Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
cascsiany
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: New Moon Movie ~ Take 2

Post by cascsiany »

I definitely think that the movie will be different without Hardwicke, whether it will be different good or different bad well time will only tell.

I do think that an hour of depressed bella would be terrible, but you have to take into account the other scenes, motorcycles, Quil and Embry, cliffdiving. So it definitely won't be super depressing, otherwise we'd have 5 hour movie, which wouldn't be a bad thing...
EDC, Inc... Crane Trainee
Team Rosalie ~ Every Rose has its Thorn
"We can find some other way to pick a fight with this Demetri."~ Emmett, NM p. 534
Morgan University
Locard's Theory
anilumagloire
Wandering Through Town

Post by anilumagloire »

Summit is showing they care about the end result of New Moon with the decision to ax Hardwicke.
She was given a HUGE opportunity and she dropped the ball.
These movies need directors like Guillermo del Toro or Alfonso Cuaron. Those guys would make amazing movies out of the Twilight series.

The screenwriter also needs to go. SOON! She made our beloved characters sound like idiots! Not that the books are amazingly well written to begin with, (let's face it, they are mediocre as best as far as literary works go) so this is a chance to elevate the language a little.

I for one like Harwicke's work, but New Moon needs to be taken to another level.

I can't wait to hear the news...
RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by RussetRose♥ »

I really want Hardewick to be the director for the movie; she did an awesome job with Twilight and if she does New Moon I think that it will be even better. And hopefully it will be done by the end of next year.

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"
sachael
Cliff Diving with Embry
Location: Somewhere in Vegas having and argument with Riley Reynolds.

Post by sachael »

wow.. never heard of that news that hardwicke will not be the director for new moon..
i hope she changed her mind.. she did a great job and i think she made agood connection with the characters already..

anyone? heard any news about peeps who'll play the volturi?
ImageImage
Team J.ActionTwinnie:TillyWhitlock
A PROUD RANDIE and LEXLING
I Speak My Mindand i tweet too!
amie
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by amie »

A New Moon movie wouldn't be an hour of depressed Bella. It would (ideally) be thirty minutes of madly in love Bella & Edward, five minutes of party-turned-vampire-blood-lust-turned-weirdness, five minutes of the sheer agony of goodbying, thirty seconds of calendar flipping, an hour of struggling/recovering/extreme-sports Bella & Jacob (ie, not boring - we've got cliff diving, we've got Laurent, we've got motorcycles, we've got werewolves, we've got hearing voices), ten minutes of sparking Bella/Jacob/Alice, and then forty minutes of reunion which must include the blackest blasphemy line. Two and a half hours (and thirty seconds) of not-at-all boringness.

They CANNOT add extra Rob in. It will make me crazy, but dammit I'll print out a photo of him and take it with me to look at during the time without him in the film, because there needs to be that belief that he isn't coming back, and there needs to be that absolute orgasm of THANK GOD when we realize he is still in love with her. It just has to be that way.

Another director? Well, whoever it is could do a brilliant job and raise the upcoming films to a whole new level instead of the current "yeah it broke lots of records but it's still a campy tweeny-bopper joke movie" we're getting right now. Or whoever it is could do much worse by not having the passion for the books that Catherine seemed to, and changing pivotal moments, or trying to use Rob inappropriately (as in adding him in more, not the inappropriate ways I'd like to use him) or turning the werewolves into chihuahuas or something.

So yeah, I'm nervous, but trying to be hopeful, because if I spend a whole year worried about this movie my family will have me committed, and they might not let me look at pictures of Rob when I'm in the asylum.
anilumagloire
Wandering Through Town

Post by anilumagloire »

amie wrote:A New Moon movie wouldn't be an hour of depressed Bella. It would (ideally) be thirty minutes of madly in love Bella & Edward, five minutes of party-turned-vampire-blood-lust-turned-weirdness, five minutes of the sheer agony of goodbying, thirty seconds of calendar flipping, an hour of struggling/recovering/extreme-sports Bella & Jacob (ie, not boring - we've got cliff diving, we've got Laurent, we've got motorcycles, we've got werewolves, we've got hearing voices), ten minutes of sparking Bella/Jacob/Alice, and then forty minutes of reunion which must include the blackest blasphemy line. Two and a half hours (and thirty seconds) of not-at-all boringness.

