New Moon Movie ~ Take 2

Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
elizabella
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: In our cottage, discussing the latest fashion trends with Alice.

Re: New Moon Movie ~ Take 2

Post by elizabella »

alchemist wrote:
dimber wrote:Regarding the Volturi, I was thinking about their age just randomly and something lit in my brain. They are really really old, so it means they were made vampire some centuries before Carlisle. And that means they can't be too old as well because the average life span was actually very brief. A man in his 40s was already old, if not dead. So I guess the Volturi can be no more than 30 anyway. At least, since Stephenie doesn't mention their age, I would rely on real history.
That's a really good point!

My dream cast as the Volturi would be:
Aro: Jonathan Rhys Meyers (he's quite creepy and he has the kind of soft voice I've always imagined Aro to have)
Caius: Ryan Gosling (I would love to see him play an evil character 'cause he's usually portraited such a nice guys)
Marcus: James McAvoy
Oh no! I can't fancy the Volturi...you have to hate them and be scared of them and with JRM and JM I'd be like eat me eat me!

Alice's Party Planning Committe: (*bag carrier*)
Team Alice- Because sometimes it is better to be small.
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

CastMeNotAway wrote:I've also heard that they're planning on adding more Edward to the movie, and I REALLY hope that they don't! I feel like having him around throughout the entire movie kind of takes away from the ending when he's FINALLY back.

In the book, there was this awesome build-up of anticipation, you know? I feel like that'll be totally lost if they show him AT ALL between the time he leaves Bella in the woods and the time we see him stepping out into the sun in Volterra. (Plus, I feel it will really take away from the growing friendship/more-than-friendship between Jacob and Bella... That dynamic, along with the anticipation of Edward's return, is really the heart of the story... and I don't want either one to get lost!)
Yes exactly! Having him gone through the whole book made his reappearance in the end all the more sweeter! And Jacob and Bella need sufficient bonding time!
Oh BTW, is your sig referring to the Twilight Tour? :lol: Cause that pretty much sums up my experience... so worth it!
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
renesmeecarlie
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by renesmeecarlie »

CastMeNotAway wrote:I've also heard that they're planning on adding more Edward to the movie, and I REALLY hope that they don't! I feel like having him around throughout the entire movie kind of takes away from the ending when he's FINALLY back.

In the book, there was this awesome build-up of anticipation, you know? I feel like that'll be totally lost if they show him AT ALL between the time he leaves Bella in the woods and the time we see him stepping out into the sun in Volterra. (Plus, I feel it will really take away from the growing friendship/more-than-friendship between Jacob and Bella... That dynamic, along with the anticipation of Edward's return, is really the heart of the story... and I don't want either one to get lost!)

Ughhhh I agree completely!!! Remember when you were reading NM and he left her and you had to see how many months passed- like even when she was with Jacob I was dying of curiosity to know what Edward was doing and where he was

It ABSOLUTELY made the scene in Italy a million times more intense and amazing--I really really hope they stick to it

I understand that things have to be taken out to save time for a 2 hour movie...but I hope they know that they can take things out with out changing what's left!! *fingers crossed*

"Amazing", he said, his exquisite voice full of wonder, slightly amused.
"Carlisle was right."
elizabella
Location: In our cottage, discussing the latest fashion trends with Alice.

Post by elizabella »

I hope they don't "Hollywood" it up too much. The audience has to live through the excruciating agony along with Bella of having everything she held on to, everything she lived for torn away from her. After all Edward doesn't even leave her pictures of him to drool over. That reminds me, did Edward ever mail Renee the letter from Bella or did he pull out the pictures of him first?

I think the director and screenplay writer need to look at some classic Jane Austen for guidance. For instance in Pride and Prejudice Jane does not see Mr. Bingley for ages until they are joyfully reunited. You have to feel pain to feel pleasure and Edward holding on to Bella when she saves him is definitely pleasure!

