Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
heartsjasper
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: New Moon~ Lines/Scenes you would like in the movie

Post by heartsjasper »

ive decided im going to trust chris. im going to believe that stephenie wouldnt have told us she agreed with the decision if she didnt.

as for what i want in the movie..most of its been said. heres what i want them to leave out: the dream where she thinks she talking to her grandma. its unnecessary especially since she says how much she hates her birthday throughout the first chapter.
ImageImage
Team Alice & Jasper
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

^ I happen to think that the grandma scene is very significant! Haha. It shows Bella's fear of getting old which is one of her biggest motives for wanting to become a vampire.

I really hope they show the scene where Jacob cuts himself and it heals immediately. :)
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.
heartsjasper
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by heartsjasper »

edwardlikeshaystacks wrote:^ I happen to think that the grandma scene is very significant! Haha. It shows Bella's fear of getting old which is one of her biggest motives for wanting to become a vampire.

I really hope they show the scene where Jacob cuts himself and it heals immediately. :)
yeah it shows her fear but she voices the fact that she doesnt want to get older so many times
ImageImage
Team Alice & Jasper
-veiled-
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by -veiled- »

I know that it is just a thought produced by Bella, but I would love for her to say"=

"It was heaven - right smack in the middle of hell."
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

That would be one of the best voice-overs in the movie if they did it, -veiled-
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

I think, because of our love for the book...it's really hard to think of the movie being any different!

I know they'll have to cut and change some things...and most of you have already mentioned the scenes that are important, in my opinion...

The scene where Jacob climbs up the tree...that's a great one...

Edward's blasphemy speech, for sure...but I don't know if they will (or if I need them to) go into Bella's whole "I'm dreaming this whole thing up..." I think they'll just have Edward and Bella have the conversation after returning from Italy.

But also the voting scene...it's where the idea of Bella becoming a vampire some day is solidified. I think it's so important and shows her relationship with each of the Cullen's.

I also really like the idea of getting to see the shock on Jane's face (whoever plays the part) when she realizes she can't inflict her pain on Bella. I got a thrill out of Jane being taken down a few notches.

~Michelle

Thank you Naureen!!
BaylorBear12
Wandering Through Town

Post by BaylorBear12 »

fanMNM wrote:But also the voting scene...it's where the idea of Bella becoming a vampire some day is solidified. I think it's so important and shows her relationship with each of the Cullen's.

I also really like the idea of getting to see the shock on Jane's face (whoever plays the part) when she realizes she can't inflict her pain on Bella. I got a thrill out of Jane being taken down a few notches.

~Michelle
I agree they need to show the voting that is really important not only to show the relationship with the family but that is what sets up the plot for Eclipse and the wedding. I found it very humorous to think that Jane was taken down a few notches.

I also want to see the grandmother scene. Yes Bella talks a lot about not wanting to get old but that really puts it into perspective and you kind of feel that pain with her.

Of Course all the danger scenes. Like the motercycles, cliff diving (most important), dealing with the four guys, Ect

Oh, we cant leave out all the werewolves scenes and them transforming, plus how close they get with Bella during story time around the campfire, all of which are needed for Eclipse to make any sense.

Who knows Maybe they will be willing to make a good 3-4 hour movie and the entire book within reason will make it into the movie. :D
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

BaylorBear12 wrote: Who knows Maybe they will be willing to make a good 3-4 hour movie and the entire book within reason will make it into the movie. :D

BaylorBear12, we can dream right?? :) I'd love to just have a REALLY long movie word for word like the book :) I know that'll never happen though....*sigh*

~Michelle

Thank you Naureen!!
BaylorBear12
Wandering Through Town

Post by BaylorBear12 »

I know that's how I feel too. My friends make fun of me because we will be talking about Twilight and I will be like oh wait that wasn't in the movie, like the blood typing scene. So they really should just make the movie word for word. I would be so much more excited to see it!
Dragon's_Gypsy
Wandering Through Town

Post by Dragon's_Gypsy »

who_needs_fangs? wrote:
lilmisstrouble wrote:- I want to b*tch slap this person: http://www.medhelp.org/user_journals/show/50112
He forbade his wife from reading the rest of the series? :x I know she's pregnant, but seriously? And people say Edward is controlling.
Omg, that is horrible! He forbade his wife from reading the rest of the series! I'm on board with slapping him. Hard. In fact, there should be an army of Twi-hards to do it. And, I don't know what he's complaining about anyway. His wife only missed 1-2 hours of sleep a night? I missed waaaaaaay more than that reading the series. He got off lucky. Personally if I was his wife, I wouldn't have listened and would have read the books anyway. But that's me.

I've already said earlier that I would love having a really, almost freakishly long movie for any (or all) of the Twilight books. I would sit through the whole thing and love every minute of a word for word movie version of the book. I agree with both fanMNM and BaylorBear12. :)
Team Edward
Because Jacob just can't fight with an eclipse