if chris weitz directs, say goodbye to the pivotal scenes and quotes.. but hello to special effects.
made by ipattz218
E<3B
mzunfabulous0235
Settled in Forks

Post by mzunfabulous0235 »

Apparently, Chris Weitz [however you spell it] is directing NM.
But i think that SM will still have a lot of imput into the movie.
Like it's not going to be completely shot.
She did in Twilight, didn't she?
I think that Chris Weitz would actually read the books before saying "Let's do it this way!"
I mean, come on, it's got one hell of a reptuation to live up to.
Last edited by mzunfabulous0235 on Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
I may be Team Edward, but I'm also Team Taylor!
ipattz218
Wandering Through Town

Post by ipattz218 »

Two sources tell EW the studio doesn’t want to rehire baby-faced Taylor Lautner (pictured) as Jacob, though Lautner’s agent has apparently reached out to the ­imaging company behind The Curious Case of Benjamin Button in an attempt to demonstrate to Summit how a digitally bulked-up Lautner could work. (Summit says it won’t make a decision until a new filmmaker is on board.)
i just realised, they may not Recast Taylor.
If Chris Weitz says they dont want him then.. goodbye taylor but there is still SOME hope.
made by ipattz218
E<3B
mzunfabulous0235
Settled in Forks

Post by mzunfabulous0235 »

Who would they replace Taylor with though?
I mean, about half the fanbase have fallen in love with Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black [myself included.]
Do these movie people know nothing?

Then again, maybe people love making up crap like that just to get reactions.
Who knows?
I may be Team Edward, but I'm also Team Taylor!
chichichobits
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by chichichobits »

To me it makes more sense if they're getting a new director that they will atleast keep the same actors it would be too much rocking the boat if they did that.
Official Robnapper Explosions Analyst ( Because Rob makes me go bang ! )
Deja
Learning to Love Green

Post by Deja »

lol

You guys haven't been reading this thread very closely, have you.

It's rumored that actor Michael Copon will be taking over the role. It's from a screenshot of a "Official" Facebook for Michael Copon, saying that he is the new Jacob Black. It's easily doctored, but makes sense, so we won't know until they make it official.

Here's the link.
http://www.newmoonmovie.org/2008/12/mic ... cob-black/

There are pictures there of Michael Copon, who may be even hotter than RPattz. heh. Okay, not really, but it's close.
ipattz218
Wandering Through Town

Post by ipattz218 »

I really wish that Summit would give a press release or something to put us twilighters at ease.
made by ipattz218
E<3B
ellalou73
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by ellalou73 »

I really love Taylor as Jacob, but I think there is more to just making him bulk up. Having just read NM for the sixth time, okay not sixth I've listened to it on Audio this time, but there was that part when the were talking on the beach and one of them Bella or Jacob talks about how he looks like he's twenty five with all the growing he's done so it's not just bulking up but finding someone who can carry off looking older and I don't know that Taylor could pull that off, please please don't jump down my throat I love him as much as the rest of you and if they decide to cast him that would be great, but I would think there would have to be much to do to get him too look so much older, but maybe not.

As for the Director, I really hope he remembers that he has a story to tell, and not just a bunch of special effects on a hi budget movie. They need to meet a happy medium where you get what we had with Twilight Movie and have a little more with the effects plus more story, which makes me have hope that they will make this one over two hours, that would be nice. I think they have a lot riding on this too and I hope that the director does his research and respects the audience the books has before he delves into this.