Page 75 of 102

Re: New Moon Movie ~ Take 2

Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:00 pm
by renesmeecarlie
JenJen2112 wrote:Do you think they'll add the part where Jacob, in a way, betrays her and takes her motorcycle to Charlie?
I feel like that could be one of the scenes that they cut out to save time- but I think it's a great scene and a really good way to segway into Eclipse!

Re: New Moon Movie ~ Take 2

Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:47 pm
by AmandaRose
I recently saw an interview with Robert Pattinson and he said that his favourite book out of the whole saga was "New Moon", and when asked why, he said that it was because he was hardly in it. I thought that was hysterical.

As far as the "actual" movie or what we can assume will be in the actual movie. I think that it is very important, not only to the story, but in respect of Stephanie Meyer, to really focus on the relationship and the dynamic between Jacob and Bella. I know we all love Edward's character and hate to see him go, but the rest of "New Moon" and "Eclipse" won't have the same affect if we don't truly understand the relationship between the two. What Jacob said in "Eclipse" about him being Bella's "natural" path if all the mythical creatures didn't exist; is incredibly important to the story.

I also think that we need the character of Edward in the beginning, so that we can see the true anguish that Bella is going through. I know most of us can understand heartache and heartbreak, but very few of us (sadly, me included in that few) can truly understand that level of heartache; that debilitating, darkest of dark places. It's crucial, in my opinion. It sets up so much for the rest of the story.

I just think that if Summit is only thinking in dollars and cents then they are going to let down, not only us as fans, but the story we love. It will be cut down to a cheap representation of what Stephanie Meyer worked so lovingly and hard on. I think they owe it to her, to really get the true meat of the story in the movie, even if it makes three hours. I'd pay to see a true love story, and not just a money maker.

Re: New Moon Movie ~ Take 2

Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:49 pm
by alinc
singingsolitude wrote:does anyone have any links to some articles that say Taylor Lautner is being replaced?? I've only seen one, and I definitely don't trust it because the whole thing was based on that Michael guy's myspace. which basically means nothing to me.

I'd really like to see some more credible articles, or a press release from Summit.


and for all of you people that read The Golden Compass, did this Chris Weitz guy stick to the book??? I've heard a couple people say that he didn't... but some opinions are different than others. It scares me that this guy didn't respect the material he was working with, and I'm thinking that if he's done it once, he'll do it again. The graphics in this may be awesome, but the graphics+character/story have to be en pointe for this.
They only thing I've read was that they were going to make a decision on whether to keep him or not when they hired a director. There is supposed to be an official announcement from Summit on Sunday...so I feel like everything we've seen is just speculation

Re: New Moon Movie ~ Take 2

Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:09 pm
by cullen_kissez
I don't think they need to replace him - there are realistic digital effects that can 'bulk up' the actor .. besides, he's what - 16, 17 .. he can still shoot up, he aint done growing yet, u know ..

I hear Summit pushing for Nov. 20, 2009 .. what the?????

Re: New Moon Movie ~ Take 2

Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:16 pm
by twilight1909
:shock: Dang, I'm gone for one day and the boards have exploded!
TeamJacob! wrote:I read somewhere that they replaced Taylor cos they couldn't afford to pay hi cos robpattz was asking for lots.There are just too many rumors and its driving me crazy...i keep telling my self i won't look them up but its tooo hard not too. Summit need to make some official announcement to keep us twilighters at peace.
Okay, seriously...that is not true. I'm sure they would have good reasons for replacing Taylor IF THEY DO, but that is certainly not one of them. Rob said even getting $1mil for Twilight was ridiculous. He's not being paid a crazy amount for NM -- he only has a few scenes in it anyway. (I had heard that Rob & Kristen were both getting $10-12mil for NM but that was another rumor.)
Nightwalker wrote:Chris Weitz is more or less confirmed for the New Moon movie... I'm gutted once again with Summits decisions. He did NOT stick to the book for the Golden Compass so theres ntohing to make me think that he'll do it for this one :cry:
Are we forgetting that the screenwriter is the one who decides how closely the movie will follow the book :?: Rosenberg is the one you should be worried about for that, NOT Chris Weitz. He is simply going to direct the movie based off of her screen play, which has already been written.

I think all of these rumors are getting way out of hand. I know a lot of you are worried about Jacob being replaced (I'm pretty neutral about it either way), but no official statements have been made. We need to wait until Summit makes an announcement before jumping all over them.

Re: New Moon Movie ~ Take 2

Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:24 pm
by navarre
AmandaRose wrote:I recently saw an interview with Robert Pattinson and he said that his favourite book out of the whole saga was "New Moon", and when asked why, he said that it was because he was hardly in it. I thought that was hysterical.