Alice's Party Planning Committe: (*bag carrier*)
Team Alice- Because sometimes it is better to be small.
ilovetwilight
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by ilovetwilight »

Wait who is this guy from one tree hill that might be replacing Taylor? Does somebody have a pic?
And I know that vampires are supposed to be good looking, but I pictured like men in there late 40's or early 50's or something for Aro, Caius, and Marcus, I didn't picture all of these hot young actors that people are suggesting.... but maybe thats just me...
Active Donor for: DBJ & Co. (Dontating Blood to Jasper!)
Jackhammer Trainee for: EDC Inc. "Let's break down some houses"
Co-Captain for EDCCS!
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

ilovetwilight wrote:Wait who is this guy from one tree hill that might be replacing Taylor? Does somebody have a pic?
And I know that vampires are supposed to be good looking, but I pictured like men in there late 40's or early 50's or something for Aro, Caius, and Marcus, I didn't picture all of these hot young actors that people are suggesting.... but maybe thats just me...
If I remember correctly, at least two of them had white hair. So I pictured older men, but of course in really great shape.
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
ilovetwilight
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by ilovetwilight »

CantBreathe wrote:
ilovetwilight wrote:Wait who is this guy from one tree hill that might be replacing Taylor? Does somebody have a pic?
If I remember correctly, at least two of them had white hair. So I pictured older men, but of course in really great shape.
I think it's 2 had black hair 1 had white.... anyway I sorta pictured like Liam Neeson for Caius Aro or Marcus

here's a pic of him:
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h288/ ... Neeson.jpg
Active Donor for: DBJ & Co. (Dontating Blood to Jasper!)
Jackhammer Trainee for: EDC Inc. "Let's break down some houses"
Co-Captain for EDCCS!
UnfreakinBelievable
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

switzgal wrote:I can't believe all Twilight fans went to see Twilight so many times because we are nutty, but also because we wanted a great budget for New Moon (then we would've done the same for Eclipse & BD) ONLY to see that Summit is too cheap to keep ALL their fans happy by giving NM a budget of 50MIL?!!! WTF????

They don't even want to try and CGI to keep Taylor, what are they going to do with the wolves? Make Copon wear a wolf costume? He's tall and big enough, maybe it'll look realistic!! I cannot believe they're doing this!
OK. I'm trying to calm down and look at things from the studio's POV. At first I was totally pissed over the 50 million budget -- but now that I think about them making New Moon and Eclipse back-to-back, they will have allocated 100 million for the two movies, and that amount of money makes sense for what Twilight has made for them. Now, after New Moon and Eclipse are both released, they will make buckets of money -- but I can understand that at this point they are only going to have about 100 million to work with and they have to split it between the two. And I totally understand why they're doing them back-to-back, because of the whole vampires aren't supposed to age thing, so I totally get that and I'm fine.

My other thought is about Jacob -- I'm not so understanding about this, but I'm trying to be. They should have been more careful casting him to begin with. Is Catherine at fault? Is the casting director? Who knows. But someone made the decision to cast Taylor as Jacob, who was totally adorable in Twilight, but when I first saw how tall he was in reality I couldn't help but wonder how they would pull off him growing into a 25 yr old looking guy and then "fursploding" (whoever coined that term is genious -- I had to use it) into a ginormous werewolf. So, what's done is done -- and now they need to stick with their choice. That means forking -- hah, hah, "Forks" -- out the cash and making him look good with whatever technology is available.

Anyway, it makes me feel better to analyze this on "paper", computer, whatever. But I'm still anxious to see what the end result will be.
nafereti
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Location: roll'n wit the turtles, run'n wit the wolves & Taylor's Left Pec

Post by nafereti »

New Moon better not disappoint me like twilight & they better keep Taylor.
Team Turtle//Skank Pack-Tay's L.Pec//Dork Squad-SuperSonicSamoan
TEAM TAYCOB WEBSITE: http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
BerAngelVamp

Post by BerAngelVamp »

i had my doubts about taylor before twilight came out, then i saw him in twilight, and couldnt picture a better actor for the part! that deadly glare at the end of twilight he gives edward, perfect! no one else can pull that off as well. i hope they keep him...
~Amber