Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Who would you like to play...

Post by JenJen2112 »

Dakota doesn't have the depth? have you seen all of her movies? not just the kids movies but the other ones, like the dramas...check those out and then I think it will change your mind
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

Dakota most definitely does have the depth and talent of an actress far beyond her years. I would prefer to see an unknown in the role of Jane, but to pass Dakota Fanning off as a 'Giddy 14-year old' is just wrong.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3
Official Dog Lover!
Location: Barackling out with Bri and Brits, while making newbieness banners. Also trying out postahol.

Post by Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 »

JenJen2112 wrote:Dakota doesn't have the depth? have you seen all of her movies? not just the kids movies but the other ones, like the dramas...check those out and then I think it will change your mind
EXACTLY! Uptown Girls was really good...she cried for real in that movie.
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

who_needs_fangs? wrote:Dakota most definitely does have the depth and talent of an actress far beyond her years. I would prefer to see an unknown in the role of Jane, but to pass Dakota Fanning off as a 'Giddy 14-year old' is just wrong.
I don't say 'giddy 14-year old' like it's a bad thing, but there are some roles she should definitely stay away from. Like this one. Sure, she can cry and act all emotional but we're not looking for an expert on sappiness to play Jane.
Last edited by Black on Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
It's like a dream- no end and no beginning.
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

That is kind of harsh, Black. I've seen a few of her movies. Personally, I think she got the looks and the skills to play Jane.

Who did you have in mind, if I may ask?
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

I'm not saying she's a bad actress, you guys. I just don't think she has what it takes to play Jane.
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

I think we should at least give her a chance. I think she has the acting chops to take on Jane. For those who haven't seen her in dramas, I recommend you check them out. Okay so this may be an out there thought, but what about James Franco for one of the Volturi, like Felix or someone.
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

Honestly, I don't like the idea of anyone well-known playing any book role. It ruins the whole this-is-the-story effect because we know who they are. It's like knowing your dad is Santa Claus. What's the point?
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

Black wrote:Honestly, I don't like the idea of anyone well-known playing any book role. It ruins the whole this-is-the-story effect because we know who they are. It's like knowing your dad is Santa Claus. What's the point?
Maybe, but it gives the film credibility, especially among the public who haven't read the books. Some of them, will feel attracted to the movie because of who is playing. Rememeber the fact the film has the goal of reaching a public bigger than just the fans.

Besides, I remember when I complained a lot about Tobey Maguire for Peter Parker and Hugh Jackman for Wolverine and they were amazing. Even Robert Pattinson. I hated the idea of him as Edward, but now I can't picture another guy on his place.

So, maybe, Dakotta Fanning isn't a bad choice. As JenJen said, let's give a shot. ;)
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

Lunna-san wrote:
So, maybe, Dakotta Fanning isn't a bad choice. As JenJen said, let's give a shot. ;)
Noooo! X (