As far as the "actual" movie or what we can assume will be in the actual movie. I think that it is very important, not only to the story, but in respect of Stephanie Meyer, to really focus on the relationship and the dynamic between Jacob and Bella. I know we all love Edward's character and hate to see him go, but the rest of "New Moon" and "Eclipse" won't have the same affect if we don't truly understand the relationship between the two. What Jacob said in "Eclipse" about him being Bella's "natural" path if all the mythical creatures didn't exist; is incredibly important to the story.

I also think that we need the character of Edward in the beginning, so that we can see the true anguish that Bella is going through. I know most of us can understand heartache and heartbreak, but very few of us (sadly, me included in that few) can truly understand that level of heartache; that debilitating, darkest of dark places. It's crucial, in my opinion. It sets up so much for the rest of the story.

I just think that if Summit is only thinking in dollars and cents then they are going to let down, not only us as fans, but the story we love. It will be cut down to a cheap representation of what Stephanie Meyer worked so lovingly and hard on. I think they owe it to her, to really get the true meat of the story in the movie, even if it makes three hours. I'd pay to see a true love story, and not just a money maker.
Since we all know Edward returns, I can't understand why people would want to vary from the storyline and have him more in the film than he is supposed to be. Why is it so hard to bring a great story alive? FOLLOW THE BOOK!!!!!!! I HAVE RANTED ABOUT THIS A GAZILLION TIMES!!!

Edward is in the first three chapters and the last four. No where else. The audience and especially the ones that have not even read the book, need to understand why Bella is so heartbroken. Since their relationship was not established in the first movie(this at the expense of CH's b.s. 'cool man/hippy crap we saw) then the movie needs to establish that and give us the budding relationship between Jacob/Bella.

If the story is explored completely by the book, then this movie will be the moneymaker that the greedy studios are looking for and we, the fans, will at last be content. This is contigent on a great script, great direction and actors that care about these stories.

I agree with you AmandaRose.

Re: New Moon Movie ~ Take 2

Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:41 pm
by beena
Chris has nothing to do with the movie sticking to the book or not. That is the screen writers job. It was all in Melissa Rosenburg's hands. With a finished script, all we can do is hope Melissa asked for Stephanie's input and that Steph had a final say. Chris has the ability to change a few things here and there but not the entire script.

Re: New Moon Movie ~ Take 2

Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:54 pm
by mom26ks
Don't you think that Melisa Rosenberg would know by now that because she mostly stuck to the book (Twilight) that she would be a fool to not try to stick to NM's story??? I'm sure she'll make a pretty penny off of NM if she does it right. Hopefully SM is watching over her shouldar and has final say.

I heard that because CH did such a good job laying the ground work that it will make it that much easier to film NM, I guess the BIG thing will be Italy. I was thinking what about Dakota Fanning as Jane???

Re: New Moon Movie ~ Take 2

Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:56 pm
by Dazzled_by_Cullens
beena wrote:Chris has nothing to do with the movie sticking to the book or not. That is the screen writers job. It was all in Melissa Rosenburg's hands. With a finished script, all we can do is hope Melissa asked for Stephanie's input and that Steph had a final say. Chris has the ability to change a few things here and there but not the entire script.

Amen! I coudln't have said it better. I don't know why everyone is getting twisted over Chris when more focus I feel should be put on Melissa. If summit really wanted to make the most of the series and get the most bang for their buck then they would really consider listening to Stephenie's input and the story that SHE wrote. Not what some screen writter or production company thinks will make a good movie and sell a ticket. The reason Twilight has made so much money is because of the fans of the books! Not the fans of necessarily the movie. I know the only reason I enjoyed the movie and could see past all if its' flaws is because of my love for the books.

Re: New Moon Movie ~ Take 2

Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:01 pm
by applesNfeathers
twilight1909 wrote::
TeamJacob! wrote:I read somewhere that they replaced Taylor cos they couldn't afford to pay hi cos robpattz was asking for lots.
Okay, seriously...that is not true. I'm sure they would have good reasons for replacing Taylor IF THEY DO, but that is certainly not one of them. Rob said even getting $1mil for Twilight was ridiculous.

I think all of these rumors are getting way out of hand. I know a lot of you are worried about Jacob being replaced (I'm pretty neutral about it either way), but no official statements have been made. We need to wait until Summit makes an announcement before jumping all over them.
I have to agree with you here twilight 1909...when it comes to money and vanity we've all seen the interviews and the appearances on tv shows. Robert Pattinson hasn't hit that place yet where its all about the money. Hes very humble when it comes to what he gets paid. I mean did you hear him talk about his POS car on Jay Leno and I think he mentioned it on Ellen too. If the rumors about Taylor are true then this isn't the reason