They CANNOT add extra Rob in. It will make me crazy, but dammit I'll print out a photo of him and take it with me to look at during the time without him in the film, because there needs to be that belief that he isn't coming back, and there needs to be that absolute orgasm of THANK GOD when we realize he is still in love with her. It just has to be that way.

Another director? Well, whoever it is could do a brilliant job and raise the upcoming films to a whole new level instead of the current "yeah it broke lots of records but it's still a campy tweeny-bopper joke movie" we're getting right now. Or whoever it is could do much worse by not having the passion for the books that Catherine seemed to, and changing pivotal moments, or trying to use Rob inappropriately (as in adding him in more, not the inappropriate ways I'd like to use him) or turning the werewolves into chihuahuas or something.

So yeah, I'm nervous, but trying to be hopeful, because if I spend a whole year worried about this movie my family will have me committed, and they might not let me look at pictures of Rob when I'm in the asylum.

LOL!! What she said :)
MiharuSkii
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by MiharuSkii »

@amie- You should be the director. You already have the whole thing planned out :lol:

I am both happy and sad to see Catherine go. She did do a wonderful job on the movie, and the people who haven't read the book that went to see that I know thought it was good, but it looked a little low budget (which wasn't really Catherine's fault). I myself think it would be good to get a new director because the story is so different, it wouldn't look good to have the movie look and feel exactly the same as Twilight when the book didn't.
Harry Potter changes directors ever film other than the 1st and 2nd and the only gripe I have with that is the wardrobe changes.
Twilight was great and I hope New Moon is better.
ImageImageImage
alinc
Settled in Forks

Post by alinc »

i completely agree that they shouldn't add more rob. i just see summit wanting to put him in there more after increasing his pay..they will probably want to get more "bang for their buck"
sachael
Cliff Diving with Embry
Location: Somewhere in Vegas having and argument with Riley Reynolds.

Post by sachael »

yeah i agree.. less edward on new moon.. because it's all about jacob/bella relationship..
no need to add more rob scenes just to please the fans to see rob..
it's the whole story that counts..
ImageImage
Team J.ActionTwinnie:TillyWhitlock
A PROUD RANDIE and LEXLING
I Speak My Mindand i tweet too!
Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by Lieziewiezie »

I'd love to see what another director can do. Catherine did a good job, but a new light on things can't be bad. Well, let's hope that right ;)

I think it's only normal that the last part of book will take almost half of the movie. Well maybe a little less, but it won't be to much wrong. If you look what happens in the last part and what does in the rest. I mean, it works in the book. All the tension, and the waiting, and the desire, and the rage and anger and sadness and all of that. But in a movie it would be boring.
The beginning will be the birthdayparty and the rage of Jasper. Followed by Edward who can't handle himself anymore and then his decision to leave. The wood scene, of course, with Sam finding her because that is important cause it'll link her too the wolves in the middle.
Then the scenes of being lost will defenitly follow. Maybe we'll see her in her room sobbing, we might see flasbacks while we see the calender go forward, or maybe see the landshape change (altough that'd be not that visable in Forks). To show how long in time it passes. Then of course she has to go to Jacob, for the motorcycle since it's important link. You'll see her fastly around Jacobs house more, the movies getting ill. Then again showing her so lonely cause now Jacob is gone aswell. She figures out he's a wolve. And then it's Edward time ;)

We need lots of Italy since that's the important part.
I think if the movie lasts 2 hours, the part from where Edward calls in till the end needs to take up around 40 - 50 minutes. The beginning about 25 minutes. So we have less then one hour of no-Edward left.
I think I can handle that.

It has nothing to do with Rob. It just has to do with the fact that the part between the party and Italy goes really well in the book, but I don't think it'll go on the screen well. It'll not be able to fill in more then an hour. Even though it fills about 3 quarters of the book.
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!